Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 13-Panthers joint practice (8/12)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Who names their kid Terrace?  What's his mom's name? Foyer?

Or their cousin....Veranda.

48 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

After watching his first interview, I felt like he was just different, that he had this confidence about him, and it's showing up on the field.  I love it!!

I felt the same thing. I'm getting so quietly excited, I feel like giggling. 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

I hate when they don’t break this down by first and second team. 

Looks like Sam is running the offense better and progressing through his reads more quickly and getting rid of the ball.

Eason may be slower in his progressions and holding the ball too long

8 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Looks like Sam is running the offense better and progressing through his reads more quickly and getting rid of the ball.

Maybe but that also tells me Sam is throwing a lot more shorter dink and dunk  passes. I think sams feet help him with our banged up oline. They both had good days.

20 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Maybe... But that's a lot to read into a practice.  Let alone into a few reports on a practice.

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

During the Peyton glory days Edge missed an entire season, Rhodes missed an entire season, Peyton missed an entire season.... WR missed games.... The DL had guys out..... You sound silly.

They had guys out during different seasons. This bunch is all busted up by doing a few practices. And practices today are a whole lot less strenuous than they used to be.

MY DAY AT TRAINING CAMP

• Listening to Dan Dakich being a jerk on the radio on the way there.  Seriously, why do they still employ him?
  • Hot Rod Blankenship out on the field before anyone else, dancing to the music on the loudspeakers.  Because, of course he is.
  • The Entire Universe erupting in cheers when Darius Leonard shows up.
  • Kwity Paye with a boot on.
  • Quenton Nelson with a boot and a mask on.
  • Ryan Kelly with a mask on.
  • Carson Wentz with a mask on.  Isn't this supposed to be a sign of the apocalypse?
  • Kemoko Turay has definitely put on some bulk.  He looks like a legit defensive end.  He makes Kwity Paye look like the Incredible Diminutive Man.  Seriously, Paye looks so small standing next to Turay and Buckner.
  • Michael Pittman dropping two catchable balls in the corner of the endzone from Eason in 1-on-1's.
  • Nyheim Hines muffing a punt, then hurting his leg, both on the same play.  !#$#@!  He came back with his leg wrapped.
  • Michael Strachan looks like <expletive> Harold Carmichael.  A Beast among boys.  And he's the best guy on the field.  He's playing his way into the starting lineup.  He definitely looked better than Pittman before Pittman caught 2 TDs in goal line offense.
  • Tyler Vaughns definitely mixing up with high effort as a special teams gunner.  Doing his best to make this team.
  • E.J. Speed also injured a bit on a play.  Will we have any players left by the end of training camp?
  • I can see why there's a lot of talk about Ehlinger vs Eason.  Ehlinger doesn't have Eason's arm, but the ball usually comes out more quickly and decisively from him.  And there's more positive yardage when he's under center.  He did fumble a center exchange.  But Eason needs to keep stepping it up, or it could be Jake Fromm at Georgia all over again.

I will be back at camp tomorrow, this time watching our defense.

17 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

We have to remember on the Stankevitz reports, dude covered the Bears.... He has no idea what a good offense looks like in a practice session....lol

Hilarious.

Well they have a QB there now, right as Stankevitz left Dodge.

Just now, Shepman said:

One additional thing to add is Sam is a little guy.  If he gets hit by NFL players he may break in half. Looks like a high school senior.

He's bigger than Russell Wilson and Drew Brees and built like a small tank, he'll be fine.

4 minutes ago, Shepman said:

One additional thing to add is Sam is a little guy.  If he gets hit by NFL players he may break in half. Looks like a high school senior.

I saw a picture of him earlier and he has the body of a RB. Man he is muscular. Everyone thought we might use him in a Taysom Hill roll. Which leads to believe maybe we use both if Wentz can’t go.

A long way to go but I have a feeling we might be able to trade a player or two at final cut downs versus out right release.  We appear to be deep at DL for sure.  Maybe find a way to acquire a better LT to shore up that position.  The current group seems below average and I think that’s being kind.  

TRAINING CAMP ADDENDUM

Something I forgot to post:

• Sam Tevi and Julien Davenport both look like left tackles, but neither of them play like left tackles.  Will Holden is the best of the Wannabee's.  But I'm not going to be happy if any of them play significant minutes this season.

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

TRAINING CAMP ADDENDUM

Something I forgot to post:

• Sam Tevi and Julien Davenport both look like left tackles, but neither of them play like left tackles.  Will Holden is the best of the Wannabee's.  But I'm not going to be happy if any of them play significant minutes this season.

Good addendum…,

BUT….

You should brace yourself for the very real possibility that someone out of this group IS going to have to play.   

