Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Predictions (due to Wentz injury)


QB Predictions (due to Wentz injury)  

66 members have voted

  1. 1. Will Wentz require surgery (now)?

    • Nope, just treatment
    • Yes, he'll require surgery
  2. 2. How many games will Wentz miss?

    • zero
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6 (putting him in the less than 70% space that triggers the 1st round pick)
    • 7-8
    • more than 8
    • Out for the year
  3. 3. Who will be the starting QB week 1


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/2021 at 03:24 AM

Recommended Posts

Well this is his 6th season here in 2021.  According to my napkin math over the previous 5 seasons he has averaged 81% starts.  So from a 17 game season 80% is 13 games, meaning if he stays on par he'll miss 5 games.

 

Guess I'll go with 5 games.  And pray it's not more than that.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I went with surgery,  miss more than 8, and Hundley will start opener. 

I didn't I don't think he'll require surgery because I think he's tore he planter fascia and will just require rest and therapy. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s pretty simple what’s going to happen and completely predicated on Wentz injury timetable.

If Wentz goes into surgery soon, and I assume he will, I’m guessing a 5-8 week injury designation and a trip to IR and likely to be back Week 5. Got our first rounder back!

-in the meantime, between Eason/Ehlinger….IF either one show well in the pre-season, give them the starts. If they all stink (including Hundley), as a last resort I think we reach out to Rivers on a modified contract. He won’t cost any picks and he bridges that 6 weeks for us keeping everything competitive. This allows us to clean our depth chart at QB and actually know what we have.

Stage 2 of this plan is really what the start of the season should have always been: Evaluate if Wentz is the future. If he stinks, then we likely have a top 15 first rounder that we’d be smart to go QB with. If not, ARod is a very real possibility (Adams too), but may have to release some good players to do so.
IF Wentz balls out upon his return, then we use our first rounder to trade back a bit and gain a second or third rounder, thus nullifying what we paid for Wentz and we still know he’s the future.

Gonna be a very interesting season and quite frankly one that will give us lots of valuable answers to roster questions, both on O and D. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nevbot said:

It’s pretty simple what’s going to happen and completely predicated on Wentz injury timetable.

If Wentz goes into surgery soon, and I assume he will, I’m guessing a 5-8 week injury designation and a trip to IR and likely to be back Week 5. Got our first rounder back!

-in the meantime, between Eason/Ehlinger….IF either one show well in the pre-season, give them the starts. If they all stink (including Hundley), as a last resort I think we reach out to Rivers on a modified contract. He won’t cost any picks and he bridges that 6 weeks for us keeping everything competitive. This allows us to clean our depth chart at QB and actually know what we have.

Stage 2 of this plan is really what the start of the season should have always been: Evaluate if Wentz is the future. If he stinks, then we likely have a top 15 first rounder that we’d be smart to go QB with. If not, ARod is a very real possibility (Adams too), but may have to release some good players to do so.
IF Wentz balls out upon his return, then we use our first rounder to trade back a bit and gain a second or third rounder, thus nullifying what we paid for Wentz and we still know he’s the future.

Gonna be a very interesting season and quite frankly one that will give us lots of valuable answers to roster questions, both on O and D. 

Not a very good theory. Yes Colts get a first rounder back but will lose yet another year of a possible SB chance and another year wasting Wentz, the current coaching staff and players.

 

Me personally Id rather be a top team in the NFL with a chance at a SB and lose a late 1st rounder then waste another year and gain my first back but still lose a early 2nd rounder. The windows are way to short in the NFL. Players and Coaches leave to quick now. Colts have a great chance right now. This option is just wasting that time. 

 

Also lets be real. When QBs or any player comes back from surgery they dont' "Ball Out" Esp a player/QB in year one with his new team, new coaching staff, new scheme, etc. Wentz would be missing the rest of the offseason and key beginning of the season to gel with his oline, recs etc. This is huge with any QB. 

