Bubble Fun: Offense Roster Poll

EastStreet

Bubble Fun: Offense Roster Poll  

78 members have voted

1. 1. RB situation - pick the situation you think is most likely

• Colts keep 4 - Taylor, Mack, Hines, and Wilkins
    • Colts keep 4 - Taylor, Mack, Hines, and LeMay
    • Colts keep 3 - Taylor, Mack, and Hines
  2. 2. WR situation - Pick the situation you think is most likely (assume Hilton, Pittman, Campbell, Pascal, and Strachan are locks)

• Colts keep 6, and Patmon gets the last spot
    • Colts keep 6, and Dulin gets the last spot
    • Colts keep 6, and Harris gets the last spot
    • Colts keep 7, and Patmon and Dulin get the last spots
    • Colts keep 7, and Patmon and Harris get the last spots
    • Colts keep 7, and Harris and Dulin get the last spots
  3. 3. OL: Pick 5. Assume we keep 9, and Fisher is IR with return designation. Nelson, Kelly, Glow, Smith are locks.

• Holden (currently #1 LT on depth chart)
    • Tevi (#2 LT)
    • Reed (#2 LG)
    • Pinter (#2 C, but in a boot)
    • Hunt (#3 C)
    • Elderkamp (#2 RG)
    • Fries (#3 RG)
    • Davenport (#2 RT, but played a lot of LT last game)
    • O'Donnell (#3 RT)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2021 at 03:00 AM

Given we have 3 great RBs that seem healthy, I'm going with keeping 3 RBs (Taylor, Mack, Hines), and keeping 7 WRs (Patmon/Dulin). I also believe LeMay is very capable, and very likely to make it to the PS.

OL is tough. I could see us easily keeping 10. 

I chose Reed Holden, and Davenport who are no brainers IMO, Pinter who is hobbled, and Hunt just because are #1 and #2 OCs are banged up.

I could see us easily keeping Elderkamp instead of Hunt. I think Hunt can play G though too. Having Q, Kelly, and Pinter banged up at the same time stresses things... And that's on top of LT issues..

Wilkins has had such a good YPA running the ball I think he stays over LeMay. I like LeMay but you can’t keep everyone. 

6 with Patmon because if we keep 4 RB it will be harder to keep 7 WR. That’s my thinking anyways. 

Davenport has gotten some hype around him I know no other OL have, lol (besides starting 4 locks). Just a gut instinct really given what I’ve heard. 

The more and more I kick things around in my crazy brain, the more I think we keep Dulin. 

And if we keep Dulin, I think the decision will come down to keeping either a 7th WR or a 4th RB. 

I'd rather keep Patmon and let Wilkins go (or attempt to trade)

Wilkins is in a contract year, he's not a priority to extend, RBs have a low market, and we have 3 great RBs ahead of him. Plus, LeMay seems very capable, and likely makes it to the PS if Wilkins didn't.

28 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The more and more I kick things around in my crazy brain, the more I think we keep Dulin. 

And if we keep Dulin, I think the decision will come down to keeping either a 7th WR or a 4th RB. 

I'd rather keep Patmon and let Wilkins go (or attempt to trade)

Wilkins is in a contract year, he's not a priority to extend, RBs have a low market, and we have 3 great RBs ahead of him. Plus, LeMay seems very capable, and likely makes it to the PS if Wilkins didn't.

I think Dulin is gonna be the “tough” cut for Frank from the WR group.  Patmon is just balling out too much right now to get cut.  Bowen said he caught 3 passes from Wentz in 7 on 7’s today.  2nd only to Pittman’s 4 as far as receivers went.  Then he said Dez also caught a great deep ball from Ehlinger later (maybe Sam’s deepest pass of camp).  We already know he and Eason have chemistry together from last year’s practice time paying dividends in this year’s preseason. I think that chemistry continues to shine through on Friday and Patmon solidifies his spot on the final 53.

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I think Dulin is gonna be the “tough” cut for Frank from the WR group.  Patmon is just balling out too much right now to get cut.  Bowen said he caught 3 passes from Wentz in 7 on 7’s today.  2nd only to Pittman’s 4 as far as receivers went.  Then he said Dez also caught a great deep ball from Ehlinger later (maybe Sam’s deepest pass of camp).  We already know he and Eason have chemistry together from last year’s practice time paying dividends in this year’s preseason. I think that chemistry continues to shine through on Friday and Patmon solidifies his spot on the final 53.

