Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McShay's 2022 First Top 50.....

I don't recall McShay ever doing a top-50 before, but he might have.    But most typically, he does a top-32.

Well, perhaps to start the new college season soon to kick-off,  he's out today with a top-50.     It's a Premium article, so I'm limited in how much can be shared.

But I think it's OK to list his top QB's, of which there are 6, all in the top-32.

Here we go....

1.     Spencer Rattler     Okla     6-1, 205

2.     Sam Howell           NC      6-1, 220

7.    Malik Willis           Liberty   6-1, 215

11.  Kedon Slovis          USC  6-2,  200

19.  Desmond Ridder    Cincy  6-4, 215

31.  Carson Strong      Nevada   6-4, 215

Notes:    The top 3 QB's are all 6-1.    Slovis is listed as 6-2 because that's the schools measurement.   But for what it's worth,  Slovis lists himself as 6-3, 215 on his Wiki page.   Willis started his college career at Auburn, then transferred.     None of these QB's would appear to be great prospects today.    Doesn't mean they won't be in 5-6 months.  In fact, I'd count on it.  I'm only talking how they are viewed right now.    Honestly, I'm surprised that Rattler and Howell are listed as the top-2 prospects of this class.    Wasn't expecting that.  All I'm saying is that none of them have the red hot early buzz of someone like an Andrew Luck.    But all appear to have good potential.    They just need to show it this year.

• Superman changed the title to McShay's 2022 First Top 50.....

Be interesting to see if we have another qb shoot up the draft board. We've seen the last few years( zach wilson, joe burrow) or 1st year starter with an amazing year(kyler murray) not on the initial radar move into the top of the draft. 

With my limited knowledge and time I've spent watching those(at least the ones I've watched - Rattler, Slovis, Howell, Ridder), I don't think this class is particularly close to last year's class. I'd take any of the top 4 QBs from last year ahead of the 4 I've watched here. Rattler has the chance to move up in my views, because he's the one that was showing intriguing arm talent to go along with good athleticism and movement skill, but yeah... not exceptionally intrigued so far.  

1 minute ago, stitches said:

For the purposes of the Colts here are McShay's top ranked OTs:

21. Zion Johnson, OT/G, Boston College

48. Thayer Munford, OT, Ohio State

If McShay is right, this isn't a particularly good OT class either. 

Honestly, my initial sense is this isn’t a very good class overall.    Which may be why we were willing to include our 2022 1st round pick in the Wentz deal.   

Imagine a top 50 with only two highly ranked OTs?    Seems crazy.   Don’t see a top WB ir a great RB or WR.   

Either way, it’s something to keep an eye on. 

Just cross-referenced it with PFF's OT's current ranking:

6. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

28. Darrian Kinnard, OT, Kentucky

40. Jordan McFadden, OT, Clemson

43. Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota 

So... they are adding 4 new names, but the highest ranked in their ranking is Evan Neal and the rest seem to not be no-brainer 1st rounders. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly, my initial sense is this isn’t a very good class overall.    Which may be why we were willing to include our 2022 1st round pick in the Wentz deal.   

Imagine a top 50 with only two highly ranked OTs?    Seems crazy.   Don’t see a top WB ir a great RB or WR.   

Either way, it’s something to keep an eye on. 

It's possible McShay just hasn't watched all the prospects yet in order to rank them - for example PFF adds 4 different names to their top 50 ranking. But even the players they list, only 1 of them seem to be clearcut 1st round talent according to them(Evan Neal, Alabama)... so even they don't seem very high on the OT class. 

28 minutes ago, stitches said:

It's possible McShay just hasn't watched all the prospects yet in order to rank them - for example PFF adds 4 different names to their top 50 ranking. But even the players they list, only 1 of them seem to be clearcut 1st round talent according to them(Evan Neal, Alabama)... so even they don't seem very high on the OT class. 

Was Evan Neal not on McShays list?

If so,  then I think it's because he still has eligibility left after this season.    McShay's top-50 may only be true seniors and not people he's guessing might come out early.

That's the only way that would make any sense to me.

EDIT NOTE:    Neail is NOT on his top-50 list at all.    And it's not just seniors.   It includes top-underclassman as well.     That's got to be a brain cramp.    Neal is a top-10 kid falling out of bed.

