Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many starters will miss game one vs the Seahawks?

John Hammonds

How many starters will miss game one vs the Seahawks?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How many starters will miss game one vs the Seahawks?

I doubt Wentz will make it, 5 weeks plus he will probably need at least one practice. We dont want to mess up another QB by rushing him

Nelson is similar though he may not need as much practice

Kelly is out "a few weeks", with this team that means he wont make it

Someone else will probably join them

What’s a poll going to tell us?

What insight do fans have they isn’t already public knowledge? 

I try not to worry about things I can’t control.  

Judging by Frank’s comments, I suspect that in week #1, home vs Seattle,  Wentz will be under center.   Kelly will be at center,  Nelson will be the Left Guard.  

Do I know anything people here don’t?   No.

Just my hunch based on Frank’s comments. 

10 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I doubt Wentz will make it, 5 weeks plus he will probably need at least one practice. We dont want to mess up another QB by rushing him

Nelson is similar though he may not need as much practice

Kelly is out "a few weeks", with this team that means he wont make it

Someone else will probably join them

Actually if he came back at 5 weeks that would be 3 practices I believe. Reich said he if mentally preparing and will be very involved with walkthroughs and preparation.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Judging by Frank’s comments, I suspect that in week #1, home vs Seattle,  Wentz will be under center.

That is optimistic going by the 5-12 weeks.  He could make it if he recovers in the minimum time frame and does not need more practice.

If its 6 weeks he will miss it. the team has not given us many reason to be optimistic with their injury timelines recently and 5-12 is a weird one 

4 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

That is optimistic going by the 5-12 weeks.  He could make it if he recovers in the minimum time frame and does not need more practice.

If its 6 weeks he will miss it. the team has not given us many reason to be optimistic with their injury timelines recently and 5-12 is a weird one 

Look again at Frank’s comments.   Then look again at the Calendar.   I think it’s possible.  It may not be likely at this point, but I do think it’s possible. 

9 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

The QB coach today mentioned how good wenhz had looked in practice. He said he looked in midsession form. He will be able to do some throwing in 2 weeks when he starts rehab.

49 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The QB coach today mentioned how good wenhz had looked in practice. He said he looked in midsession form. He will be able to do some throwing in 2 weeks when he starts rehab.

Im sure it helps that he knows Reich and his systems pretty well already.  I believe he will know the playbook by week one if he doesnt  now.  I wonder if he can be physically ready on short notice without practicing for 5 weeks though 

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

Im sure it helps that he knows Reich and his systems pretty well already.  I believe he will know the playbook by week one if he doesnt  now.  I wonder if he can be physically ready on short notice without practicing for 5 weeks though 

That is why I think he will miss one or two games.  Just depends how much practice he can get in if any before the first game. The good thing he is a vet so it won’t be as bad as if he was younger. We do lose out the team chemistry aspect.  

17 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

What were your take aways from this data?  

1. Andrew Luck was awesome

2. The hatred for Ballard's predecessor has always been a bit silly. Grigson stunk at drafting, but it wasn't his fault that so many guys kept getting hurt any more than it's Ballard's fault when it happens now.

And despite having the WORST stretch of AGL for any team of the past decade, he was still at the helm of Colts teams that went 33-15 and 3-3 in the playoffs.

Archived