Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Lions Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We’re not cutting Mack.   Ballard loves him.  I’m sure others do too.    We fully guaranteed his 21 salary which is $2 mill. 

If we didn’t play him much,  there’s a reason.  

If there’s a back to move it’s Wilkins in a trade if we could make one, and that’s a big if. 

Mack and Wilkins both will be back IMO. At least that is what I would do. See above.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Probably not.  But how about Jackson over Mack?  Mack was a FA forever until we resigned him.  Did he show enough in preseason to indicate he is fully recovered?  Who has more upside?   Both Mack and Wilkins are FA after this year.  I would be tempted to keep Jackson on the 53.  I don’t think Mack plays special teams either.  Not a cut and dry choice for me.

No. Mack played very little for a reason. How much can you show with 2 to 3 carries a game? They know what and where Mack is. He had a great camp. They've given him a small workload.

30 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

The top 4 backs JT, Mack, Hines & Wilkens are set IMO! Perhaps Jackson & or Lemay make the practice squad, I think you will need 1 of the 2 in case someone goes down!

I think Lemay is out.  I think it comes down to Wilkins and Jackson and I don’t know if Jackson did enough overall to take Wilkins roster spot baring Ballard finding a trade partner for Wilkins.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Problem with Ben was his tackling last night was not great overall.  I think the Colts were taking an extended look at him.  I think he makes the roster but I would be nervous if I were him right now.

He made some whiffs, though who is going to take his place on the roster?

1 minute ago, WentzinRome said:

He made some whiffs, though who is going to take his place on the roster?

Like I said I think he makes the roster but I don’t think he’s a lock.  I think Kwitty, Muhammad, Turey, and Lewis all ahead of him on the roster at end.  Do they keep five ends?  They could very well but it’s not a lock.  It could come down to him and Rochell and the, deciding do they want another pass rusher or more or run stopping guy who can also play inside.

3 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Wilkins is a proven commodity so I would say no! 

Ultimately that’s how I feel too.  I think Jackson is headed to the PS unless they get a trade offer from Wilkins they like which I don’t expect.  

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Like I said I think he makes the roster but I don’t think he’s a lock.  I think Kwitty, Muhammad, Turey, and Lewis all ahead of him on the roster at end.  Do they keep five ends?  They could very well but it’s not a lock.  It could come down to him and Rochell and the, deciding do they want another pass rusher or more or run stopping guy who can also play inside.

Ultimately that’s how I feel too.  I think Jackson is headed to the PS unless they get a trade offer from Wilkins they like which I don’t expect.  

I think he is good until Dayo gets healthy.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Agree Wilkins is proven to the Colts and there fans perhaps not the rest of league as of now.

12 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I really like this kid.  Hope he makes it and would love to see him and Glasgow running down on punts/kicks

I'd like to see Harris and Dulin as gunners, and Kaufusi as the hard hitting hoover in the middle. Really doesn't have the speed for a gunner.

I like Glasgow, just not sure he's shown enough to keep a spot. If he were farther up the LB depth, then maybe. 

Kaufusi overall just has a nose for the ball. I'm not sure I've ever seen a no-name UDF have such a good preseason. I don't think many know his history, or really I should say his family's history, but anyone who does knows he's got the right football genes. 

If he makes the team, might do a thread on him and his background.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I think Strachan dropped 2 potential big receptions.   He didn't help his cause much on Friday.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

I think it was only one and most didn't blame him for that one. He had a good game.

Per PFF, and per the Colts.com article about the Colts roster, Strachan hasn't had any official drops in his 3 preseason games. Patmon either. Both graded out in the 70s.

The play in question was just a fantastic play by the DB. If the ball was a bit higher, the DB likely couldn't have got to it, and Strachan wouldn't have had an issue getting to it. But it's not really Eason's fault either. Just great DB play.

Archived