Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Seahawks @ Colts Part 1: Stats Comparison and Matchup

EastStreet

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, but they move him around. Likely have Blackmon in double team most of the night.

Lockett will burn us over the top then. It's risky, but I'd leave Rhodes to defend Metcalf and see how that works for atleast a series.

21 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Lockett will burn us over the top then. It's risky, but I'd leave Rhodes to defend Metcalf and see how that works for atleast a series.

Lockett and Metcalf are top 5 WR tandem. Also 2 of the best deep WRs.

Pick your poison lol.... 

Blackmon is going to have to step up however we end up playing the pass.

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Lockett and Metcalf are top 5 WR tandem. Also 2 of the best deep WRs.

Pick your poison lol.... 

Blackmon is going to have to step up however we end up playing the pass.

Which is why I'm suggesting giving Rhodes no help and slide the coverage. It's risky no doubt, but Rhodes excels covering big WRs. Give it a chance for a series and see what happens.

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Which is why I'm suggesting giving Rhodes no help and slide the coverage. It's risky no doubt, but Rhodes excels covering big WRs. Give it a chance for a series and see what happens.

Not sure there is a good answer lol..

But definitely have Rhodes on DK

Might need Rogers speed on Lockett

On 8/30/2021 at 8:52 AM, Smonroe said:

While last year's stats do give us some indication for comparison, the game comes down to matchups.  And more importantly, which coach is better at taking advantages of the matchups.

My area of concern is with our secondary.  After Rhodes and Moore, the talent drops off considerably.  We can't afford an injury to either guy.

We all know how Rock was picked on last season.  He looked bad last Friday, but decent previously.  Still, if he's on the field we know they'll be going after him.

I'm counting on Wentz and Q playing.  I think Davenport can hold his own, but may need a little help.  So I'm guessing our O is at least as good as theirs, maybe better with our run game.  

Their D isn't the greatest either, especially on the back end.  Going to be a close game.

We need Willis and Blackmon to take their game up a notch, they'll need to help RYS over the top. I hope Eberflus brings the blitz a little more and lets Paye and the front 7 put all these QBs on notice.

3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

We need Willis and Blackmon to take their game up a notch, they'll need to help RYS over the top. I hope Eberflus brings the blitz a little more and lets Paye and the front 7 put all these QBs on notice.

Keep in mind that Rock was hurt 3 different times last year, and played through a lot of it. Hurt early season, mid season, and late season. Not saying he's going to be a stud, but he wasn't 100%

3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Keep in mind that Rock was hurt 3 different times last year, and played through a lot of it. Hurt early season, mid season, and late season. Not saying he's going to be a stud, but he wasn't 100%

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think he'd be a Pro Bowl SS. 

If he steps up in coverage, could be a PB FS.... need to see it though

Yep agreed. I also really like Khari Willis too so it not like we can just move Blackmon to his spot and find a true FS. 

Speaking of Willis, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not a Colt for like 10 years. 

28 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Yep agreed. I also really like Khari Willis too so it not like we can just move Blackmon to his spot and find a true FS. 

Speaking of Willis, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not a Colt for like 10 years. 

We don't ask a lot of SS in our scheme IMO. Stays pretty close to the LOS and plays like a LB-lite most times. Requires perhaps less speed/coverage, and more physicality with nose for the ball so to speak. And Willis plays the role very well. Only time I've really seen him struggle is on the occasional 2 deep situation in coverage. In short, doesn't make a lot of big plays, but he doesn't make mistakes often either. I'd like to see him blitz more if I'm honest.

If Blackmon were to play SS, I think we'd have more flexibility in coverages, and also see more big plays. 

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Kenny hobbled would be very bad. DK and Lockett are scary enough with Kenny at full health.... 

Did he elaborate on D scheme changes?

Wonder if we play more dime, or more 2 deep.

Kenny apparently went back to do individual drills after. I haven’t listened to Reich’s interview yet but I doubt he elaborated on any changes.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Fisher has been activated off the covid list. Which means technically he can practice this week. Woods was released. Maybe we only miss Fisher for one game.

