Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Preseason Game 1: Carolina @ Indianapolis 1pm

w87r

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wentzszn said:

Plus he had one that he got hit a little and it fluttered. To be fair we will need to see him next week to get a good gauge of him.  

He's got the rest of this game. He needs to do what he does well. Underneath, on time and on target.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Not a great start for Sam.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

He tries to throw down field. Pick.

Eason is much closer- fact.

1 minute ago, landrus13 said:

Welp......Not a great throw from Ehlinger

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Oh no Sam, what is you doin?

Just now, krunk said:

Your boy Ehlinber

He got spooked by the amazing protection. He was like... "this can't be real... they are punking me right now... I can't be getting 5 seconds to throw... what the hell... oh well... I guess I should throw it now" :dunno:

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Where was the taunting flag on the Int 

They're cracking down mainly on taunting directed AT individuals no?  Like flexing or giving slightly dirty looks after a play to the guy you just beat....you know, demonstrably exerting or displaying any kind of aggression that could hurt someone's feely square or whatever.....

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He also threw the ball about 4 yards...

What are we doing being so hard on Eason... I really don't get it.

It’s simply that he might be making a couple starts.  If that wasn’t happening, I’d be disinterested in a 4th round pick in pre season personally.  Most late rounds QBs don’t amount to much.

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

It’s simply that he might be making a couple starts.  If that wasn’t happening, I’d be disinterested in a 4th round pick in pre season personally.  Most late rounds QBs don’t amount to much.

He's a 4th, there's 2 guys that jump to top of mind who were drafted there and are paid like they're Joe Montana Units Manning. Dak and Cousins. There's Fitzpatrick starting, he's even lower. Where was Russel Wilson picked up again?

Draft status matters, but once the bullets start flying, it matters less. Eason might end up being much closer to Wentz than I'm thinking some here are clued into.

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Irsay just said he wanted to build our own QB. So if Wentz doesn't work someone's tied to him strong.

Reich. There’s no way Reich wasn’t 1000% all in telling Irsay and Ballard both that he had a better chance to win with him than most other QBs. If Wentz doesn’t work out Frank takes the fall for it as well, IMO. 

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Reich. There’s no way Reich wasn’t 1000% all in telling Irsay and Ballard both that he had a better chance to win with him than most other QBs. If Wentz doesn’t work out Frank takes the fall for it as well, IMO. 

That isn’t what Irsay said. I just saw the exact quote. He never mentioned if Wentz didn’t work out. He said before we got Wentz they talked about what it would take to move up.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

That isn’t what Irsay said. I just saw the exact quote. He never mentioned if Wentz didn’t work out. He said before we got Wentz they talked about what it would take to move up.

Ok great. Doesn’t matter. 

Reich still wasn’t indifferent to the idea of bringing Wentz in. He put his chips down on Wentz, and if he can’t fix him then he doesn’t get a free pass. 

Archived