Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PS Colts @ Lions: Name 5 Things You Want to See Tonight

EastStreet

1. We have seen good Eason and bad Eason show up this preseason. Which one do we get tonight? Has he progressed?

2. Who locks down the 6th WR position? Watch the gunners on punt coverage, as this might provide some insight.

3. Who will get the final DB roster spots? A lot of competition there for just a few spots. Does anyone stand out?

4. Can we run the ball? Running game has not been good this preseason. I fully understand the issues with the starters out on o-line and no JT, but our 2's and 3's need to be able to move the ball against their 2's and 3's.

5. IDL. We have had some guys that seem to be playmakers there behind our starters. Can anyone separate themselves form the pack?

QB battle first

- Eason needs at least 2 scores to keep his momentum.

- Ehlinger probably needs 3 or more and a bad night from Eason to over take him.

- I want us to work on our run game. With our back's and Oline there is no reason we should not

be controlling the clock with our run game.

- I want to see more of Strachan. Give him the opportunity to make plays both on offense and Special teams.

1. No favorites really on the WR battle. I just hope that Strachan (if back), Patmon, and Dulin all have a great game, and make it really hard to pick the last couple spots. Same goes for Black and Vaughns too. I really love the depth.... I'd hate to lose any of them to be honest. I just hope several make it through to the PS.
  2. The OL backups to look good, especially the guys that might end up starting Game 1 like Davenport, Reed, and Hunt.
  3. Granson to look like the guy we expected
  4. The young DBs like Shawn Davis, Isaiah Rodgers, Tell, etc. to look good.
  5. Rochell to lock down a spot. We need another productive flex DE/3T.

And as with every game.... No injuries, especially to those key rotational guys we know will make the roster.

Not worried about the QB2 situation now, but hope both bounce back with good reps.

Some that haven’t bee mentioned:

- Back-up OL.  I feel like I haven’t heard of a ton of differentiation between the likes of Reed, Eldrencamp, O’Donnell, Fries, and Hunt.  I assume Reed is our top IOL backup with Pinter hurt.  But I want to watch these guys.

- Kaufusi and Glasgow.  I think one of these guys makes it as a ST guy…

Keeping in mind, no starters will play:

1. Do the DEs get pressure and defend the edge, against roll outs and cutbacks ?

2. Can Eason throw with a better “touch” on short throws ?

3. Patmon/Dulin battle

4. How do backup LBs look?

5. NO INJURIES 

18 minutes ago, Archer said:

Some that haven’t bee mentioned:

- Back-up OL.  I feel like I haven’t heard of a ton of differentiation between the likes of Reed, Eldrencamp, O’Donnell, Fries, and Hunt.  I assume Reed is our top IOL backup with Pinter hurt.  But I want to watch these guys.

- Kaufusi and Glasgow.  I think one of these guys makes it as a ST guy…

I like Reed better than Pinter overall, and especially at G.

I like Pinter at C though, and think he still needs a bit of time. 

Would love to see him grow into the heir apparent for Kelly.

22 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I want to see the Lions QB get pressured.

We'll only see Blough and Boyle. Blough has looked better than Goff though.

Lions' starting OL is pretty good, but their depth is meh. Not sure what DEs will play, but we should get pressure. 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Sort of off topic, but do the sideline interviews while the game is going on annoy anyone else?

I like Laura Overton, but I’d rather see the game.  

I like her too but i liked Caroline Cann a little better and i see that she moved back to indy and is married to one of the coaches.  I wonder if they would take her back after she spurned them for the panthers.

19 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

1. Julien Davenport solidfy his role as LT

2. Patmon & Strachan getting targets.

3. Tevi to show some life at T

4. Glasgow vs. Kaufusi ST/LB

5. Some one new to step up big from the secondary.

I think JD already has from what we've been hearing.

Strachan has been out I think, but given the starters won't be playing, if he's in, I'm sure Strachan and Patmon will be rotating at X, and maybe we'll get to see some 2-big-looks like the previous game.

Tell needs to make some noise if he's gonna make the roster. 

Tevi just needs to be cut lol... 

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Sort of off topic, but do the sideline interviews while the game is going on annoy anyone else?

