Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Would You Do?

Moncrief

Alright lets all imagine that we are NFL Prospects. We are a guaranteed 1st overall pick. This is all before the new CBA rookie wage salary took place. That means were getting a $76million contract over 6 years with an $18million signing bonus.

What would you do with that first paycheck?

This is all influenced by the news of Warren Sapp filing for bankruptcy

Celebrate in Vegas!!!!

Nahhh, I'd probably live well below what normal mega-millionaires live. I see no reason to have ridiculously outlandish houses, cars, yachts, jets, and islands. Just live and let live. Have a respactable house, provide for loved ones, save up, make smart investments, and be extremely unselfish with my money. Basically I would live a very boring life for a mega-millionaire.

Ah, interesting question. Hopefully I'd find a good tax attorney and think long and hard before doing anything with it. Probably getting $10,500,000 or so after taxes off the top of my head (varies by state).

I'd definitely want to give a bit to charity, and help out family and friends that had gotten me to that point in life, plus buy a good (but rationally sized and outfitted) house. Perhaps I'd blow $100,000-$200,000 total on moronic things like cars and toys just for fun.

As long as I didn't lose sight of the key thing, which is to invest at LEAST $5,000,000 (preferably more like $8 or 9 million) in a conservative assortment of stocks, bonds, money market funds, and CDs with the idea that "no matter what happens (injury, complete career failure, etc) I never need to work another day in my life."

There is NO excuse for someone like Sapp to be where he is. A professional athlete just can't spend money as if they are going to earn millions every year for ever. For him to be in this position DESPITE the fact that he has an incredibly high paying job years after retiring just boggles the mind. He clearly has significant assets. I'd love to know what comprises the creditor list that has technically pushed him into the red. Why someone in his position would take on that risk is beyond me. (Unless it's all just a ploy to get his child support cut down).

Buy a house, buy some cars, pay off my parents' home (unless they wanted me to buy them a new house) and probably buy them a car haha. Maybe get some stuff for my friends they've always wanted. After that I'd be pretty conservative.

I'm not sure I'd do anything too radical. All I need is the Internet, a computer, food/water, a small quantity of clothes, and a roof over my head. Of course, I'd give some up to family and certain charities.

if I had to make a greedy list though with all that money, I would have...

1.) Lifetime supply of Jack Link's Sweet & Hot Beef Jerky

2.) Lifetime supply of Mountain Dew

3.) Lifetime gym membership

4.) Pay a Japanese fluent English-speaking hot babe to regularly stand next to my PC and translate Japanese while massaging me.

5.) Pay a midget who's sole purpose is to constantly scratch my dog... and I do mean constantly. My dog would love it.

6.) Give every member on the Colts.com forum a $100 Paypal donation. I'd do more, but it's going towards my midget.

This is something I think about everytime I read of a big lottery winner.

Not that I will ever win the lottery. One has to play in order to have a chance to win.

1. I would pay off all my debts.

2. I would buy a new vehicle. Nothing fancy. Just something to replace my aged car that has been ravished by my dog and squirrels (long story).

3. I would donate some to my favorite charities.

After watching the 20/20 show about how 9 out of 10 (or something like that) lottery winners become bankrupt in a few years, I would then try to be very careful about using any remaining funds friviously. But, it sure would be tempting.

depends if I am single, married and/or a father

If I was single I would go to the best "Gentlemen's Club" and treat my best friends and myself all night.

If I was dating... I most likely would dump her unless she is ungodly hot to begin with. With all that money I never understood why anyone gets married just to give them half when they want out.

I would most likely buy land and build on it. Build a new home for my parents and treat them for all the crap I out them through over the years.

I then after that make sure I have a financial advisor and get everything in order... That would be the first two months of signing the new deal. After that I most likely would stick to my roots and just keep to myself at home with my personal chef and trainer and the ladies that want to be with me (for my money).

If i got that money I would live a normal life. I don't see why people have to live the lifestyle in the amount they make. If I make $150,000 a year, I am still living a $50,000 lifestyle and budget not $150,000.

Of course with that much you could live a bigger style, but not a style that costs all $76 mill.

Buy a secluded cabin in the mountains with one room that is nothing but wall to wall books. Bank half, live off the interest and give the other half away. (Charities, family, friends and things like that.)

haha thats me (love cabins) except swap books for a music studio.

Buy a ranch with elk, mule deer, and antelope. Raise more horses. Buy a huge living quarter trailer and big truck to pull it. Heated Indoor arena with indoor stalls.

Build a big cabin surrounded by pine and aspen trees with a creek running out the back yard. Nice view of some rugged mountains in Montana.

Ya, that sounds like a good start. :)

Alright lets all imagine that we are NFL Prospects. We are a guaranteed 1st overall pick. This is all before the new CBA rookie wage salary took place. That means were getting a $76million contract over 6 years with an $18million signing bonus.

What would you do with that first paycheck?

This is all influenced by the news of Warren Sapp filing for bankruptcy

I would go back to my old high school and write them a check for new helmets, new uniforms, artifical turf and new weight equipment