Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wide Receiver Ryan Broyles

He got hurt late last year, he was a top wide receiver in the league before that though, if he proves healthy would you take a chance on him in the 3rd round? ya all now where Im going in the 2nd and Im going to Ta'amu in the 4th, but in my draft that 3rd is open

If we went after Broyles I'd want us to look more towards our first 5th round pick. I see him as a fourth rounder, but I think there should be better options at our 4th round pick. IMO Ta'amu is a late 2nd round prospect...he shouldn't be there in the 4th

If we went after Broyles I'd want us to look more towards our first 5th round pick. I see him as a fourth rounder, but I think there should be better options at our 4th round pick. IMO Ta'amu is a late 2nd round prospect...he shouldn't be there in the 4th

I agree. A 4th or 5th rounder on Broyles would be nice. If Streeter and Broyles are both there, I'm not sure who I would rather take. Broyles seems like the better route runner, but his ACL problem could be an issue. Streeter is faster and bigger and can be a bigger deep threat, but his routes are all too great. With that said, maybe with some good coaching and being around a guy like Wayne, that would improve Streeter's route running

Earlier it was all about Jeff Fuller and Ryan Broyles

Yep, I remember that.

This was the worst draft for Broyles to hurt his ACL before. Good free agency class plus great WR depth in draft!!! Could he have declared for the draft last year?

Broyles will be a solid slot in the NFL. I am not crazy about his size on the outside. Marvin Harrison was successful do to quickness and precision route running (Peyton's arm didn't hurt either). Broyles does run solid routes. If he is available in the 5th, I would be down.

Earlier it was all about Jeff Fuller and Ryan Broyles

Fuller had a really rough year. Injury and concussions took him out a good chunk of the year. Before the ACL tear Broyles was lighting up the field. I think with a full recovery he can produce very well in the NFL.

No way ta'amu falls to the 4th. It will be better to get ta'amu in the 3rd and pick up Broyles in the 4th..... Practically the same thing and is much much more probable

either way I am getting Ta'amu 3rd or 4th

either way I am getting Ta'amu 3rd or 4th

I'd wait and get the Baylor NT in the fifth so I can go TE in round 4... I haven't been basing my mocks on need/position for the most part, but the last few I've put together have us going QB, WR, CB, TE, NT (in that order) in the first 4 rounds

I'd wait and get the Baylor NT in the fifth so I can go TE in round 4... I haven't been basing my mocks on need/position for the most part, but the last few I've put together have us going QB, WR, CB, TE, NT (in that order) in the first 4 rounds

I saw your mock and I like all the players at least the ones I studied I havent studied all of them yet, but the reason I go corner in the second is because anything lower and your looking at a project corner and we already have enough of those, I want my shutdown corner now while we have this oppurtunity but like all mocks I do respect your opinion and I do like some of those players even if not at that exact pick

There is only a hand full of CBs in the NFL that are considered "Shutdown" CBs anyways. I can see trying to draft a corner and develop him into eventually becoming shutdown corner but in order to draft a guy like that outside of the first round they are typically high risk/high reward type prospects. Maybe I'm taking it wrong but it sounds like some of you guys think we are going to pick up the second coming of Darelle Revis in the fourth round. I'd just be happy if we could pick someone up that can take over Power's spot as our number 1 in the next 2 or 3 years.

We're not getting a shutdown corner this draft period. Theres a reason they are termed "shutdown" corners because of their ability. Theres VERY few in the nfl. Were not gettin a shutdown corner in the 2nd. We might get a very good one with character issues(jenkins) but theres no shutdown corner in this draft within our reach after Luck.