My issue is not Patmon's talent, it's his stack rank among the Xs. And his STs value to a lesser extent. He's the 3rd X, 4th if you count Pascal as a small X.

Dulin isn't as good offensively as Patmon, but he also is not a target a lot (he's the rub/pick guy). His STs value though is considerable higher than Patmon's, and that matters a lot normally when talking about that last WR spot. 

At this point, I'd keep 7 WRs (keeping both), and only keep 3 RBs...  How many carries is Wilkins really going to get with the other 3 in front of him.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My issue is not Patmon's talent, it's his stack rank among the Xs. And his STs value to a lesser extent. He's the 3rd X, 4th if you count Pascal as a small X.

Dulin isn't as good offensively as Patmon, but he also is not a target a lot (he's the rub/pick guy). His STs value though is considerable higher than Patmon's, and that matters a lot normally when talking about that last WR spot. 

At this point, I'd keep 7 WRs (keeping both), and only keep 3 RBs...  How many carries is Wilkins really going to get with the other 3 in front of him.

Dulin’s special teams abilities are his ace in the hole but I think Patmon can do kickoffs if asked and our 2nd gunner can be a db like Chachere.  Although Patmon did down a punt inside the 10 last game.  So he could possibly play some gunner too?  Plus with the recent injury history of TY, Campbell, Pittman, & Wentz, I think it’s a great idea to keep a receiver who can come in and make catches during the games.  His chemistry with Eason (who’s only another Wentz injury from being QB1) increases his value to me.  I like your idea of 7 wr’s to 3 rb’s but I’m not sure if we can trust Mack’s all the way back just yet. Also, Frank somehow finds a way to push the rb by committee approach (to the detriment of the team too often last year imo).

23 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Dulin’s special teams abilities are his ace in the hole but I think Patmon can do kickoffs if asked and our 2nd gunner can be a db like Chachere.  Although Patmon did down a punt inside the 10 last game.  So he could possibly play some gunner too?

I don't see Patmon as a physical gunner given his frame, but more so because of his rep for not playing physical.

Dulin is pretty fearless.

Plus with the recent injury history of TY, Campbell, Pittman, & Wentz, I think it’s a great idea to keep a receiver who can come in and make catches during the games.  

Unless we're planning to play multiple Xs/bigs at one time, we'd have to be down Pittman and Strachan. Pascal has played plenty of X too. Injuries to TY and Campbell really wouldn't factor to Patmon unless we're willing to play a big at Z or simply play 2 bigs out wide.

His chemistry with Eason (who’s only another Wentz injury from being QB1) increases his value to me.  I like your idea of 7 wr’s to 3 rb’s but I’m not sure if we can trust Mack’s all the way back just yet. Also, Frank somehow finds a way to push the rb by committee approach (to the detriment of the team too often last year imo).

I didn't like the over rotation last year with Hines running a lot, but I'm fine with time share of JT and MM. I just don't want Hines running up the gut on RZ or short yardage situations. We really only saw a heavy 2 man rotation. Wilkins was mostly the late clean up guy.

8 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Man I have more appreciation for Justin Herbert. Having Tevi be his LT last season sheesh.  Really forced myself into thinking he'd work out here yikes. Colts save 2 mil if they cut him.

LA's OL in general just makes me feel sorry for Rivers the last 7-10 years. They were bottom 10 ranked for years and years.

But yes, Herbert played very well given what he had to work with.

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Surprised there's not more love for Reed. He's been pretty good so far with Q out. I know, not many folks pay attention to Gs, especially backup Gs lol

I've been a big fan of the Reed signing since day 1, legit starting NFL Guard who has improved every single season. Heir apparent to Glow after this season IMO. 

28 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I've been a big fan of the Reed signing since day 1, legit starting NFL Guard who has improved every single season. Heir apparent to Glow after this season IMO. 

Not ready to part ways with Glow just yet. IMO, very underrated, especially in run blocking. Reed is a great depth piece, but I'd prefer to have Glow and Reed. I think Glow has a couple years left in him. Also not sure how Reed would work out on the right side. He was a LT in college, and LG for Carolina. I remember reading a good article on him when signed. Talked about the NFL OL coaches he's learned from (3 good ones including one of Indy's old OL coaches).

Archived