Something does not add up.    I'm not a Bama fan, and I know who he is...   6-7, 360?!  Come on!

Thanks for posting NCF

Its tough to align needs and potential draftees at this point

If you look at some of the preseason lists like this it always changes greatly to reality when it comes to the following year

My W.A.G. at this point, is that we will need to keep filling the lines and in no order of need:

OT depth to develop

Interior DL depth to develop

TE depth to develop

CB depth to develop

And..... I hate adding, but if QBs dont work out this year (Im hoping they do)

We may go QB.....  (Of course CW would have to play less than 75% and we miss the playoffs) to get our 1.

19 hours ago, stitches said:

So... they are adding 4 new names, but the highest ranked in their ranking is Evan Neal and the rest seem to not be no-brainer 1st rounders. 

I would be happy with DK

On 8/20/2021 at 4:58 PM, stitches said:

Evan Neal is massive, and very athletic for his size.  As long as he stays healthy and has as good a season as he did last year, he will probably be drafted in the top 5.

On 8/20/2021 at 5:26 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Was Evan Neal not on McShays list?

If so,  then I think it's because he still has eligibility left after this season.    McShay's top-50 may only be true seniors and not people he's guessing might come out early.

That's the only way that would make any sense to me.

EDIT NOTE:    Neail is NOT on his top-50 list at all.    And it's not just seniors.   It includes top-underclassman as well.     That's got to be a brain cramp.    Neal is a top-10 kid falling out of bed.

Something does not add up.    I'm not a Bama fan, and I know who he is...   6-7, 360?!  Come on!

I agree with you it had to be a brain cramp.  No way McShay doesn't know about him.

On 8/21/2021 at 6:40 PM, Cynjin said:

Evan Neal is massive, and very athletic for his size.  As long as he stays healthy and has as good a season as he did last year, he will probably be drafted in the top 5.

I agree with you it had to be a brain cramp.  No way McShay doesn't know about him.

No chance he doesn't. Barring a shockingly bad year, I can't see how he isn't the first tackle off the board. He he declares that is.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:17 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I don't recall McShay ever doing a top-50 before, but he might have.    But most typically, he does a top-32.

Well, perhaps to start the new college season soon to kick-off,  he's out today with a top-50.     It's a Premium article, so I'm limited in how much can be shared.

But I think it's OK to list his top QB's, of which there are 6, all in the top-32.

Here we go....

1.     Spencer Rattler     Okla     6-1, 205

2.     Sam Howell           NC      6-1, 220

7.    Malik Willis           Liberty   6-1, 215

11.  Kedon Slovis          USC  6-2,  200

19.  Desmond Ridder    Cincy  6-4, 215

31.  Carson Strong      Nevada   6-4, 215

Notes:    The top 3 QB's are all 6-1.    Slovis is listed as 6-2 because that's the schools measurement.   But for what it's worth,  Slovis lists himself as 6-3, 215 on his Wiki page.   Willis started his college career at Auburn, then transferred.     None of these QB's would appear to be great prospects today.    Doesn't mean they won't be in 5-6 months.  In fact, I'd count on it.  I'm only talking how they are viewed right now.    Honestly, I'm surprised that Rattler and Howell are listed as the top-2 prospects of this class.    Wasn't expecting that.  All I'm saying is that none of them have the red hot early buzz of someone like an Andrew Luck.    But all appear to have good potential.    They just need to show it this year.

Caught Howell against VA Tech and that performance left a lot to be desired. Quick release and arm looked decent but Tech completely had his number.

28 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Caught Howell against VA Tech and that performance left a lot to be desired. Quick release and arm looked decent but Tech completely had his number.

Yeah….  Haven’t seen the Hilites, but the stories aren’t pretty….  This is a step back for Howell. 

9 hours ago, ColtV said:

Yeah... I just watched Clemson vs Georgia. I had seen DJ Uiagalelei before but never watched him with too critical of an eye. Even last year he didn't look like a 1st rounder to me and he definitely didn't look like one in this game. He's a worse version of Eason from what I saw. Maybe a bit more mobile but worse as a pocket QB IMO. No pocket presence, no anticipation, hard time going through progressions... questionable accuracy. Yikes. Maybe it was just a bad day for him but if he's anything close to what he showed yesterday, I wouldn't want anything to do with him even though he physically he looks like a great prospect.