There is only a hand full of CBs in the NFL that are considered "Shutdown" CBs anyways. I can see trying to draft a corner and develop him into eventually becoming shutdown corner but in order to draft a guy like that outside of the first round they are typically high risk/high reward type prospects. Maybe I'm taking it wrong but it sounds like some of you guys think we are going to pick up the second coming of Darelle Revis in the fourth round. I'd just be happy if we could pick someone up that can take over Power's spot as our number 1 in the next 2 or 3 years.

we may not get that shut down corner at round 2 but I believe we can get one in that round thats ready to be our #1, what I want is a corner that when a quarterback looks over at his way I want that quarterback to have to think twice about throwing it or put it in some VERY accurate spot , right now I can think of a whole slew of number ones that ya have to do that with when they are healthy (or not in trouble with the law lol ) if were going to draft a project corner then might as well not draft one cause we have those already

Personally, if we were to take a corner in the 2nd, id go with Jamel Fleming. Big strong and played on an island at oklahoma. Best tackling corner in this draft too imo.

IMO, Fleming is a 3rd round prospect. He is a solid tackler, but sometimes only seems interested in making the tackle if he absolutely has to be the one. Claiborne plays at a different game speed than every other CB in this draft (IMO). Dre K. is solid, but a slight notch below. I am not a fan of J. Jenkins at all (could care less about the personal flaws, don't care for his game.....to me he seems better fit for a Cover 2....he breaks fast, but isn't really a presser).

M.C. and Dre K. will be long gone by 34. I would be happy with Gilmore at 34 or holding off until the 3rd round for Casey Hayward.

Yes but in the 3rd thats where I would target Ta'amu, so Heyward is out of my mock. Every corner you listed ColtJ82 will be gone in the 1st, besides maybe Jenkins. I would much rather get Fleming than Jenkins in the 2nd because of his character and tackling ability. He hes also imo the best press corner in this draft. Dude is physical.

Shutdown corners usually all go in the first round, but there may be one that drops into the second this year: Josh Norman.

And that's because he played at Coastal Carolina and may still be a little raw. The question is: Do we want to take any kind of risk with the #34 pick?

IMHO, #34 must see significant playing time and be a positive contributor in his rookie season. Especially with all the holes we have on this team right now.

Yes but in the 3rd thats where I would target Ta'amu, so Heyward is out of my mock. Every corner you listed ColtJ82 will be gone in the 1st, besides maybe Jenkins. I would much rather get Fleming than Jenkins in the 2nd because of his character and tackling ability. He hes also imo the best press corner in this draft. Dude is physical.

getting ta'amu in the third is being hopeful imo

Shutdown corners usually all go in the first round, but there may be one that drops into the second this year: Josh Norman.

And that's because he played at Coastal Carolina and may still be a little raw. The question is: Do we want to take any kind of risk with the #34 pick?

IMHO, #34 must see significant playing time and be a positive contributor in his rookie season. Especially with all the holes we have on this team right now.

Agreed. Though this would limit us to drafting either TE, WR, OG, or CB with #34. Seeing as Fleener is the only real option at TE there and the good possibility that he will be gone almost eliminates TE there. Going CB imo would require a fall by one of the top four CBs (Gilmore being #4) and Janoris Jenkins would be the most likely to fall...I'd rather pass but I'm not completely opposed to him. This leaves imo the two most likely positions in WR and OG...with OG being the least popular here I wouldn't mind going with Kevin Zeitler, Kelechi Osemele, or even Konz if he falls who is said to be able to play OG. At WR my top receivers that should be available are Hill/Randle/Sanu/Jeffery.

So my own personal board at 34 (using this line of thinking) would be

1. Fleener

2. Hill

3.Konz

4. Jenkins

5.Randle

6.Zeitler

7.Osemele

8. Jeffery

Yeah someone on Path to the Draft last night, not Mayock but the other guy said Ta'amu could go in the second possibly to the Eagles with one of their two second rounders.

It's good if he falls to the 3rd, but I won't lose any sleep if we can't get him.

if he falls to late rounds which I doubt Ill take him with one of them but I see him being a mid rounder which is where we will need to get a Defensive Tackle (4th rounder) and I dont see us spending our 3rd round on him which is where I would get a wide receiver

No way not the 3rd. Maybe the 5th, he tore his ACL in November didn't he? There will be a ton of good WRs in the 3rd like Streeter, Toon, Criner, Jenkins, etc.

He is nearly back to 100%, if he is there in the 3rd round Indy would be getting a steal. I would take him in the third even if the Colts go WR in the second.

or even Toon... I like both.