Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz and Nelson trending towards playing week 1

CR91

• CR91 changed the title to Wentz and Nelson trending towards playing week 1
3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Nelson hasn’t missed a start in his career so he will be out there.  Wentz is our new QB.  He’s going to want to show his teammates he’s tough and a warrior.  He will be out there too.  IMO.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Valuable use of your first 30 posts in order to earn a cookie .... Why is it only new people in a race to claim prognostic skill? Lol

Apparently it's not, I got beat out by a Richard. rotflmao

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Good news.  Although with very little time in camp Wentz is probably going to be rusty.  So we should be careful not to freak out if his play doesn't look the greatest in his first start.  

I think our running game should help that out. At least I hope.

If he does play week one we really are getting to learn a lot  about our backup QB right now. These reps are so valuable for both of them id for some reason one of them has to play a game this season.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Good news.  Although with very little time in camp Wentz is probably going to be rusty.  So we should be careful not to freak out if his play doesn't look the greatest in his first start.  

Like I said a week ago, remember Peyton Manning missed camp and pre-season one year and the Colts started 3-4 and he was rusty.  If that happens to Peyton I am sure Wentz will experience issues given he’s not Peyton and it’s his first year with his new team so I hope people show patience with him.

This is great news, but its still a rough situation with the tough start to the schedule. Wentz needed as much time to acclimate to his new team as possible. It could be an ugly first 5 or 6 games, if we come out of them 2-4 i wouldn't lose all hope, especially looking at the back end of the schedule. If we can get out of the first 6 games at 3-3 id be ecstatic. There would be some wins against good teams in there, and all past experience of QB's joining new teams would tell us that the team should only progress from there.

29 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

How dare you expect me to have realistic expectations? 

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

What?   This place freak out?   Never!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Good it’s karma for all those Titans fans bragging about the colts injuries on social media .  They act like they are the chiefs because they got a 33 year old wr coming off a bad injury.

I live in Nashville so I hear those annoying and ignorant Titans fans all the time. They literally think the Colts only have Buckner and Leonard as good defensive players, and that Taylor is our only good skill player on offense. Many are ignorant to the talent the Colts have in other players like Grover Stewart, Bobby Okereke, Kenny Moore, Julian Blackmon, Khari Willis, Turay, Paye, MPJ, and Hines. Not to mention the other studs we have on our OL in Braden Smith and Ryan Kelly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

I live in Nashville so I hear those annoying and ignorant Titans fans all the time. They literally think the Colts only have Buckner and Leonard as good defensive players, and that Taylor is our only good skill player on offense. Many are ignorant to the talent the Colts have in other players like Grover Stewart, Bobby Okereke, Kenny Moore, Julian Blackmon, Khari Willis, Turay, Paye, MPJ, and Hines. Not to mention the other studs we have on our OL in Braden Smith and Ryan Kelly. 

If the colts are healthy Titans have no chance . They couldn’t even sweep us in 2011 or 2019 with backups . They have never been a elite team they are overrated . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

If the colts are healthy Titans have no chance . They couldn’t even sweep us in 2011 or 2019 with backups . They have never been a elite team they are overrated . 

See, Colts fans are the same way as we accuse Titans fans of being.   

Every fan base has a number of over confident and over critical fans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coltsfan98 said:

What are the chances Fisher is ready week 1? It's like a 6 month recovery right?? He should be getting close to being able to practice I'd think.

This is just my guess but don’t see Fisher coming back until the month of October at this earliest.

9 minutes ago, Coltsfan98 said:

What are the chances Fisher is ready week 1? It's like a 6 month recovery right?? He should be getting close to being able to practice I'd think.

He has been doing a lot of running on the sidelines. Apparently one of the reporters said he is working harder on the sideline then guys in practice. Reich joked and said he looks ready. It does seem like he is getting closer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Great news! I thought as much when I saw Wentz and Nelson at practice yesterday. Lets enjoy the preseason a little more now knowing this and hopefully they'll both be ready for week 1!

Yeah, I'd like to hear from the media how everyone else is doing in camp instead all the talk about Wentz. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing Week 1 for Nelson 

I'm also guessing Week 3 to 5 for Wentz 

It will be 3 if Eason and Ehrlinger struggle 

Here's the real drag though 

Lets say one of the young guys lights it up what do you do then 

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm guessing Week 1 for Nelson 

I'm also guessing Week 3 to 5 for Wentz 

It will be 3 if Eason and Ehrlinger struggle 

Here's the real drag though 

Lets say one of the young guys lights it up what do you do then 

I don’t see Wentz missing 2 games next few weeks will be important.