Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting nugget on why colts didn’t pursue Stafford

Restinpeacesweetchloe

39 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Definitely I do believe Wentz will be better than stafford

For your consideration….

Wentz can have a very good year (which I expect) and Stafford might still have an even better one. 

We’ve got a great running game, the Rams do not.  Stafford will be throwing more.   The Rams have better receiving weapons than the Colts.   And as much as I love Frank Reich, the Rams have Sean McVay, one of the brightest young minds in football today.     

For those reasons, I expect Stafford to have a slightly better year than Wentz. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Replace those last two with Howie Roseman and I think you got it. I remember when the eagles were searching for a new HC they said they wanted a young coach who didn't want any roster control because Roseman was gonna keep that.

It makes sense he isn't as likable or trusted between the fallout with Pederson, Wentz, Ertz, and those being the ones we know about there has been alot of contention with the Eagles Front Office. 

It seems like Roseman, Wentz and Pederson had a three-way fallout. I think Ertz just wants to get paid.  

But yeah, Sirianni is going to be a yes-man. But if you are him, you absolutely take that gig. There is enough talent on that offense to be successful on that side of the ball. And if Hurts looks like a legit NFL QB under your tutelage, that's on your resume forever, regardless if you end up a sacrificial lamb after this season or next.

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For your consideration….

Wentz can have a very good year (which I expect) and Stafford might still have an even better one. 

We’ve got a great running game, the Rams do not.  Stafford will be throwing more.   The Rams have better receiving weapons than the Colts.   And as much as I love Frank Reich, the Rams have Sean McVay, one of the brightest young minds in football today.     

For those reasons, I expect Stafford to have a slightly better year than Wentz. 

The LAR were #4 in rush offense DVOA last year. They even rushed for more yards than the Colts.

Losing Akers hurts them, but they brought in Michel, who is more than capable RB1b for them. They don't have the same level of talent after the Akers injury, but with McVay, they could definitely have a very good run game (with their OL and passing offense). 

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

The LAR were #4 in rush offense DVOA last year. They even rushed for more yards than the Colts.

Losing Akers hurts them, but they brought in Michel, who is more than capable RB1b for them. They don't have the same level of talent after the Akers injury, but with McVay, they could definitely have a very good run game (with their OL and passing offense). 

Thanks.   Appreciate the correction.

That’s very good info.          :thmup:

Archived