Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ranking of all QBs heading into 2012

Peyton and Eli fan

Just a quick look, I'd have Stafford higher than Vick and probably Ryan, Flacco dropping to 16 below Romo, Cutler and Schaub, Bradford probably climbing a bit, Smith climbing a bit, Sanchez dropping a bit, Skelton dropping... ah I'd make sense of it if I could be bothered. I'd not have Eli #1 either, he's darn good but Brady, Brees or Rodgers please, and if Peyton is his old self again he needs to be up there.

Ben Roethlisberger third overall?

My Rank:

1. Rodgers

2. Brees

3. Brady

4. Peyton

5. Eli

6. Rivers

7. Stafford

8. Roethlisberger

9. Newton

10. Vick

11. Ryan

12. Luck

13. Romo

14. Flacco

15. Cutler

16. Schaub

17. Dalton

18. Palmer

19. Bradford

20. Griffin III

21. Smith

22. Freeman

23. Locker

24. Fitzpatrick

25. Sanchez

26. Flynn

27. Cassel

28. Ponder

29. Skelton

30. Moore

31. McCoy

32. Gabbert

I wonder what it is that Eli needs to do to prove he's deserving....?? I'm a believer.

Don't agree with Big Ben being #3 ~~ not a fan of his on or off the field.

Eli wouldnt have been able to do what Peyton did here IMO.. Eli had the 6th best running attack and the 3rd ranked defense last season.. Im not dogging him, i just dont think he can put the team on his back like Peyton has done

I wonder what it is that Eli needs to do to prove he's deserving....?? I'm a believer.

Don't agree with Big Ben being #3 ~~ not a fan of his on or off the field.

Yes!! I could also be a pretty good QB if I had one of the top defenses in the league every year and a solid running game. If you ask me, Ben is one of the more overrated QBs in the league. If you put Peyton in Pittsburgh his whole career, he would probably be playing for rings for his other hand by now

Eli wouldnt have been able to do what Peyton did here IMO.. Eli had the 6th best running attack and the 3rd ranked defense last season.. Im not dogging him, i just dont think he can put the team on his back like Peyton has done

He has 2 rings.... he stays calm and cool under pressure, gets the job done.

Yes!! I could also be a pretty good QB if I had one of the top defenses in the league every year and a solid running game. If you ask me, Ben is one of the more overrated QBs in the league. If you put Peyton in Pittsburgh his whole career, he would probably be playing for rings for his other hand by now

Agree, on all points. I've ALWAYS thought Big Ben is overrated.

What stats are you looking at. They had the 31st running attack and the 25th or so defense from what I remember in the regular season. I have to go look it up now, but they were both pathetic until week #16

What stats are you looking at. They had the 31st running attack and the 25th or so defense from what I remember in the regular season. I have to go look it up now, but they were both pathetic until week #16

youre right... i was looking at the post season stats... my bad

The Giants were ranked 27th in defense last year.

http://www.nfl.com/s...=1&d-447263-n=1

And the running game? - dead last in the league

http://www.nfl.com/s...=true&Submit=Go

Eli put that team on his back and dragged them to the playoffs.

The G-men had the 3rd ranked overall defense in the postseason, as well as the best scoring defense, had the most sacks and had the 2nd most forced fumbles. Eli played well, but the defense played very well too

The G-men had the 3rd ranked overall defense in the postseason, as well as the best scoring defense, had the most sacks and had the 2nd most forced fumbles. Eli played well, but the defense played very well too

Agreeing with you for the postseason. They started playing well at the right time, but they wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs if Eli didn't carry them in the regular season.

Now, I will admit that I wouldn't make him #1 based on that, but it was a darn impressive season.

Agreeing with you for the postseason. They started playing well at the right time, but they wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs if Eli didn't carry them in the regular season.

Now, I will admit that I wouldn't make him #1 based on that, but it was a darn impressive season.

Yeah, he played really well this year, especially in the 4th quarter. His QB rating (take that stat for what you will) in the 4th quarter was like 114. When he came out and said he was an elite QB, everyone laughed at him, but he went out and proved he is one of the best QBs in this league.

I don't see how you guys are putting Peyton so low. Have we forgotten is career in Indy? I mean yeah he is returning from an injury but still he is not #6.

I don't think Newton should be #7, yeah he had a good rookie season but so did Vince Young. Let's wait to rank him so high until we see what he does this year.

Are some of you seriuos? Placing Eli over Peyton.

Eli is 5th at best. Thats ok, Peyton will remind you all just how good he is in a couple months.

