66 members have voted

1. 1. Will Wentz require surgery (now)?

• Nope, just treatment
    • Yes, he'll require surgery
  2. 2. How many games will Wentz miss?

• zero
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6 (putting him in the less than 70% space that triggers the 1st round pick)
    • 7-8
    • more than 8
    • Out for the year
  3. 3. Who will be the starting QB week 1

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/2021 at 03:24 AM

Well this is his 6th season here in 2021.  According to my napkin math over the previous 5 seasons he has averaged 81% starts.  So from a 17 game season 80% is 13 games, meaning if he stays on par he'll miss 5 games.

Guess I'll go with 5 games.  And pray it's not more than that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I went with surgery,  miss more than 8, and Hundley will start opener. 

I didn't I don't think he'll require surgery because I think he's tore he planter fascia and will just require rest and therapy. 

• Like 2

It’s pretty simple what’s going to happen and completely predicated on Wentz injury timetable.

If Wentz goes into surgery soon, and I assume he will, I’m guessing a 5-8 week injury designation and a trip to IR and likely to be back Week 5. Got our first rounder back!

-in the meantime, between Eason/Ehlinger….IF either one show well in the pre-season, give them the starts. If they all stink (including Hundley), as a last resort I think we reach out to Rivers on a modified contract. He won’t cost any picks and he bridges that 6 weeks for us keeping everything competitive. This allows us to clean our depth chart at QB and actually know what we have.

Stage 2 of this plan is really what the start of the season should have always been: Evaluate if Wentz is the future. If he stinks, then we likely have a top 15 first rounder that we’d be smart to go QB with. If not, ARod is a very real possibility (Adams too), but may have to release some good players to do so.
IF Wentz balls out upon his return, then we use our first rounder to trade back a bit and gain a second or third rounder, thus nullifying what we paid for Wentz and we still know he’s the future.

Gonna be a very interesting season and quite frankly one that will give us lots of valuable answers to roster questions, both on O and D. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nevbot said:

It’s pretty simple what’s going to happen and completely predicated on Wentz injury timetable.

If Wentz goes into surgery soon, and I assume he will, I’m guessing a 5-8 week injury designation and a trip to IR and likely to be back Week 5. Got our first rounder back!

-in the meantime, between Eason/Ehlinger….IF either one show well in the pre-season, give them the starts. If they all stink (including Hundley), as a last resort I think we reach out to Rivers on a modified contract. He won’t cost any picks and he bridges that 6 weeks for us keeping everything competitive. This allows us to clean our depth chart at QB and actually know what we have.

Stage 2 of this plan is really what the start of the season should have always been: Evaluate if Wentz is the future. If he stinks, then we likely have a top 15 first rounder that we’d be smart to go QB with. If not, ARod is a very real possibility (Adams too), but may have to release some good players to do so.
IF Wentz balls out upon his return, then we use our first rounder to trade back a bit and gain a second or third rounder, thus nullifying what we paid for Wentz and we still know he’s the future.

Gonna be a very interesting season and quite frankly one that will give us lots of valuable answers to roster questions, both on O and D. 

Not a very good theory. Yes Colts get a first rounder back but will lose yet another year of a possible SB chance and another year wasting Wentz, the current coaching staff and players.

Me personally Id rather be a top team in the NFL with a chance at a SB and lose a late 1st rounder then waste another year and gain my first back but still lose a early 2nd rounder. The windows are way to short in the NFL. Players and Coaches leave to quick now. Colts have a great chance right now. This option is just wasting that time. 

Also lets be real. When QBs or any player comes back from surgery they dont' "Ball Out" Esp a player/QB in year one with his new team, new coaching staff, new scheme, etc. Wentz would be missing the rest of the offseason and key beginning of the season to gel with his oline, recs etc. This is huge with any QB. 

Have to honest and hope the best situation here is Wentz only misses the preseason only. Me as a Eagles fan Im rooting for Wentz and not for a pick. Makes not difference to me if its a late first or a early 2nd which is what it would be. Im a Wentz and Frank supporter and the only good situation for this team is the statement above. Anything else for this team is just flat out a bad situation. Trying to make any other sense out of this situation is just unrealistic. 

I would think the best situation imaginable would be Wentz misses a game or two in which Eason looks ready for, and balls out. That way we can still see what we have in Wentz and if he fails, fully try the Eason experiment or at least pin him as our perm backup. Until bullets start flying in pre season games, we will know nothing. After game 1 and 2 of pre season we will know exactly how to proceed re: our Qb depth, however the return of the Wentz we hoped for post surgery with no training camp (as you eluded to) probably doesn’t bode well for him.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great thread once again @EastStreet, you always deliver with these type of threads. We really don't know until they say what the injury is though. If it is a broken bone we are screwed. I am hoping he just tweaked something. So I can't predict this one.

Yup, I know we know nothing. This is just letting people channel their inner Nostradamus. It's a good outlet for folks during the times when we lack info.

• Like 1

I went with 1-2 games and after todays update I’m sticking with it. If it was a more serious injury surgery would be the only option not 1/2 options. There’s still 6 weeks until the opener next few days will be critical.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great thread once again @EastStreet, you always deliver with these type of threads. We really don't know until they say what the injury is though. If it is a broken bone we are screwed. I am hoping he just tweaked something. So I can't predict this one.

That didn't stop me from voting. It didn't cost me anything, even if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

If Eason starts the season and plays great at what point do you replace him with a rusty Wentz ? If Eason plays terrible and Ehlinger or Hundly starts the season and plays great at what point do you pull them ?

The nice thing If he plays great and team is winning you don’t have to rush him.

Su

19 hours ago, JediXMan said:

I went with 1-2 games and after todays update I’m sticking with it. If it was a more serious injury surgery would be the only option not 1/2 options. There’s still 6 weeks until the opener next few days will be critical.

So he’s getting Surgery today with the time table being 5-12 weeks. With the season being 6 weeks away I think my prediction of 1-2 games missed is pretty good.