• 2 months later...

Since we discussed the OTs in this thread before, I'd like to point out that what seemed like somewhat of a bad year for OTs is actually turning around pretty dramatically. Right now there are at least 5-6 candidates to be round 1 OTs and there are several that might go top 10 after showing great improvement this year. 

Here's the current PFF list of top OTs:

https://www.pff.com/draft/big-board?season=2022

5. Evan Neal, Alabama

9. Charles Cross, Mississippi State

11. Ikem Ekwonu, North Carolina State

38. Nicholas Petit-Frere, Ohio State

Mel Kiper adds a few other names in his top 25 too:

5. Evan Neal, Alabama

7. Charles Cross, Mississippi State

9. Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa

17. Nicholas Petit-Frere, Ohio State

25. Daniel Faalele, Minnesota

Seems like there might be options for us to move up to in case we love one of them. 

I wonder what happened to LT Kellen Diesch (Arizona State).  At one point Diesch had a 90.6 PFF grade and was the 10th highest graded run blocker in the nation and 5th among OTs.  He also earned PFF Week 6 TOW award.  However, just seen Draftek dropped him 20 spots on their big board.

On 8/20/2021 at 4:51 PM, stitches said:

For the purposes of the Colts here are McShay's top ranked OTs:

21. Zion Johnson, OT/G, Boston College

48. Thayer Munford, OT, Ohio State

If McShay is right, this isn't a particularly good OT class either. 

Yeah, Fisher is the way for another couple of years, IMO. 2 year deal like Castanzo with drafting one in 2023.

CB and WR, in either order, on Day 2 would be ideal for us. Kyler Gordon is growing on me to be a Round 2 pick for us. Roger McCreary might climb draft boards to possibly not be there in Round 2, IMO. 

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, Fisher is the way for another couple of years, IMO. 2 year deal like Castanzo with drafting one in 2023.

CB and WR, in either order, on Day 2 would be ideal for us. Kyler Gordon is growing on me to be a Round 2 pick for us. Roger McCreary might climb draft boards to possibly not be there in Round 2, IMO. 

Also agree with your assessment of the Colts situation heading into the draft.  Really doesn't appear to be any draft standout LTs to draft in Round 2 and generally not a long-term solution by many teams that late in the draft process.  Fisher is the short-term solution for better or worse. 

Kind of see us going WR in Round 2.  David Bell and Jahan Dotson are my favorite picks.  Depending on Demus' injury I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts target him potentially in Round 4 especially with Reich's' connection to Maryland.  I had Demus in the same group as Bell and Dotson before his injury which would open up other draft options.  Potentially TE McBride to replace Doyle.  DL Travis Jones playing B-gap  or Mathis at 1-tech.  Stewart has been playing well but isn't getting any young and his current contract may make him a cap causality.  The Colts might be wise to put him on the trade block see if we can't get a decent draft pick.  With the Colts history in Round 2 wouldn't be shocked if we drafted another Edge player instead of paying ~4m in cap space to resign.  Three players I like are Sam Williams, Arnold Ebiketie, and Jermaine Johnson.  Two other Edge players am high on that have history of creating turnovers are DeAngelo Malone and Jeffrey Gunter.

Rounds 2-3 is where I think we can acquire one of the following RCBs Coby Bryant or Kyler Gordon.  We clearly have a lot of SS-type players on this team.  Do wish Blackmon a speedy recovery but we definitely need  to add capable backups going forward so am hoping we target FS Trahan in Round 5.  

8 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Also agree with your assessment of the Colts situation heading into the draft.  Really doesn't appear to be any draft standout LTs to draft in Round 2 and generally not a long-term solution by many teams that late in the draft process.  Fisher is the short-term solution for better or worse. 

Kind of see us going WR in Round 2.  David Bell and Jahan Dotson are my favorite picks.  Depending on Demus' injury I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts target him potentially in Round 4 especially with Reich's' connection to Maryland.  I had Demus in the same group as Bell and Dotson before his injury which would open up other draft options.  Potentially TE McBride to replace Doyle.  DL Travis Jones playing B-gap  or Mathis at 1-tech.  Stewart has been playing well but isn't getting any young and his current contract may make him a cap causality.  The Colts might be wise to put him on the trade block see if we can't get a decent draft pick.  With the Colts history in Round 2 wouldn't be shocked if we drafted another Edge player instead of paying ~4m in cap space to resign.  Three players I like are Sam Williams, Arnold Ebiketie, and Jermaine Johnson.  Two other Edge players am high on that have history of creating turnovers are DeAngelo Malone and Jeffrey Gunter.