 

Have to honest and hope the best situation here is Wentz only misses the preseason only. Me as a Eagles fan Im rooting for Wentz and not for a pick. Makes not difference to me if its a late first or a early 2nd which is what it would be. Im a Wentz and Frank supporter and the only good situation for this team is the statement above. Anything else for this team is just flat out a bad situation. Trying to make any other sense out of this situation is just unrealistic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would think the best situation imaginable would be Wentz misses a game or two in which Eason looks ready for, and balls out. That way we can still see what we have in Wentz and if he fails, fully try the Eason experiment or at least pin him as our perm backup. Until bullets start flying in pre season games, we will know nothing. After game 1 and 2 of pre season we will know exactly how to proceed re: our Qb depth, however the return of the Wentz we hoped for post surgery with no training camp (as you eluded to) probably doesn’t bode well for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great thread once again @EastStreet, you always deliver with these type of threads. We really don't know until they say what the injury is though. If it is a broken bone we are screwed. I am hoping he just tweaked something. So I can't predict this one.

Yup, I know we know nothing. This is just letting people channel their inner Nostradamus. It's a good outlet for folks during the times when we lack info.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went with 1-2 games and after todays update I’m sticking with it. If it was a more serious injury surgery would be the only option not 1/2 options. There’s still 6 weeks until the opener next few days will be critical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great thread once again @EastStreet, you always deliver with these type of threads. We really don't know until they say what the injury is though. If it is a broken bone we are screwed. I am hoping he just tweaked something. So I can't predict this one.

That didn't stop me from voting. It didn't cost me anything, even if I'm wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

If Eason starts the season and plays great at what point do you replace him with a rusty Wentz ? If Eason plays terrible and Ehlinger or Hundly starts the season and plays great at what point do you pull them ?

The nice thing If he plays great and team is winning you don’t have to rush him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Su

19 hours ago, JediXMan said:

I went with 1-2 games and after todays update I’m sticking with it. If it was a more serious injury surgery would be the only option not 1/2 options. There’s still 6 weeks until the opener next few days will be critical.


So he’s getting Surgery today with the time table being 5-12 weeks. With the season being 6 weeks away I think my prediction of 1-2 games missed is pretty good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Let the best man play.. Glow can keep hes job, he just have to step up.
    • Perhaps it’s more an indicator of Reed’s solid play over Glow’s lack of production.  I don’t think Glow has been bad but it’s looking like Reed is playing better.  
    • I’ve always pictured Dayo as our DE with the occasional rotation with stewart . I don’t see Buckner getting kicked to the curb. Matter of fact, I think the future plan is a Dayo, Buckner,  Stewart(or a younger draftee ) and Paye. 
    • I like the analogy of a 17 round prize fight. For me, it’s not over until they’re eliminated mathematically or they’re close to that and have lost a lot of players, due to injury.    So, to your question, I would say absolutely not.
    • The turf has been historically awful there.  Don’t know if that’s fixed.   if it was just heavy rain and bad footing, that’s usually advantage passing game because defenders have to react.  They keep the balls fairly dry and today’s catching gloves are like electromagnets and QBs can wear gloves too.  Smaller handed QBs could have extra issues with grip though.   in heavy mud, the Run game is just a wallow fest.  Taylor’s style might help because he isnt dramatic with his cuts, but I could also see him being ineffective running laterally, he’s not great stopping and starting.  However, the home run ball is always a possibility with him especially when one cut could put the defender on skates.   45 mph winds essentially nullifies any passing game but the short game.  Again if you can get Taylor in space we could be money here but Fred is one of the best in coverage too.    the mud games usually come down to ball security and seemingly chance breaks Though.  I’d like to say I’m looking forward to it but I’m really not.  These games tend to be boring, limiting  these great athletes.  Makes em move around like a buncha old men.
  • Members

    • Matabix

      Matabix 137

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 1,118

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Aaron86

      Aaron86 36

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 1,372

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WentzinRome

      WentzinRome 327

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • lincolndefan

      lincolndefan 70

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Clem-Dog

      Clem-Dog 137

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Robin

      Robin 134

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AwesomeAustin

      AwesomeAustin 846

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Misty_B

      Misty_B 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...