Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Ranked #3

TheBlueAndWhite

On 8/18/2021 at 8:02 AM, Smonroe said:

Facts - we lost our two best pass rushers.  We lost Walker.  

Opinion - we think our rookie(s), Tyquan, Turay, etal, will at least equal their production.  We love Bobby and think Zaire will be a decent LB.  Also hoping Speed will continue to develop.  DBs remain pretty much the same.

Top 3?  Possibly.  D had a couple bad games last year when key players were out (Tenn & Pitt).  Are we any better at backups at those spots?

Tougher schedule than last year. 

I’ll take top 10 if the O is as good as we think it can be.  

As far as schedule is concerned, tougher, but not by much. Ranked 30th last year, 28th this year. Tough start, but we coast after that except for Tampa Bay and Buffalo late Nov. A bit of the opposite compared to last year. 

I'd expand on your facts/opinions, and add hopes...

Hopes.....

• We hope Oke can handle the extra workload, look a lot better vs the run, and grade out a lot better than last year.... 
  • We hope Leonard looks better vs the pass this year, as his pass D has declined year over year. 
  • We hope Blackmon improves his coverage, and is better than than his second half collapse.
  • We hope our rookie DE (Paye) and other guys who were never starters, are capable replacements of our two starters last year.
  • We hope RYS or Carrie steps up at CB2. 

A lot of "hope" around DE1, DE2, MIKE, CB2, and FS.

And I'm praying none of our key guys like Defo, Leonard, Rhodes, or Moore, get injured. Could be ugly.

14 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I know I ask the sa0e question. Ballard wouldn't like me. 1st ting I would do is scrap this defensive philosophy and Eberflus

Do you know whose defensive philosophy we play?    

Chris Ballard’s.  

Ballard found Flus years ago.   Loves him. 

Im sorry, you were saying? 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do you know whose defensive philosophy we play?    

Chris Ballard’s.  

Ballard found Flus years ago.   Loves him. 

Im sorry, you were saying? 

He based his defense on the Seattle style. It's  antiquated a d u need a ton of talent to run it that thr Colts do not have. He may love Flus all he wants. Thr results are not there

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He based his defense on the Seattle style. It's  antiquated a d u need a ton of talent to run it that thr Colts do not have. He may love Flus all he wants. Thr results are not there

The results?

Hes just built the Damn defense.   Why you think the results were supposed to be great these past few years us a mystery only you know.    

Even next years defense will be better than this year.   

Find me someone other than you who says it’s antiquated?    Otherwise….  

You haven’t by any chance noticed the fact that almost no one here makes the arguments that you do?   

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Where are you seeing he based his defense on Seattle?

Archived