Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gregg Rosenthal


Recommended Posts

On 8/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, Four2itus said:

Just maybe.....Sam isn't slinging those long passes until he breaks the pocket, because he can't see over the D-line.

 

 

 

I'm hoping you're being sarcastic about the....   "he can't see over the D-line" comment?    Please say you're joking?

 

6'0" Drew Brees says hello!

5'10" 5/8 Russell Wilson says hello!

 

Sometimes there are lanes between the O-Line players and the D-line players as well.   And the QB sees what he needs to see between those players.     Would you be saying the same thing if Sam were 6'2' and not 6'1"?     Doubtful.

 

Come on now.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I'm hoping you're being sarcastic about the....   "he can't see over the D-line" comment?    Please say you're joking?

 

6'0" Drew Brees says hello!

5'10" 5/8 Russell Wilson says hello!

 

Sometimes there are lanes between the O-Line players and the D-line players as well.   And the QB sees what he needs to see between those players.     Would you be saying the same thing if Sam were 6'2' and not 6'1"?     Doubtful.

 

Come on now.....

Seriously? Are you truly unaware that height is measured thing in the NFL? I mean, if it doesn't matter, than why in the hell even measure the players? Please say you're joking?

 

Furthermore, using the 2 examples out of hundreds over the last 20 years, hardly makes a case. 

 

Lastly, please note that I said "maybe". I specifically used that word to avoid someone overreacting to a definitive statement.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Seriously? Are you truly unaware that height is measured thing in the NFL? I mean, if it doesn't matter, than why in the hell even measure the players? Please say you're joking?

 

Furthermore, using the 2 examples out of hundreds over the last 20 years, hardly makes a case. 

 

Lastly, please note that I said "maybe". I specifically used that word to avoid someone overreacting to a definitive statement.

 

Tell me….   What is the magical number where people CAN see over the DLine?    Because I’m all my years, I’ve never seen an official number where height doesn’t matter at that point?   Or are you not familiar with throwing between lineman?  
 

Of course height matters.   But at some point, until it’s demonstrated that it is a problem,  all the fan nonsense, is just that — nonsense. 
 

And if you think there haven’t been other shorter QBs who have been successful than you haven’t followed football that closely.   Or maybe you can stage a one-man protest in front of Colts camp asking why they bothered drafting a dwarf because you know better.  
 

Oh look, I said “maybe”! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Tell me….   What is the magical number where people CAN see over the DLine?    Because I’m all my years, I’ve never seen an official number where height doesn’t matter at that point?   Or are you not familiar with throwing between lineman?  
 

Of course height matters.   But at some point, until it’s demonstrated that it is a problem,  all the fan nonsense, is just that — nonsense. 
 

And if you think there haven’t been other shorter QBs who have been successful than you haven’t followed football that closely.   Or maybe you can stage a one-man protest in front of Colts camp asking why they bothered drafting a dwarf because you know better.  
 

Oh look, I said “maybe”! 

Man, you are some piece of work. Again, I will explain this....not for you, because you are not respectful enough to deserve it, but for those who might read this exchange so that they might get a clear picture of what this is. I quoted another poster, saying....

 

"Just maybe.....Sam isn't slinging those long passes until he breaks the pocket, because he can't see over the D-line."

 

It was a plausible comment as to what was being discussed in the thread. But to use one of your own oft used comments, you being you, you quoted me in an arrogant manner

 

"I'm hoping you're being sarcastic about the....   "he can't see over the D-line" comment?    Please say you're joking?

6'0" Drew Brees says hello!

5'10" 5/8 Russell Wilson says hello!

 

.....and I responded in kind with your own words......Please say your joking. For that I apologize, because that is not how I operate. 

 

I'm done with both this exchange, and our interaction. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2021 at 7:20 PM, NewColtsFan said:

 

I'm hoping you're being sarcastic about the....   "he can't see over the D-line" comment?    Please say you're joking?

 

6'0" Drew Brees says hello!