Rounds 2-3 is where I think we can acquire one of the following RCBs Coby Bryant or Kyler Gordon.  We clearly have a lot of SS-type players on this team.  Do wish Blackmon a speedy recovery but we definitely need  to add capable backups going forward so am hoping we target FS Trahan in Round 5.  

It would be a refreshing change if Ballard decides to invest on a DE in free agency like Emmanuel Ogbah of Miami Dolphins who is doing real well or Dante Fowler Jr. of the Falcons. Both will fit our system real well. Or he may get a veteran presence like Calais Campbell or Brandon Graham as a 1 or 2 year vet presence to help the young pass rushers.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

It would be a refreshing change if Ballard decides to invest on a DE in free agency like Emmanuel Ogbah of Miami Dolphins who is doing real well or Dante Fowler Jr. of the Falcons. Both will fit our system real well. Or he may get a veteran presence like Calais Campbell or Brandon Graham as a 1 or 2 year vet presence to help the young pass rushers.

Yeah….

Ballard has never invested in a free agent DE before. 

If only he had invested in a Justin Houston for $24m.    Or a Denico Autry for $16m.    That would’ve been good. 

But if you’re hoping for a Super expensive guy, I think you’re dreaming.    We have room fir two expensive players.   We will sign Q and Fish.   I’d expect everyone else to be mid-price types or discount types.  Ballard is always looking for a value.   Expensive free agent types rarely bring value. 

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah….

Ballard has never invested in a free agent DE before. 

If only he had invested in a Justin Houston for $24m.    Or a Denico Autry for $16m.    That would’ve been good. 

But if you’re hoping for a Super expensive guy, I think you’re dreaming.    We have room fir two expensive players.   We will sign Q and Fish.   I’d expect everyone else to be mid-price types or discount types.  Ballard is always looking for a value.   Expensive free agent types rarely bring value. 

Curious.  Why would we sign Q a year earlier than we have to.  I think we have the 5th year option available.  We had to sign Smith, Leonard and Hines or they would have hit FA.  We still have control over Q.  Is it because his contract will be more expensive a year year out?  Most likely but he’s a guard not a QB.  I can see the take for a future franchise Quarterback.  That would make more sense to me.  Chances are the cap will go up even more the following year as well.  So I don’t see the rush unless I am wrong on the 5th year option.  That’s why the owners wanted it.  To give them the extra year of control.  Like everyone knows Ballard is always looking for value.  Why rush it?

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Curious.  Why would we sign Q a year earlier than we have to.  I think we have the 5th year option available.  We had to sign Smith, Leonard and Hines or they would have hit FA.  We still have control over Q.  Is it because his contract will be more expensive a year year out?  Most likely but he’s a guard not a QB.  I can see the take for a future franchise Quarterback.  That would make more sense to me.  Chances are the cap will go up even more the following year as well.  So I don’t see the rush unless I am wrong on the 5th year option.  That’s why the owners wanted it.  To give them the extra year of control.  Like everyone knows Ballard is always looking for value.  Why rush it?

Hi, Richard.....     hope you're well.    I've been meaning to write a response to you.    You've been making this argument about not signing Q this coming off-season everywhere you can.   I think I've seen it on at least 3 different threads.    Apologies, but this is going to be a long post.

The problems are many.    Ironically, you answered one of your own questions in this post to me.    Allow me to point it out....

If, as you say,  we had to sign Leonard, Smith and Hines when we did, because otherwise, they would've been free agent this coming off season.   Then the same applies to Q.    We have to sign him this off-season,  because to wait another year would make him a free agent in 2023.     The exact thing you say we wanted to avoid with Nelson, Smith and Hines,  we'd be facing with Q.     That's really not good.

