Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 16 (8/18)


Wentzszn
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Is there seriously someone here who don't want that?

 

Yea to varying degrees. Also see the point being made above about the media dialing back on some of their preferences. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Colts media awfully quite compared to earlier in camp when Sam was making amazing plays lol.

Really? Bring out your tinfoil hats everyone! Come on...

 

Maybe the Colts got a lot of coverage because there was an interesting competition between two young QBs. Right now Eason has it. Less of a competition, less coverage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Eason has probably won the job so starting Sam will just rule him out. But if he plays well then you have a problem.  

 

 

I hope they both shine brightly. We NEED good backups

 

I also hope they dont see the field, when Wentz is healthy

 

May the best man win the backup spot 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

 

Yea to varying degrees. Also see the point being made above about the media dialing back on some of their preferences. 

 

You have to pretty darn petty to hope someone won't ball out for your team...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Really? Bring out your tinfoil hats everyone! Come on...

 

Maybe it's because there was an interesting competition between two young QBs there was a lot of coverage. Right now Eason has it. Less of a competition, less coverage.


Ok I’ve been watching the competition closely. Funny how you left out Sam was going against 2s while Eason was going against 1s. Look what happened ever since they both got starting reps. lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Solid84 said:

You have to pretty darn petty to hope someone won't ball out for your team...

Yeah, I don't disagree, but that doesn't mean people don't have their preferences and tend to stick to their guns.. 

 

Those people are more interested in seeing Wentz and are confident he's got it. I get it on a level. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think there's a real shot that before long, Eason is going to show more than Wentz. I don't think people really get what Wentz at least at the same rate some are overvaluing the upside of Eason.

 

  The line for those that said can Reich fix Wentz is Sooo Loooooooong!
 I have no doubt he can. But it is a fair concern at this stage and can Wentz fix his considerable strip sack issue, and stay healthy. If not, he would be vulnerable compared to someone that is very similar for 1/10th the $$$.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is a good example of the media bias. This is basically Jim’s only tweet. Not one about how bad Sams day has been.

 

 

Great example of bias.   No mention of Sam’s struggles today.  Ridiculous.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:


Ok I’ve been watching the competition closely. Funny how you left out Sam was going against 2s while Eason was going against 1s. Look what happened ever since they both got starting reps. lol.

Actually….  Jacob was going against the 2’s and Sam was going against the 3’s.

 

I don’t think Carolina started a single first string defensive player.   

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 He has a lot of time to get that impregnated into his mental clock, along with a many dozens of other thoughts. 

This is a family friendly site, sir.  Let's not be crude.  lol.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As stated many times over it also has to do with who is back for our O Line, we assumes Q will be and Fisher is 50/50. If both a perfect scenario O line is stout for the opening of the season and if favors Eason if only Q back line weak at LT and Sam's mobility players a bigger role if both Q and Fisher out O line in peril heavy Sam edge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually….  Jacob was going against the 2’s and Sam was going against the 3’s.

 

I don’t think Carolina started a single first string defensive player.   

 

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

I not sure which post exactly you're referring to but Eason hasn't gone against 1s outside of practice. The Panthers didn't start the 1st team defense?


I’m obviously referencing practice and ever since both have shared 1st team reps Eason has been better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

As stated many times over it also has to do with who is back for our O Line, we assumes Q will be and Fisher is 50/50. If both a perfect scenario O line is stout for the opening of the season and if favors Eason if only Q back line weak at LT and Sam's mobility players a bigger role if both Q and Fisher out O line in peril heavy Sam edge.

I definitely wouldn't not a big fan of Sam

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

  The line for those that said can Reich fix Wentz is Sooo Loooooooong!
 I have no doubt he can. But it is a fair concern at this stage and Wentz fix his considerable strip sack issue, and stay healthy. If not, he would be vulnerable compared to someone that is very similar for 1/10th the $$$.

 

Even with PHI eating part of that Wentz deal, Eason is like 1/20th the pay of Wentz. 

 

But they already took that money on for two years, so if Wentz is healthy, I don't see an unproven Eason as a true threat. It would have to be a huge sample size of Eason playing well for that to happen. And that would mean Wentz likely got hurt again and probably wouldn't be in their plans anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Keep in mind that this was against our OTs that looked atrocious on Sunday.

I think oline and dline are two things you dont learn much about in practice or even preseason games.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

 


I’m obviously referencing practice and ever since both have shared 1st team reps Eason has been better. 

Eason is clearly in the lead right now, I'm not petty and have no problem admitting that at all. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not ever going to root against one of our guys doing well. 

 

That said, I don't have to point out everytime Eason DOES do well. We have 3-5 guys on this forum, clearly driving the narrative, who are on Team Eason. We get all the Eason info we need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wentzszn said:

I think oline and dline are two things you dont learn much about in practice or even preseason games.

I dont know about that we quickly learned Tevi was as bad as well all feared......think we have all seen enough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

I dont know about that we quickly learned Tevi was as bad as well all feared......think we have all seen enough

He hasn’t played a real game. Keep in mind the preseason games are vanilla and they aren’t doing anything to help the tackle. They will do that in real games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We could also be looking at the QB of the Colts future and his backup of the future, so following their progress doesn't stop when Wentz returns.

 

Wentz's contract is basically a two year deal for us...three years would be better cap wise, and then Ballard could have a decision.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

 


They are working backwards as far as where he needs to be each week to play week 1. Just by listening to Reich, I’m thinking Wentz will need to be a full-go by Friday, 9/3 to play in that first game. I think it happens.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

So they gave Sam more reps after he missed practice yesterday. Seems Eason is earning that job. 
 

 

My thoughts on why Sam got more reps today:

 

1. He missed practice yesterday, so got a few more reps today to make up for the absence.

2. As far as we know, based on comments from last week, Sam is slated to start this week and needs the reps in order to be ready.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Flash7 said:

My thoughts on why Sam got more reps today:

 

1. He missed practice yesterday, so got a few more reps today to make up for the absence.

2. As far as we know, based on comments from last week, Sam is slated to start this week and needs the reps in order to be ready.

Well they didn’t give Eason more reps before the Carolina game. Probably because they learned aloe about Eason yesterday and just wanted to see what Sam had today.

Lol

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...