Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz and Nelson trending towards playing week 1


CR91
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm guessing Week 1 for Nelson 

I'm also guessing Week 3 to 5 for Wentz 

 

It will be 3 if Eason and Ehrlinger struggle 

Here's the real drag though 

 

Lets say one of the young guys lights it up what do you do then 

Why do you think Wentz misses games? He and Nelson had basically the same procedure and are already walking around fine. It's going to be a pain tolerance issue more then anything and I don't see either of those guys missing games because of a little pain.

 

I also don't see either Eason or Ehlinger lighting it up but that would be a good problem to have.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Coltsfan98 said:

Why do you think Wentz misses games? He and Nelson had basically the same procedure and are already walking around fine. It's going to be a pain tolerance issue more then anything and I don't see either of those guys missing games because of a little pain.

 

I also don't see either Eason or Ehlinger lighting it up but that would be a good problem to have.

Just guessing 

I'm wrong probably like always 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Ian Rapoport said today 8/11 the types of surgeries for Nelson and Wentz typically take 2-3 month to heal, hence the 12 weeks number. Time will tell.

He is wrong I believe. Because everything I have seen is these surgeries can be very different. Sometimes the bone is attached to a ligament or tendon. It doesn’t seem in either case from what we have heard this was the case. No tendons or nerves were effected. It was simply removing the piece of bone. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Ian Rapoport said today 8/11 the types of surgeries for Nelson and Wentz typically take 2-3 month to heal, hence the 12 weeks number. Time will tell.

i think your misunderstanding the injury .   the reason its 5-12 weeks is because they needed to see if there was ligament damage caused by the bone breaking off .   if they had the damage you are right , but both wentz and nelson had zero ligament damage . without the damage its 5-6 weeks .  there is a sport surgeon who makes videos about players injuries and he said without damage its 5-6 weeks to be fully healthy and zero chance of causing more injury playing on it early .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know if in actuality foot injuries are reaggravated any more commonly than other leg injuries, but it sure seems like it. I'm going to be cringing every play for the first 2-3 weeks if they're back week 1. Sure do hope they are though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, coming on strong said:

i think your misunderstanding the injury .   the reason its 5-12 weeks is because they needed to see if there was ligament damage caused by the bone breaking off .   if they had the damage you are right , but both wentz and nelson had zero ligament damage . without the damage its 5-6 weeks .  there is a sport surgeon who makes videos about players injuries and he said without damage its 5-6 weeks to be fully healthy and zero chance of causing more injury playing on it early .

I'll believe Rapoport

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

He is wrong I believe. Because everything I have seen is these surgeries can be very different. Sometimes the bone is attached to a ligament or tendon. It doesn’t seem in either case from what we have heard this was the case. No tendons or nerves were effected. It was simply removing the piece of bone. 

If you read it says "typically" not definitely!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 07dleigh said:

I don't know if in actuality foot injuries are reaggravated any more commonly than other leg injuries, but it sure seems like it. I'm going to be cringing every play for the first 2-3 weeks if they're back week 1. Sure do hope they are though. 

Plantar fasciitis will follow you around like flies on a rib roast.  It’s like a ghost that always haunts you.  I know this personally.  Tore it in a half marathon in 2011.  A guy training me taught me how to beat it this past year, though.  I’d love to try to help anyone with this difficult condition if you have it.  I swear it worked for me.  You guys in the PF club know how deflating and debilitating this condition can be.  Hit me with a PM and I’ll tell you what worked for me.
 

From what I’ve read the foot deal these guys have is nothing like that.  It should no longer be a problem when they can bear the tissue pain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I'll believe Rapoport

Even the ortho doctors are saying if it is a clean just ordinary bone removal recovery is fast. The Chargers former doctor actually has a YouTube and follows all these sports injuries  on Twitter. The only way this is going to take longer is if the colts are lying about the surgery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reich said early on, perhaps the same day Wentz had surgery, that pain tolerance would be a key component in return. 

 

Not buying week 1 yet, but I love hearing week 1 is a possibility. Means things are going better than expected.

 

Still early though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Like I said a week ago, remember Peyton Manning missed camp and pre-season one year and the Colts started 3-4 and he was rusty.  If that happens to Peyton I am sure Wentz will experience issues given he’s not Peyton and it’s his first year with his new team so I hope people show patience with him.

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, coming on strong said:

If the colts are healthy Titans have no chance . They couldn’t even sweep us in 2011 or 2019 with backups . They have never been a elite team they are overrated . 

Slow down Henry and we beat Titans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Reich said early on, perhaps the same day Wentz had surgery, that pain tolerance would be a key component in return. 

 

Not buying week 1 yet, but I love hearing week 1 is a possibility. Means things are going better than expected.

 

Still early though.


I always had a good feeling it would be closer to 5 weeks when it was a simple small bone extraction. With no ligaments and other structures being damaged. All things things considered it didn’t turn out that bad. Colts get to see what they have in Eason and Sam and Wentz and Nelson won’t miss a lot of games if any.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:


I always had a good feeling it would be closer to 5 weeks when it was a simple small bone extraction. With no ligaments and other structures being damaged. All things things considered it didn’t turn out that bad. Colts get to see what they have in Eason and Sam and Wentz and Nelson won’t miss a lot of games if any.

 

Too early for me to be overly optimistic lol...

I'm just happy things are going well. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Even the ortho doctors are saying if it is a clean just ordinary bone removal recovery is fast. The Chargers former doctor actually has a YouTube and follows all these sports injuries  on Twitter. The only way this is going to take longer is if the colts are lying about the surgery.

Can you offer up the list of those doctors? Wentz is an injury waiting to happen. Like I have said time will tell. We all recover differently.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Can you offer up the list of those doctors? Wentz is an injury waiting to happen. Like I have said time will tell. We all recover differently.

 

Yeah...I am sure there are ortho doctors also skeptical of a Week 1 start. 

 

It does seem like the longer timeline was in relation to possible unforeseen ligament damage in the foot.

 

However, that begs the question of why they didn't just say they would provide the timeline after the surgery. That seems like a very normal and reasonable response...that happens quite often. But they threw out that weird 5-12 week timeline BEFORE the surgery IIRC. So I still see Week 1 as probably a bit optimistic, but I feel much better about than I did a week or so ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Reich will risk Wentz getting whacked in game one without the best guard in the league watching from the sideline. Yeah I think not. Unless Reich sees the old Wentz in their why put him in with the toughest schedule in the NFL IF Eason is showing promise. In either case the HC will definitely earn his pay this year  wiggling through the schedule with the QB question hovering over him. Wish him well. If anyone can do it he can.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, shasta519 said:

 

Yeah...I am sure there are ortho doctors also skeptical of a Week 1 start. 

 

It does seem like the longer timeline was in relation to possible unforeseen ligament damage in the foot.

 

However, that begs the question of why they didn't just say they would provide the timeline after the surgery. That seems like a very normal and reasonable response...that happens quite often. But they threw out that weird 5-12 week timeline BEFORE the surgery IIRC. So I still see Week 1 as probably a bit optimistic, but I feel much better about than I did a week or so ago.

They didn’t say anything after the surgery because they stated before the surgery that the key points were two weeks after surgery, (which is roughly where we are now) and two more weeks after the player has had a chance to go some light rehab.   And we’re not there yet.  
 

Reich has said for days that both look good and seem to be doing well.   Not sure what are the questions that beg to be asked so early in the recovery process?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...