Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Replay of Fumble?

TigerColt

8 minutes ago, cjrichard said:

I still don’t understand the explanation of the Panther fumble and Colts recovery. They said the colts player was out of bounds?  Replay was clear that he was not. Why have replay if they get it right?

Joseph

Pretty sure they kept the call on the field because by the time a clear recovery happened the whistle had already blew. That female ref made several bad calls, this being one of them.

I thought the same thing when they showed just the sideline view. if you watch the entire replay he runsdown the sideline and bats the ball toward the center of the field. He then steps out of bounds, running after the ball. From that point he is then the first to touch the ball again. I don't know if that consitutes a foul as he ran 20 yards after he stepped out but that is all I can figure if that does indeed constitute a foul.

They originally said he touched the ball AFTER going out of bounds. That was not correct.

However.

WHEN the defender touched the ball, the ball was on the white “chalk” of the out of bounds line. The ball becomes part of the person at thy point, so he was out of bounds when he touched it.

I was at the game and the call was complete trash… what had confused me however is when they initially showed a replay of it (before the challenge) it was pretty clear that he nor the ball was out of bounds, and then when there was a challenge that angle wasn’t show again.

1 minute ago, twfish said:

I was at the game and the call was complete trash… what had confused me however is when they initially showed a replay of it (before the challenge) it was pretty clear that he nor the ball was out of bounds, and then when there was a challenge that angle wasn’t show again.

I have to say I was impressed with how into the game the fans were for a pre-season game.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I have to say I was impressed with how into the game the fans were for a pre-season game.

I was impressed by how many people were there honestly. First year as a STH so I wasn’t going to miss out on it but I doubt I would have gone in years past lol

7 hours ago, twfish said:

I was impressed by how many people were there honestly. First year as a STH so I wasn’t going to miss out on it but I doubt I would have gone in years past lol

Watched the game on NFL Network, and it was loud. Pretty impressive considering it was a preseason game. 

10 hours ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

I beleive after he tipped the ball to keep in bounds, he then stepped out of bounds and was the first player to touch the ball again. Not sure this changes what it should have been called( not sure of the rules on that)

Yes, this is exactly what happened... he was in before tipping it in... he tipped it in... stepped out... then was the first to touch it again. 

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yes, this is exactly what happened... he was in before tipping it in... he tipped it in... stepped out... then was the first to touch it again. 

that is exactly what I've been thinking, but I swear I thought the ball hit a pile of people on the field before our guy recovered... I will be looking for a better replay.

meh:  Colts Won

On 8/16/2021 at 5:01 AM, stitches said:

It doesn't take more then a few steps to be reestablished in the play. By the time he touched the ball again he was already around 10 yards downfield. That was not why IMO.

8 minutes ago, life long said:

It doesn't take more then a few steps to be reestablished in the play. By the time he touched the ball again he was already around 10 yards downfield. That was not why IMO.

You can't step out of bounds and then be the first player to touch the ball.   Reestablishing has nothing to do with this play

On 8/15/2021 at 9:06 PM, bravo4460 said:

They originally said he touched the ball AFTER going out of bounds. That was not correct.

However.

WHEN the defender touched the ball, the ball was on the white “chalk” of the out of bounds line. The ball becomes part of the person at thy point, so he was out of bounds when he touched it.

Yeah, that’s what I got out of it too.  They said the BALL touched the white line, not the player.  Looked close though - I couldn’t tell whether it touched the line…

Archived