5'10" 5/8 Russell Wilson says hello!

 

Sometimes there are lanes between the O-Line players and the D-line players as well.   And the QB sees what he needs to see between those players.     Would you be saying the same thing if Sam were 6'2' and not 6'1"?     Doubtful.

 

Come on now.....

 

 I'll take a stab by saying Brees was universally dropped from 1st to 2nd rd because of size.

 And Wilson 2 rounds. Watching Wilson run around like a chicken with his head cut off wasn't about him doing it for fun. Nor Doug Flutie. 

 Every evaluator is looking for 6'4 +.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 I'll take a stab by saying Brees was universally dropped from 1st to 2nd rd because of size.

 And Wilson 2 rounds. Watching Wilson run around like a chicken with his head cut off wasn't about him doing it for fun. Nor Doug Flutie. 

 Every evaluator is looking for 6'4 +.

 

Everybody is “looking” for that, but most don’t get it.    Without looking it up, most QBs aren’t 6’4”.    They’re shorter. 
 

The reaction to Wilson was that most teams were shocked he went that high.  Though it’s been written that the team that picked right after Seattle was going to pick Wilson and saw him taken before they could. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Seriously? Are you truly unaware that height is measured thing in the NFL? I mean, if it doesn't matter, than why in the hell even measure the players? Please say you're joking?

 

Furthermore, using the 2 examples out of hundreds over the last 20 years, hardly makes a case. 

 

Lastly, please note that I said "maybe". I specifically used that word to avoid someone overreacting to a definitive statement.

 

The Cardinals need to cut Murray asap. They probably didn't realize he is 5'10

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The Cardinals need to cut Murray asap. They probably didn't realize he is 5'10

And he was only the FIRST pick in the entire draft.   Another is Baker Mayfield, he’s 6’1” and also the first pick in the draft. 
 

Thank you. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And he was only the FIRST pick in the entire draft.   Another is Baker Mayfield, he’s 6’1” and also the first pick in the draft. 
 

Thank you. 

Lamar Jackson is at 6'2", Aaron Rodgers is also 6'2", as well as Jimmy G, Andy Dalton and Dak Prescott. Heck Patrick Mahomes is 6'3" and under the magic line, with Matthew Stafford, Derek Carr and Kirk Cousins at the same height. 

 

Height is kinda, sorta important, but like you've said, the other tangibles clearly mean something.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Lamar Jackson is at 6'2", Aaron Rodgers is also 6'2", as well as Jimmy G, Andy Dalton and Dak Prescott. Heck Patrick Mahomes is 6'3" and under the magic line, with Matthew Stafford, Derek Carr and Kirk Cousins at the same height. 

 

Height is kinda, sorta important, but like you've said, the other tangibles clearly mean something.  

Thanks very much for all this.   I actually prefer a taller QB.   But I think must are 6’2” and 6’3”.     Height is definitely “a” factor, but there lots and lots of other factors too and they all play a part in a successful QB.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Man, you are some piece of work. Again, I will explain this....not for you, because you are not respectful enough to deserve it, but for those who might read this exchange so that they might get a clear picture of what this is. I quoted another poster, saying....

 

"Just maybe.....Sam isn't slinging those long passes until he breaks the pocket, because he can't see over the D-line."

 

It was a plausible comment as to what was being discussed in the thread. But to use one of your own oft used comments, you being you, you quoted me in an arrogant manner

 

"I'm hoping you're being sarcastic about the....   "he can't see over the D-line" comment?    Please say you're joking?

6'0" Drew Brees says hello!

5'10" 5/8 Russell Wilson says hello!

 

.....and I responded in kind with your own words......Please say your joking. For that I apologize, because that is not how I operate. 

 

I'm done with both this exchange, and our interaction. 

 

It's the middle of the night here on the West Coast, and I'm not sleeping well....    And this thread is keeping me awake, so I might as well deal with it.     