But there are other reasons as well.....  not re-signing Q this past off-season was a gift he gave us.   A complete gift.   You know you can sign players after 3 years from being drafted.    Josh Allen got his new deal before this season,  after 3 years.  Yes, he's a QB.   But Q is a future HoF player.

Fortunately, Q and his agent agreed not to press the issue.   I think they understood how much they were helping us.   But it's impossible to believe Q, and especailly his agent,  would let the Colts off the hook again.    He'd be riskiong the biggest contract of his career with only the 2022 5th year option guaranteed.    That would be it.   His career would be worth just $15m and change.   That's not nearly enough.    He needs new money.  Lots of it with most guaranteed.   I'm sure Q and his agent will let us structure the deal so it has the least financial impact on our 2022 salary cap.    He'd get a modest signing bonus, and then the rest would come in 23, 24 and so on.   We'd probably have to guarantee more than we ordinarily would for an OL.    But it's the cost of doing business with a future HoF player who has done us one favor (not signing this year)  but is not going to do us a second.   No agent,  especially an agent of the caliber representing Q is going to let his client go into his FA year completely unprotected with ZERO new money.    It's simplyi not going to happen.    Even if Q wanted to (which he won't and shouldn't)  his agent should threaten to quit rather than let his client forstall his biggest contract one more year.   If Q got hurt without getting extended,  his value, his worth would plummet.   He'd be worth much less.   No one is going to let that happen.

And if we somehow still refused to do a new deal with him and said we will take it up in the 23 off-season,  I'll tell you what that would mean....    It would mean war.   Seriously.   Q and his agent would say, fine.   You do that, and Q is a complete free agent for sale to the highest bidder.    No home team discount for the Colts.    Hell,  we might not even get favorite team benefit.   He might go elsewhere just to make a point.  Our actions would be completely disrespectful.   It would be a complete disaster for the franchise that says it values character and quality people.   The worst possible message for the locker-room. 

Ballard knows all this.    He's not going to risk upsetting Q.    Way too much downside and way too little upside.    Ballard can do what he needs to do with the money he's going to have.    (Roughly $60m, maybe a little less?)     I hate to be the guy that says we're not going to have lots of fun, expensive new toys under the Free Agent Tree next year,  but we're not.   Q and Fish and a lot of mid-price and discount players.    With value being the goal.

Apologies again for the length of this post.   But there were many points to address.

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hi, Richard.....     hope you're well.    I've been meaning to write a response to you.    You've been making this argument about not signing Q this coming off-season everywhere you can.   I think I've seen it on at least 3 different threads.    Apologies, but this is going to be a long post.

The problems are many.    Ironically, you answered one of your own questions in this post to me.    Allow me to point it out....

If, as you say,  we had to sign Leonard, Smith and Hines when we did, because otherwise, they would've been free agent this coming off season.   Then the same applies to Q.    We have to sign him this off-season,  because to wait another year would make him a free agent in 2023.     The exact thing you say we wanted to avoid with Nelson, Smith and Hines,  we'd be facing with Q.     That's really not good.

But there are other reasons as well.....  not re-signing Q this past off-season was a gift he gave us.   A complete gift.   You know you can sign players after 3 years from being drafted.    Josh Allen got his new deal before this season,  after 3 years.  Yes, he's a QB.   But Q is a future HoF player.

Fortunately, Q and his agent agreed not to press the issue.   I think they understood how much they were helping us.   But it's impossible to believe Q, and especailly his agent,  would let the Colts off the hook again.    He'd be riskiong the biggest contract of his career with only the 2022 5th year option guaranteed.    That would be it.   His career would be worth just $15m and change.   That's not nearly enough.    He needs new money.  Lots of it with most guaranteed.   I'm sure Q and his agent will let us structure the deal so it has the least financial impact on our 2022 salary cap.    He'd get a modest signing bonus, and then the rest would come in 23, 24 and so on.   We'd probably have to guarantee more than we ordinarily would for an OL.    But it's the cost of doing business with a future HoF player who has done us one favor (not signing this year)  but is not going to do us a second.   No agent,  especially an agent of the caliber representing Q is going to let his client go into his FA year completely unprotected with ZERO new money.    It's simplyi not going to happen.    Even if Q wanted to (which he won't and shouldn't)  his agent should threaten to quit rather than let his client forstall his biggest contract one more year.   If Q got hurt without getting extended,  his value, his worth would plummet.   He'd be worth much less.   No one is going to let that happen.