I like Laura Overton, but I’d rather see the game.  

Some players are better than others, I think Laura does a decent job but some guys are not very well spoken or interesting.  I liked hearing from Kwity the other day, Andrew luck of all people was kind of boring 

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Where can a person watch the game?   It's not on in the Fort Wayne area.

hmm... I'd wager it is and the tv guide function is spreading disinformation? Not sure otherwise.. 

Also there's the Antenna Guy on youtube describing some app that's for local broadcast and using a geolocation plug-in to tell the app you're in Indy.. I haven't tried this, but I suspect it'd work for anyone who wants to try it

51 minutes ago, Myles said:

Thanks.    The Fox 55 website may just have not updates their programming. 

https://www.wfft.com/about-us/tv-schedule/

Good Luck. I'll be streaming. NFL Network has the replay at 4:30am (in the case 55 doesn't) if you have the channel. I'm DVRing it so I can rewatch if I feel like it. I hate streaming and not having the pause/rewind functionality.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Good Luck. I'll be streaming. NFL Network has the replay at 4:30am (in the case 55 doesn't) if you have the channel. I'm DVRing it so I can rewatch if I feel like it. I hate streaming and not having the pause/rewind functionality.

Along with the Colts game 8 am DVRing a CFL game a 2 HS games(1 in Georgia and 1 in California 

I have every Colts, Chiefs, CFL and WNBA game auto tuned 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I live in Fort Wayne. All the preseason games are on the local fox channel.

Here in the Pocket they are on either the ABC or CW stations

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I live in Fort Wayne. All the preseason games are on the local fox channel.

I'm feeling good about it being on now, thanks.  

Where-abouts in Fort Wayne?    I'm a little south of there.  I'm in Decatur, IN.  

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Along with the Colts game 8 am DVRing a CFL game a 2 HS games(1 in Georgia and 1 in California 

I have every Colts, Chiefs, CFL and WNBA game auto tuned 

Here in the Pocket they are on either the ABC or CW stations

I'll be streaming both the Colts and my HS team tonight (same time). Hope my internet doesn't have a hiccup. 

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm feeling good about it being on now, thanks.  

Where-abouts in Fort Wayne?    I'm a little south of there.  I'm in Decatur, IN.  

I am on the northwest side. Off of tonkel rd.

I emailed fox before the first preseason game and they told me all three would be on. Hopefully they didn’t change their mind. I pretty sure the program guide just wasn’t updated.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think JD already has from what we've been hearing.

Strachan has been out I think, but given the starters won't be playing, if he's in, I'm sure Strachan and Patmon will be rotating at X, and maybe we'll get to see some 2-big-looks like the previous game.

Tell needs to make some noise if he's gonna make the roster. 

Tevi just needs to be cut lol... 

As much as I want to see Tevi cut, he will ride the bench till Fisher is back. 

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am on the northwest side. Off of tonkel rd.

I emailed fox before the first preseason game and they told me all three would be on. Hopefully they didn’t change their mind. I pretty sure the program guide just wasn’t updated.

If they didn’t show it at all the would be breaking their contract with the Colts Network 

Unless I am mistaken WFFT and WEHT/WTVW are both owned/run by NEXSTAR and it is on down here

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If they didn’t show it at all the would be breaking their contract with the Colts Network 

Unless I am mistaken WFFT and WEHT/WTVW are both owned/run by NEXSTAR and it is on down here

After doing some research WFFT is not owned by Nexstar but Allen Studios which owns WEVV/WEEV the CBS/Fox/MyNetwork affiliates 

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

After doing some research WFFT is not owned by Nexstar but Allen Studios which owns WEVV/WEEV the CBS/Fox/MyNetwork affiliates 

We get all the Bears preseason games too. Those are on a different local channel. Where I am at there are probably just as many Bear fans as colt fans. Maybe even a little more Bear fans.

18 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

As much as I want to see Tevi cut, he will ride the bench till Fisher is back. 

The only bench he should be riding is the one in the Greyhound waiting room.

His best scenario (and I'm not wishing injury on any player) is to be put on IR and released with an injury settlement.

Archived