It would be great if Fisher got back by game 2. Highly doubt it. I'm just hoping they don't move him to IR even though it's only 3 weeks.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It would be great if Fisher got back by game 2. Highly doubt it. I'm just hoping they don't move him to IR even though it's only 3 weeks.

We will see. It’s very possible they could after getting him back in the building this week. It’s a shame because he might of actually been ready had this covid thing not happened. The fact they released a player rather then IR Fisher is pretty good news.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We will see. It’s very possible they could after getting him back in the building this week. It’s a shame because he might of actually been ready had this covid thing not happened. The fact they released a player rather then IR Fisher is pretty good news.

I think he might have to be on the active roster 24 hours before he goes to IR

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think he might have to be on the active roster 24 hours before he goes to IR

Ballard did say they will need to evaluate when he gets back. So yeah it still could happen. I think though they are going to want him to practice a couple weeks before playing so even if he isn’t quite ready I could see them not putting him on IR. 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Fisher has been activated off the covid list. Which means technically he can practice this week. Woods was released. Maybe we only miss Fisher for one game.

I thought it was 10 days.  Right after all.  What happened to Ballard's statement for having 11 DL on the 53?  lol.  Cutting Woods tells me they like Fries and don't want to try to get him to the PS.  I don't see him going to IR.  I think he has a chance to actually start Sunday.  He's a veteran just like Veldeer was last year.  He doesn't need a lot of time.  Frank was gushing about how he looked weeks ago.  

Yes he’s a veteran, so in theory he won’t need a whole lot of practice but I just don’t seem him playing until week 3. I mean I could be wrong but he hasn’t even had pads on yet. Might as well let him get as close to 100% as possible then let it rip.

we need him for the long haul in a big way.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Not to jinx anything but the colts seem to be pretty healthy heading into sunday.

I think "pretty healthy" might be overstated. Maybe, trending better is the best way to describe it.

D starters are pretty healthy, but we know Lewis may not be 100%, our CB3/4 is still an unknown (Carrie), and the only depth we have at FS or SS (Odom) is questionable.

On O, CW is still a ?, LT is more than likely out, WR1 is out for at least 3 weeks, Kelly and Q are likely not 100%, and Pinter is still ?, 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I think "pretty healthy" might be overstated. Maybe, trending better is the best way to describe it.

D starters are pretty healthy, but we know Lewis may not be 100%, our CB3/4 is still an unknown (Carrie), and the only depth we have at FS or SS (Odom) is questionable.

On O, CW is still a ?, LT is more than likely out, WR1 is out for at least 3 weeks, Kelly and Q are likely not 100%, and Pinter is still ?, 

Except for TY and Fisher not back yet there doesn’t seem to be any major injuries heading into Sunday. Carrie and Lewis have both practiced the last few practices.  I am really not worried about Wentz health for Sunday. Rust yes health no. Unless there is a set back he will play. Reich said WED was the important practice. Kelly said his elbow was good today. Q has practiced like 4 or 5 in a row. Pinter isn’t that important if Kelly is healthy.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I don’t understand how we’re going into the season with 1 backup safety. And I’m not sure if that backup even played a defensive snap last year.

what am I missing here?

57 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I don’t understand how we’re going into the season with 1 backup safety. And I’m not sure if that backup even played a defensive snap last year.

what am I missing here?

I think they feel a guy like Carrie can play safety in a pinch. Maybe even Rodgers could play some. Also are there any on the PS? It does seem odd.

Reich mentioned some scheme changes. That will be something to watch.

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

what am I missing here?

Yup. The Chachere cut is a head scratcher. Perhaps when the dust settles, they'll temp up Shawn Davis.

38 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I think they feel a guy like Carrie can play safety in a pinch. Maybe even Rodgers could play some. Also are there any on the PS? It does seem odd.

Reich mentioned some scheme changes. That will be something to watch.

Carrie was the starting outside Corner opposite Rhodes for a while before injury. He's still listed as starter on the Colts depth chart. He's also the primary NB backup. 

So you can't have one guy competing for a starter slot who at minimum will get a good % of reps, who is also backup NB, and also the backup S... 

A guy can only wear so many hats.

Archived