While Fisher is said to look great for right now, and maybe even ahead of schedule, I don’t think we’re at the point of being confident he’s going to be ready week one.   We’re just not there yet.  Maybe in a month we’ll know a lot more. 

So for now, it feels like Fisher might not miss 4-6 weeks, but he might still miss 2-3 weeks? 

Just saying….  

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

A long way to go but I have a feeling we might be able to trade a player or two at final cut downs versus out right release.  We appear to be deep at DL for sure.  Maybe find a way to acquire a better LT to shore up that position.  The current group seems below average and I think that’s being kind.  

And look who is the first to float the idea of a trade and we haven’t even played a single pre-season game yet.  The trade-happiest poster in our community. 

No surprise.   Par for the course. 

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

I think he said something like his dad was a receiver (not sure what level), but I can't wait for him and preseason!

I stand corrected.  In the interview, he just says his dad played football.  I don't know if it is receiver or not.  His instagram, "mike_playmaker" says it all about this kid's confidence.  Here's to more continued success this camp and in preseason!

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

I think he said something like his dad was a receiver (not sure what level), but I can't wait for him and preseason!

If you’re talking Strachan, I don’t know about his father, but his Uncle is Michael Irvin.  As in, Hall of Famer, Michael Irvin. 

51 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

They had guys out during different seasons. This bunch is all busted up by doing a few practices. And practices today are a whole lot less strenuous than they used to be.

It’s absurd. Im new to the board and I don’t want to ruffle any feathers by being negative  but these injuries are very concerning.

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you’re talking Strachan, I don’t know about his father, but his Uncle is Michael Irvin.  As in, Hall of Famer, Michael Irvin. 

Dont think him and Irvin are related though Irvin is a mentor and has known Strachan's father Jerome who went to BCC while Irivn was at the U.

https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/draft-preview-strachan-has-potential-as-late-round-steal/article_1915fd18-a3c1-11eb-b764-1

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No, that's not true. Irvin has a nephew, Tim Irvin who plays college for Texas. Not Michael Strachan, who is from the Bahamas.

Michael Strachan's dad played WR in college and his brother currently plays WR in college. He doesn't have any other well-known football playing relatives. At least none that he's mentioned to date.

7 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Coltsgirl6124

I always thought that was you, based on pick and secondary screen name

1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

No, that's not true. Irvin has a nephew, Tim Irvin who plays college for Texas. Not Michael Strachan, who is from the Bahamas.

Michael Strachan's dad played WR in college and his brother currently plays WR in college. He doesn't have any other well-known football playing relatives. At least none that he's mentioned to date.

I was just about to post that, with this quote from an article "Jerome Strachan, was a wide receiver at Bethune-Cookman University in Florida."

7 hours ago, twfish said:

Glad to hear it! I just hate that they took away the 1070 am station. 93.5 is hit by a Lafayette station that has better signal. 107.5 gets interferes with some religion channel. I can’t even get good signal of 1070 until the other side of Danville. Used to get the AM station all the way down to terre haute. As someone who moves around the state like I do it’s incredibly unfortunate. If I wanted to stream I would just listen to a podcast instead..

Can you listen to it through there app? That's what I do or just listen to the podcast. 

20 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

It’s absurd. Im new to the board and I don’t want to ruffle any feathers by being negative  but these injuries are very concerning.

No worries.    Nothing wrong with things being concerning.    That's true on a number of issues.

I think where some take issue is the idea that these players are soft.    Or, that players way back in the day were tougher.   I don't think either is true, and I'm 64 and have followed the NFL for roughly 55 years. 

Players are more important than ever.   They're highly paid and trained.   Teams look at them as an investment.   So, players are encouraged to be cautious with their injuries,  even when they're slight.    Back when we were young,  it was tape it up,  rub some dirt on it, and let's go.    Those players typically suffered lousy retirements with all sorts of lingering problems.    No one wants that anymore.    Not the NFL.    And not the players.

19 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Irvin isn't his blood uncle, but Irvin is a close friend of the family, and has been a mentor to Michael. I would not be surprised if he calls him uncle.

23 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Dont think him and Irvin are related though Irvin is a mentor and has known Strachan's father Jerome who went to BCC while Irivn was at the U.

https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/draft-preview-strachan-has-potential-as-late-round-steal/article_1915fd18-a3c1-11eb-b764-1

23 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Apparently, I'm wrong.   Thanks for the correction.

What is odd,  is that I was confident that I had read that, not just one article,  but in several articles.   I thought it was even mentioned on draft day when the Colts selected him.    I thought it was surely mentioned on the NFL Network,  where Irvin works.  

Sorry for the misinformation.   Wasn't trying to mislead.    My bad.

Archived