This is heading into 2012, not overall careers. If it was overall careers, Peyton and Brady would be 1 and 2 (in my opinion...this is not a Brady-Manning debate). We don't know how Peyton will do next year coming back from 4 neck procedures. On the other hand, Brady and Eli both just finished playing in the Super Bowl.

Are some of you seriuos? Placing Eli over Peyton.

Eli is 5th at best. Thats ok, Peyton will remind you all just how good he is in a couple months.

I didn't rank any of them.... only questioned Big Ben at #3, and also questioned WHY so many others question Eli.???

and for the record..... I would LOVE to see Peyton be #1 at season's end.

This is heading into 2012, not overall careers. If it was overall careers, Peyton and Brady would be 1 and 2 (in my opinion...this is not a Brady-Manning debate). We don't know how Peyton will do next year coming back from 4 neck procedures. On the other hand, Brady and Eli both just finished playing in the Super Bowl.

Exactly - have to see how recovered Peyton is before putting back up there. Career wise, it would still be 1, 2 Petyon and Brady.

Exactly - have to see how recovered Peyton is before putting back up there. Career wise, it would still be 1, 2 Petyon and Brady.

Yep! There's no question that Eli isn't even close to Peyton in terms of overall QB ability. Peyton is a surefire HOFer and arguably the best QB and player to ever play the game. At no point in his career has Eli been considered the best QB in the league. It's possible that changes in the future and Eli wins an MVP trophy or two and leads in the league in some passing stats, but Peyton is the better QB, no question. At this very second though, we don't know what Peyton can and can't do, but we know what Eli can do, and that's lead his team to win a championship

My personal list using main starters from last season (excluding Peyton and Flynn)

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Peyton

5. Eli

6. Rivers

7. Stafford

8. Roethlisberger

9. Romo

10. Cutler

11. Schaub

12. Newton

13. Vick

14. Ryan

15. Palmer

16. Flacco

17. Flynn

18. Fitzpatrick

19. Sanchez

20. Kolb

21. Smith

22. Bradford

23. Orton

24. Ponder

25. Freeman

26. Jackson

27. Grossman

28. McCoy

29. Gabbert

30. Henne

31. Hasslebeck

32. Tebow

I would have Luck at 17 and RG3 at 20

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Eli Manning

4. Peyton Manning (He'll move up to 1 if he is his old self)

5. Aaron Rodgers

6. Philip Rivers

7. Ben Roethlisberger

8. Tony Romo

9. Matthew Stafford

10. Matt Schaub

11. Jay Cutler

12. Michael Vick

13. Matt Ryan

14. Joe Flacco

15. Cam Newton

16. Andrew Luck

17. Sam Bradford

18. Carson Palmer

19. Josh Freeman

20. Robert Griffin III

21. Ryan Fitzpatrick

22. Christian Ponder

23. Kevin Kolb

24. Matt Hasselbeck

25. Matt Flynn

26. Alex Smith

27. Matt Moore

28. Matt Cassell

29. Mark Sanchez

30. Tim Tebow

31. Colt McCoy

32. Blaine Gabbert

Aaron Rodgers is the MVP of the league, the SB MVP the year before......he is 28 years old and his team finished last season with the last ranked defense and he gets #5. Hahahaha.

Of course the Pack did go one and done but then again the Giants were not an easy first round opponent by any means. Also I still maintain the funeral a few days before the game put them in a slight funk. The more I think about this......the pressure will be on more for next years Packers. They can't go one and done again.......you get more of a pass when you are defending champs. They won't next year.

This list is asinine as it includes QBs who have never played a down in the NFL before those who already have.

And since their addition is only based on hype and what they've done at the college level (which I don't care how good you were, doesn't magically make you a great NFL QB) we should already have Luck and RGIII at 1A and 1B and their inauguration into Canton just weeks away.

This list is asinine as it includes QBs who have never played a down in the NFL before those who already have.

And since their addition is only based on hype and what they've done at the college level (which I don't care how good you were, doesn't magically make you a great NFL QB) we should already have Luck and RGIII at 1A and 1B and their inauguration into Canton just weeks away.

*sigh*

Let us be fair though.

Luck wears the number 12 and is capable of growing a lot of facial (and neck) hair. That alone practically guarantees him at least one future Super Bowl title.

*sigh*

Let us be fair though.

Luck wears the number 12 and is capable of growing a lot of facial (and neck) hair. That alone practically guarantees him at least one future Super Bowl title.

That analysis was so easy, it's almost like, like....like....

a caveman could do it

*sigh*

Let us be fair though.

His beard is shameful. It's not even a real beard. It's like a weird Amish thing. He can't even grow the full Amish beard.