Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Warren Sapp files for bankruptcy.

ReMeDy

It absolutely baffles me how all these athletes end up going broke. How incredibly stupid does one have to be to squander away millions of dollars? There is no way I can feel sorry for these i-d-i-o-t-s. Give me a million tax free dollars and I could live the rest of my life comfortably with absolutely no problem financially ever again. This kind of nonsense makes me sick.

Greed. It's a condition of a desire for excess.

I have no idea what drives people to extend themselves so far away from their means. Especially when their means are to the tune of tens of millions of dollars.

You and me both, buddy.

When I protested the biweekly visitation arrangement handed down to me by the sneering judge, I was told by her that I was "A typical selfish man that is more concerned with getting back at your ex than what is best for your child".

I just wanted joint custody. I didn't say anything about my Ex-wife's drugs abuse, the alcoholism or the fact that her live-in boyfriend had been convicted of multiple felonies and just got out of state prison for beating his ex-wife and her 14 year old daughter. Nor did I mention the fact that she was on living assistance (free-apartment) while illegally having her boyfriend live with her. You simply don't here-say unless you can back it up when you stand in family court. They won't hear it.

I did, however, bring this up at my second hearing. Backed by a stack of police reports, prison records, documentation that she had been caught committing welfare fraud and documentation of 14 separate incidents in 12 months involving the police at my ex-wife's address.

What did this esteemed family court magistrate do with this information?

"This is irrelevant and has no bearing on your visitation with your daughter". I responded "It is irrelevant that my daughter lives with violent drug addicts that require police mediation every 3 1/2 weeks"?

lol....judge owned? Nope....... "One more word and you're going across the street (to the jail) for contempt".

I wanted to say it so bad, but I knew the consequence wasn't worth it. I wanted to say "If something happens to my little girl I'm holding you accountable, your honor".

As a man, I truly had no voice in that court.

I have been in the exact same position as you Ruk. Family court in the state of Indiana is an absolute joke and the system is so outdated that it should be criminal. Family court judges are just about as worthless as the piles of dog crap sitting in my neighbors yard. I could probably literally go on and on all day long about just how disgusting the family court system is in Indiana(and im sure many other states as well) but it gets my blood boiling to the point that I start having un-natural and im sure, what some would say, psychotic delusions of exactly how I would like to repay those responsible for the ignorant laws in this completely unfair family court system. I probably need to shut up now. :rantoff:

I have been in the exact same position as you Ruk. Family court in the state of Indiana is an absolute joke and the system is so outdated that it should be criminal. Family court judges are just about as worthless as the piles of dog crap sitting in my neighbors yard. I could probably literally go on and on all day long about just how disgusting the family court system is in Indiana(and im sure many other states as well) but it gets my blood boiling to the point that I start having un-natural and im sure, what some would say, psychotic delusions of exactly how I would like to repay those responsible for the ignorant laws in this completely unfair family court system. I probably need to shut up now. :rantoff:

When I hear stories of men freaking and assaulting or killing a judge.....I think to myself "I'm not saying it's right, but I understand".

The mistake these judges make is that they treat men as if they have had property levied, possessions garnered, something material that has been lost at a financial cost. But it is so much more than that. Many of them, due to no fault or transgression of their own, have lost their family, their children and their homes.

Often their child has a "new daddy" before they even get to court. That man may sleep in my bed, under my roof. The raw emotion involved is explosive to say the least.

I came home from work on November 11th, 2001 to find my life robbed, my home empty and my family gone. To stand in front of a judge 6 months later and be told that I'm being selfish, invoked violent fantasy that began to worry me to a point where I no longer trusted my resolve to not act.

Thankfully I've enjoyed a good life since and I had the fortitude to swallow the agony with a respectful disposition.

When I hear stories of men freaking and assaulting or killing a judge.....I think to myself "I'm not saying it's right, but I understand".

The mistake these judges make is that they treat men as if they have had property levied, possessions garnered, something material that has been lost at a financial cost. But it is so much more than that. Many of them, due to no fault or transgression of their own, have lost their family, their children and their homes.

Often their child has a "new daddy" before they even get to court. That man may sleep in my bed, under my roof. The raw emotion involved is explosive to say the least.

I came home from work on November 11th, 2001 to find my life robbed, my home empty and my family gone. To stand in front of a judge 6 months later and be told that I'm being selfish, invoked violent fantasy that began to worry me to a point where I no longer trusted my resolve to not act.

Thankfully I've enjoyed a good life since and I had the fortitude to swallow the agony with a respectful disposition.

Wow, eerily similar to me bro, right down to the date. My life changed in this way on December 5th, 2001. My daughter had just turned 2 yrs. old and I felt like my ability to be her father was taken from me. Honestly, I couldn't have cared less about my ex, but losing my daughter almost sent me over the edge. Luckily, I have been able see my daughter quite a bit in the yrs. since and she has turned into a wonderful kid. I have struggled financially every since then though. I can't even articulate the anger and rage I felt towards the judge(who happened to be a woman, sorry ladies but she was a disaster). There was a yr. or so that some of my family thought for sure I would end up in the looney bin or prison, one, before I was finally able to control the anger that I felt towards the system. Suffice it to say though, that this is still a very touchy topic of conversation for me.

Oh, I was being sincere. Fathers and men overall get absolutely hammered (unfairly) in most family law cases of the day.

I guess I interpreted the Willy Wonka picture to be a jab at my mental stability......or an insinuation that I was not living in reality. I'll still leave it at what I said, though. This is not the venue.

You and me both, buddy.

When I protested the biweekly visitation arrangement handed down to me by the sneering judge, I was told by her that I was "A typical selfish man that is more concerned with getting back at your ex than what is best for your child".

I just wanted joint custody. I didn't say anything about my Ex-wife's drugs abuse, the alcoholism or the fact that her live-in boyfriend had been convicted of multiple felonies and just got out of state prison for beating his ex-wife and her 14 year old daughter. Nor did I mention the fact that she was on living assistance (free-apartment) while illegally having her boyfriend live with her. You simply don't here-say unless you can back it up when you stand in family court. They won't hear it.

I did, however, bring this up at my second hearing. Backed by a stack of police reports, prison records, documentation that she had been caught committing welfare fraud and documentation of 14 separate incidents in 12 months involving the police at my ex-wife's address.

What did this esteemed family court magistrate do with this information?

"This is irrelevant and has no bearing on your visitation with your daughter". I responded "It is irrelevant that my daughter lives with violent drug addicts that require police mediation every 3 1/2 weeks"?

lol....judge owned? Nope....... "One more word and you're going across the street (to the jail) for contempt".

I wanted to say it so bad, but I knew the consequence wasn't worth it. I wanted to say "If something happens to my little girl I'm holding you accountable, your honor".

As a man, I truly had no voice in that court.

Holy smokes...

I've heard stories like this first-hand, and it really does make your head spin.