Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Allen (The QB One)

PuntersArePeopleToo

I am surprised I hadn't seen this already, but Adam Schefter on Twitter: "Compensation update on Josh Allen new deal that @mortreport reported on: it’s a six-year deal worth $258 million, including $150 million guaranteed, per source." https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1423690711027884037

Which is sooo much, it will be interesting to see if he can continue to improve or if he levels out. If he levels out, wont be worth that much. Now it will be interesting to see Jackson and Mayfield getting theirs

FWIW, when Spagnuolos brought those blitzes with a little contact allowed in the AFCCG from CBs and speeding up his mental clock, he started to get less accurate like in the past, Josh Allen that is. 

It is not reasonable for anyone to expect him to complete 2 out of 3 passes every single year. I can see Josh Allen going back down to 60-63% completion pct., which would still be good for top QBs in the league to put them in a chance to win.

Still, a monster contract. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

FWIW, when Spagnuolos brought those blitzes with a little contact allowed in the AFCCG from CBs and speeding up his mental clock, he started to get less accurate like in the past, Josh Allen that is. 

It is not reasonable for anyone to expect him to complete 2 out of 3 passes every single year. I can see Josh Allen going back down to 60-63% completion pct., which would still be good for top QBs in the league to put them in a chance to win.

That is true, for him it is going to be not making the mistakes in RZ which so far he has done well. That will make the biggest thing here

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Also....hes more accurate outside the pocket when the threat of the run is there. He's a big kid but so was Andrew. The hits will eventually take their toll.

Archived