 

If you've been a member here long enough, you might know that there are a couple of concepts that I believe in.   One,  words matter, so try to choose them wisely.    I try, but sometimes I fail.    And two,  try to see the Big Picture.

 

I was trying to make a point about quarterback height in this discussion and, judging by the reaction of the person I was exchanging with,  went too far.    What started out as the Big Picture is no longer.   That has changed.   The Big Picture now is that I offended someone who I used to think of as a friend.   And that sucks, and I might as well own it.   I didn't choose my words well, and went too far.    That's now the main topic at hand.

 

So, I'd like to offer @Four2itus a sincere, heart felt, apology.    I went too far.    And it probably wasn't the first time, so more the reason that I step up now.    I'm sorry I went too far to make a point.   Honestly.   I hope you'll accept this.    The website is important to me, and it's not worth losing a friend over.    That's the Big Picture.

 

 OK....    we now return things back to normal.    We have a game Saturday,  and there is much football still to talk about!

 

Carry on!!     

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

It's the middle of the night here on the West Coast, and I'm not sleeping well....    And this thread is keeping me awake, so I might as well deal with it.     

 

If you've been a member here long enough, you might know that there are a couple of concepts that I believe in.   One,  words matter, so try to choose them wisely.    I try, but sometimes I fail.    And two,  try to see the Big Picture.

 

I was trying to make a point about quarterback height in this discussion and, judging by the reaction of the person I was exchanging with,  went too far.    What started out as the Big Picture is no longer.   That has changed.   The Big Picture now is that I offended someone who I used to think of as a friend.   And that sucks, and I might as well own it.   I didn't choose my words well, and went too far.    That's now the main topic at hand.

 

So, I'd like to offer @Four2itus a sincere, heart felt, apology.    I went too far.    And it probably wasn't the first time, so more the reason that I step up now.    I'm sorry I went too far to make a point.   Honestly.   I hope you'll accept this.    The website is important to me, and it's not worth losing a friend over.    That's the Big Picture.

 

 OK....    we now return things back to normal.    We have a game Saturday,  and there is much football still to talk about!

 

Carry on!!     

This is the internet, you don't see this type of post happen often people.

That's genuine. Give the man credit. @Four2itus - gotta respect that surely?

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

It's the middle of the night here on the West Coast, and I'm not sleeping well....    And this thread is keeping me awake, so I might as well deal with it.     

 

If you've been a member here long enough, you might know that there are a couple of concepts that I believe in.   One,  words matter, so try to choose them wisely.    I try, but sometimes I fail.    And two,  try to see the Big Picture.

 

I was trying to make a point about quarterback height in this discussion and, judging by the reaction of the person I was exchanging with,  went too far.    What started out as the Big Picture is no longer.   That has changed.   The Big Picture now is that I offended someone who I used to think of as a friend.   And that sucks, and I might as well own it.   I didn't choose my words well, and went too far.    That's now the main topic at hand.

 

So, I'd like to offer @Four2itus a sincere, heart felt, apology.    I went too far.    And it probably wasn't the first time, so more the reason that I step up now.    I'm sorry I went too far to make a point.   Honestly.   I hope you'll accept this.    The website is important to me, and it's not worth losing a friend over.    That's the Big Picture.

 

 OK....    we now return things back to normal.    We have a game Saturday,  and there is much football still to talk about!

 

Carry on!!     

Back at you, NCF. I too had this on my mind last night. I don't usually get my blood pressure up like this. I apologize to you as well. I agree with much of what you post, glad to get past it and rally for the season.

 

I defend the shoe pretty strongly, and in that effort, I can get sneaky snarky. I therefore have to accept that sometimes others may see a snarky comment, when it is actually on honest question. I built that reputation, no you. In all, though, I really appreciate this kind of communication between us. We are from an older time....and perhaps.....we can set an example of how create brotherhood, not more divide. 

 

I was going to do the same for you when I got up this morning, but you beat me to it. Well done and thank you. You have humbled me with your honesty. As I read back to my response, yesterday, I wince. 

:hat:

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...