Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We don't need to trade for Foles....

jshipp23

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

The guy we need is in Jacksonville...See if we can get Minshew for a 4th rd pick and get him learning the playbook a.s.ap...

The Jags aren't trading their backup qb with 6 weeks till the season starts.   His contract makes more sense than trading for foles though

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

Question is if Eason or a backup QB plays great do you keep Carson? 

We’re married to Carson thru 2022 just due to the huge amount of dead money. Now after next season, If that case were truer, then yes. We could trade him, but if he gets beat out by Eason, I’m not sure what his trade market will be

Just now, csmopar said:

We’re married to Carson thru 2022 just due to the huge amount of dead money. Now after next season, If that case were truer, then yes. We could trade him, but if he gets beat out by Eason, I’m not sure what his trade market will be

This is just crazy though. We also know the Colts knew the severity of this. I assumed it was just a sprain. The Colts and the medical information they give out is just bad. Now in the future I will also assume the worst lol 

24 minutes ago, a06cc said:

This is just crazy though. We also know the Colts knew the severity of this. I assumed it was just a sprain. The Colts and the medical information they give out is just bad. Now in the future I will also assume the worst lol 

Colts didn’t say much of anything this go around as far as a diagnosis until today.

22 minutes ago, a06cc said:

What’s crazy?

We traded for Wentz.   He has four years left on his contract.   The first two, this year and next are guaranteed.   The last two are not.   If he hasn’t worked out, we’d either cut him or trade him. 

But it’s a two-year marriage.   So what is crazy again? 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What’s crazy?

We traded for Wentz.   He has four years left on his contract.   The first two, this year and next are guaranteed.   The last two are not.   If he hasn’t worked out, we’d either cut him or trade him. 

But it’s a two-year marriage.   So what is crazy again? 

My feeling for saying it’s “crazy” is we just don’t seem to have the best of luck. That’s all I’m saying. We still have a good time so I’m not to worried. Only two players in Nelson or Buckner would have me freaking out. 

Heavens no. We’ve traded for enough quarterbacks already. Let’s see what we have this year one way or another, and if it’s bad enough to get us a fresh start and draft a great QB next spring then let’s just do that. We’d be out of debt on the whole thing after that draft, so hope the new guy can slide right in and hit the ground running. 

57 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Carson could be traded next year with no dead cap for us. All guaranteed money would be paid by new team.

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

All jokes aside Minshew can play...He really can..

He's got some "baller" in him no doubt. 

I've always thought he could be successful if the game plan was tailored around his strengths. 

He certainly ate us up. But I blame a lot of that on a very very dumb game plan (by us).

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

All jokes aside Minshew can play...He really can..

He can play but Reich and Ballard will go with the QB that will give them the highest comfort level and familiarity with the system.  They did it with Rivers, Wentz and I think will do it again with Foles if they feel the need to bring in a QB.  

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

See that's the thing. Will he be playing the Colts D too, because other than that, he's only lead the Jags to 1-15 record..

I mean.. 

Overall he's 7-13 in two years. 1-7 last year. 

But we know Jax was a complete mess all over the place. Arguably the worst D in the league. Bottom 5 running team too although Robinson did well at times. Bottom 10 OL too.

So not sure we can fault him for not "leading"... 

Jags have made a lot of moves, and have drafted well lately, so overall the roster is getting better, or will be better.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Gee id swear Frank just told us whose show it was today.

Not sure Frank said it is Eason's show. More like Eason has an opportunity, or it's his to lose. At least that's how I took it. 

Lot of time between now and the start of the season to change opinions. I do think they stick with Eason though.

I think we'll know  a lot more in 3 weeks when they see who Wentz is responding, and how Eason is looking after 1st team reps and a scrimmage.

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure Frank said it is Eason's show. More like Eason has an opportunity, or it's his to lose. At least that's how I took it. 

Lot of time between now and the start of the season to change opinions. I do think they stick with Eason though.

I think we'll know  a lot more in 3 weeks when they see who Wentz is responding, and how Eason is looking after 1st team reps and a scrimmage.

There was a quote I saw that he did say it. Let me see if I can find it. I listened to Reich’s interview but would have to go listen again. But he stressed he is the starter right now.

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Reich goes I had a good convo with Eason yesterday and I told him it’s his show.

40 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I will read the commentary again but im pretty sure i saw the words show. We all know its temporary, but i did see the words show being used.

30 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Seems a lot of media want the colts to trade for Foles just to create drama.

Create drama?    What are you talking about?

The move would make sense.

Reich likes Foles. 
Foles loves Reich.

Wentz and Foles like each other. 

Where's the drama?  

The media floats the idea because it makes sense.   Chicago has three QBs they’re paying and playing.  Dalton, Love, and Foles.  The odd man out is pretty obvious.   There is no drama, and that’s not what the media is going for here. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Create drama?    What are you talking about?

The move would make sense.

Reich likes Foles. 
Foles loves Reich.

Wentz and Foles like each other. 

Where's the drama?  

The media floats the idea because it makes sense.   Chicago has three QBs they’re paying and playing.  Dalton, Love, and Foles.  The odd man out is pretty obvious.   There is no drama, and that’s not what the media is going for here. 

You don’t think having the guy who replaced Wentz once and won a Super Bowl is going to create drama?

52 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Heres the quote i saw:

45 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

There was a quote I saw that he did say it. Let me see if I can find it. I listened to Reich’s interview but would have to go listen again. But he stressed he is the starter right now.

40 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich goes I had a good convo with Eason yesterday and I told him it’s his show.

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

I will read the commentary again but im pretty sure i saw the words show. We all know its temporary, but i did see the words show being used.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Heres the quote i saw:

Here's what I read.

“The job is Jacob’s right now … and he’s gotta earn it,” Reich said, via Zak Keefer of TheAthletic.com. “But he’s in the driver’s seat.”

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Could be smoke and mirrors, coach speak or whatever. That said, I hope it’s true

Hes only talking about for right now until Wentz is back. Sure it can be adjusted if his(Eason) performance is horrible. Maybe you consider a vet from there.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Here's what I read.

“The job is Jacob’s right now … and he’s gotta earn it,” Reich said, via Zak Keefer of TheAthletic.com. “But he’s in the driver’s seat.”

Two different quotes

Archived