Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A few recently released that might be worth a look at.

WR Antonio Callaway-Chief's: Troubled person, but a fantastic player. Had issues at Florida, went to the Browns and had some issues too. If his head is on right he's a 1st round talent.

TE Isaac Nauta- Green Bay- Former 5 star player at Georgia. Talented TE, just never caught on in the NFL.

LB Noah Spence - New Orleans- Good pass rushing LB. Looked like a beast coming out of college, then just faded.

WR John Franklin III- Tampa Bay- With all of Tampa's WR's someone had to get cut. This is a slash type of WR. Former QB who converted. Fast, very fast player running around a 4.3.

I think it will be really tough for the Colts to find a spot for outside FAs from cuts, this year.

We have built our depth well

I would however, say that after one preseason game, our depth at LT and RT is still lacking

The main backups were regularly getting pushed back into the backfield by 2nd stringers

If we get everyone healthy, we will be ok with starters, but I would not go into the season without adding at least 1 more backup LT

I was also disappointed a bit with Turay,

He was playing against a backup, and he was not getting pressure

That doesnt bode well, IMHO

I hope Dayo gets healthy quick 

Seen the Texans just released LT Roderick Johnson whom I was high on at the end of  last season as a potential FA acquisition.  Still like to see the Colts pursue him on a cheap deal especially with big questions at LT and lack of production from last pre-season game/scrimmages to-date.

On 8/18/2021 at 8:19 AM, MikeCurtis said:

I think it will be really tough for the Colts to find a spot for outside FAs from cuts, this year.

We have built our depth well

I would however, say that after one preseason game, our depth at LT and RT is still lacking

The main backups were regularly getting pushed back into the backfield by 2nd stringers

If we get everyone healthy, we will be ok with starters, but I would not go into the season without adding at least 1 more backup LT

I was also disappointed a bit with Turay,

He was playing against a backup, and he was not getting pressure

That doesnt bode well, IMHO

I hope Dayo gets healthy quick 

I agree with your assessment of our backup LT situation.  I just suggested a trade in another thread of Patmon to the Eagles for LT Andre Dillard.  He is supposedly on the block and I think he is probably better than any of our current backup tackles with more upside.  I think Ballard will have a chance to make few trades at final cutdown.  JMO.  

On 8/18/2021 at 12:34 AM, ColtJax said:

WR Antonio Callaway-Chief's: Troubled person, but a fantastic player. Had issues at Florida, went to the Browns and had some issues too. If his head is on right he's a 1st round talent.

TE Isaac Nauta- Green Bay- Former 5 star player at Georgia. Talented TE, just never caught on in the NFL.

LB Noah Spence - New Orleans- Good pass rushing LB. Looked like a beast coming out of college, then just faded.

WR John Franklin III- Tampa Bay- With all of Tampa's WR's someone had to get cut. This is a slash type of WR. Former QB who converted. Fast, very fast player running around a 4.3.

Is Spence healthy? I know he's had injury issues the last 2 years

10 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I know myself and a lot of members really looked for the Colts to grab Noah Spence during the draft. I haven't followed him since, though. Has he really been that bad?

It has. No games last year, 7 games in 2019. Only full season was his rookie year, 2016. Moot point now, Cincinnati just signed him. 

Absolutely no room for any WRs. And you won't find even minimally talented LTs available until after the cut down to 53. Plus, with Davenport's ascending play, I don't see the need any longer for a backup OT.  I expect the Colts to stay put with the 53 best players currently on their roster unless a really solid TE  or S prospect gets cut loose. 

Archived