Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free agent S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix will work out for the Colts.

TigerColt

According to NBC news:

Clinton-Dix didn't play last season after the Cowboys cut him prior to Week 1. He was beaten out by Darian Thompson for the starting role. Clinton-Dix is still only 28 years old and he started all 16 games for Chicago in 2019, recording 78 tackles and a pair of interceptions. The veteran safety figures to contribute somewhere this year.

5 minutes ago, cjrichard said:

According to NBC news:

Clinton-Dix didn't play last season after the Cowboys cut him prior to Week 1. He was beaten out by Darian Thompson for the starting role. Clinton-Dix is still only 28 years old and he started all 16 games for Chicago in 2019, recording 78 tackles and a pair of interceptions. The veteran safety figures to contribute somewhere this year.

looking at the contract that Malik signed with the cowboys . Would’ve preferred to have him back instead.

Goodness gracious, of course we should bring him in for a look!   There is zero reason not to.  Looking does NOT mean we sign him automatically.   There is zero downside to looking and I can’t even think of the downside to signing him?   Because that doesn’t mean he’ll make the 53.   It’s only about the 90 man roster at this point.  There’s no harm at all.

I seriously doubt those who oppose a look are even aware of his resume’.   It’s quite good. 

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Goodness gracious, of course we should bring him in for a look!   There is zero reason not to.  Looking does NOT mean we sign him automatically.   There is zero downside to looking and I can’t even think of the downside to signing him?   Because that doesn’t mean he’ll make the 53.   It’s only about the 90 man roster at this point.  There’s no harm at all.

I seriously doubt those who oppose a look are even aware of his resume’.   It’s quite good. 

Exactly. He can still be a great player and contribute, especially if Blackmon or Willis were to be injured or something. 

24 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Given that the Colts have zero depth behind two young safeties adding a vet wouldn’t be the worst idea in the world.  

I wouldn’t say zero.  Odum has experience.  And I think they plan on having both of the Davis’s wear the same number so we can sneak on an extra player.  

But, yeah, you have to look at Dix.  Great for Bama, I’m not sure what happened to him.

HHCD has graded out pretty darn good the last 3 years he played. I still don't understand why he was dropped last year on a contract that was short term, cheap, and high on guarantees. 

Anyway, at FS, he was grading out in the mid 70s IIRC. Which is 10+ pts higher than Blackmon. Hoping that Blackmon takes a big step forward in coverage this year, but HHCD would be nice to have if JB doesn't. I also like Shawn Davis, but I think they'll likely use him more as a SS. Most suggested he could play either.

On 8/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, Valpo2004 said:

I'm surprised he's still on the market I thought he was fairly good.

There's a difference between being "still on the market" during free agency and being "out of the NFL all last season because not a single team wanted him on their roster" in my opinion.

Archived