And if we somehow still refused to do a new deal with him and said we will take it up in the 23 off-season,  I'll tell you what that would mean....    It would mean war.   Seriously.   Q and his agent would say, fine.   You do that, and Q is a complete free agent for sale to the highest bidder.    No home team discount for the Colts.    Hell,  we might not even get favorite team benefit.   He might go elsewhere just to make a point.  Our actions would be completely disrespectful.   It would be a complete disaster for the franchise that says it values character and quality people.   The worst possible message for the locker-room. 

Ballard knows all this.    He's not going to risk upsetting Q.    Way too much downside and way too little upside.    Ballard can do what he needs to do with the money he's going to have.    (Roughly $60m, maybe a little less?)     I hate to be the guy that says we're not going to have lots of fun, expensive new toys under the Free Agent Tree next year,  but we're not.   Q and Fish and a lot of mid-price and discount players.    With value being the goal.

Apologies again for the length of this post.   But there were many points to address.

I guess I must have missed all of the reports stating that Q and his agent decided to do the Colts a favor and told them to not worry about resigning him to an extension after three years.  That’s quite generous of them knowing a serious injury could jeopardize his career at any moment but they were completely fine with that.  Sorry that makes no sense.  A charitable agent?  I don’t think so.  Q is a future HOF no doubt.  But he’s not a QB and he wasn’t going to get a new contract early.  The Colts had higher priorities this year.  Leonard,Hines and Smith.  The Colts are in the drivers seat here not Q.  Players go into their 5th option all the time.  Certainly players get contracts earlier but they are star offensive or defensive players. 15m and change is pretty good for a guard.  He will get his new contract no doubt.  But there is no need to do it now.  That’s what the 5th year option is for. The agents know that too.  They know it’s a business.  The players know its a business.  No hard feelings.  His turn will come up soon enough.  He should understand that.  Don’t forget he has developed back issues and has missed games this year for the first time.  That in itself would slow down my interest in extending him early.  So if Ballard decides to extend him early so be it.  But for me I don’t see the need.  I would use the money elsewhere and extend him the following year.  JMO 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I guess I must have missed all of the reports stating that Q and his agent decided to do the Colts a favor and told them to not worry about resigning him to an extension after three years.  That’s quite generous of them knowing a serious injury could jeopardize his career at any moment but they were completely fine with that.  Sorry that makes no sense.  A charitable agent?  I don’t think so.  Q is a future HOF no doubt.  But he’s not a QB and he wasn’t going to get a new contract early.  The Colts had higher priorities this year.  Leonard,Hines and Smith.  The Colts are in the drivers seat here not Q.  Players go into their 5th option all the time.  Certainly players get contracts earlier but they are star offensive or defensive players. 15m and change is pretty good for a guard.  He will get his new contract no doubt.  But there is no need to do it now.  That’s what the 5th year option is for. The agents know that too.  They know it’s a business.  The players know its a business.  No hard feelings.  His turn will come up soon enough.  He should understand that.  Don’t forget he has developed back issues and has missed games this year for the first time.  That in itself would slow down my interest in extending him early.  So if Ballard decides to extend him early so be it.  But for me I don’t see the need.  I would use the money elsewhere and extend him the following year.  JMO 

You literally just contradicted yourself.  I even pointed it out and you still pretend like you didn’t. 

You said we had to do it for Leonard, Smith, and Hines.    Otherwise they’d be free agents after their 4th year.   We didn’t want that. 

So now you’re saying it’s fine to screw an even better player in Nelson and let him finish his 5th year without a new contract.   That it’s just business.   THAT makes zero sense. 

Oh, and the players who finish 5 years of their rookie contract without a new deal are NOT great players.   They’re ok players.   Not critical if the team brings them or not.  That’s not Quenton Nelson.   Great players get PAID.  Period.   Great players are protected from possible catastrophic injury.  That’s what good agents do.   That’s business. 

As for your sarcasm….  If you think for a split  second we didn’t clear with Q and his agent what we were doing and why we were doing it,  then you don’t know football or Chris Ballard.    

This is your latest fantasy.   It makes sense to you, so you’ll fight to the death your position even though you’re doing a 180 on your logic.

Archived