Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby brisett or Nick foles

coltsorioles

2 hours ago, TonyBungee said:

If the price was right, I’d rather have Trubiski.  

I think Foles would have the clear advantage of knowing the playbook as Rivers did and he and Reich know each other very well.  The shorter learning and acclimating curve would be a deciding factor IMO. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I think Foles would have the clear advantage of knowing the playbook as Rivers did and he and Reich know each other very well.  The shorter learning and acclimating curve would be a deciding factor IMO. 

Foles never ran the Frank system/playbook well. 

The Eagles had to change the scheme/system to the read option(Chip Kelly) system when Wentz went down and Foles came in. This was the case for both 2017 and 2018 When the Eagles ran the base system with Foles, he played horrible. It wasnt until Frank had the idea of going back to the film room to see what success Foles had under Kelly which lead to a SB in Philly. brilliant move to be honest. So only way that works is if the Colts have the system team to run that read option offense and Wentz doesnt come back or your changing schemes mid season again. 

If anything they will bring Rivers out of retirement.  That’s about the best they can do. They already will be without a 2nd round pick(if Wentz is down for a long time) they won’t give up more capital.  It’s going to be a virtual rookie or a no name player like Hundley.  I’ve said this before...if Wentz can’t go it doesn’t really matter who is back there. There aren’t even 32 QBs worthy of starting in the league let alone someone available after training camp has started.  

8 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

None of the above.

Does Ballard have Chad Kelly on speed dial?

Chad worked well with Reich and is better than any QB on the roster other than Wentz.

Doesn’t the fact we could have signed Kelky at any point in the off-season — AND HAVEN'T — mean anything?

We signed Morton months ago when we could’ve signed Kelly.    Yesterday,  we signed Hundley when we could’ve signed Kelly.   For whatever reason, we could’ve signed Kelly twice and we passed both times.   His ship would appear to have passed for good. 

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I would rather us try to talk Rivers or Alex Smith out of retirement if we do want to sign a QB for any extended period of time. At this point in time, optics is not as important as the team QB position. 

Rivers is a high school football coach and we saw last year if he’s going to do something he’s all in and he’s not going to walk away from that job.  He had it lined up before he retired.  So Rivers isn’t coming back.  

37 minutes ago, Myles said:

A huge NO to Brissett.   Foles could be an option.  

It's weird that once people see something happen, ie. Foles spelling Wentz in Philly, these two guys names are glued together now and I'm not sure why this being repeated like it's just common sense everywhere. Foles is on his 5th team is it? If he was a guy who could start and succeed during a regular season, it'd be happening. 

There's better options, and nothing is going to keep me from hoping Ballard figures out how to bring in Rodgers next year. That's the move that would make the difference. Everything else looks like a guessing game right now. And getting rid of Wentz after this year isn't going to be huge deal for anyone who wants to go look that up. The team simply needs to know what the think about him by the end of the season. Then they can pick. 

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's weird that once people see something happen, ie. Foles spelling Wentz in Philly, these two guys names are glued together now and I'm not sure why this being repeated like it's just common sense everywhere. Foles is on his 5th team is it? If he was a guy who could start and succeed during a regular season, it'd be happening. 

There's better options, and nothing is going to keep me from hoping Ballard figures out how to bring in Rodgers next year. That's the move that would make the difference. Everything else looks like a guessing game right now. And getting rid of Wentz after this year isn't going to be huge deal for anyone who wants to go look that up. The team simply needs to know what the think about him by the end of the season. Then they can pick. 

I wouldn't target Foles, just keep it as an option.   He is on his 5th team.   He's never started more than 11 games in a season.  

I think I'm leaning towards going with Eason for a couple games if needed.   Ballard and Reich will know which direction to go. 

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

I wouldn't target Foles, just keep it as an option.   He is on his 5th team.   He's never started more than 11 games in a season.  

I think I'm leaning towards going with Eason for a couple games if needed.   Ballard and Reich will know which direction to go. 

I'd go with Eason too, assuming he doesn't implode (which could happen).

This late summer, what's up with the QB in Colts land drama is becoming an annual event.

5 minutes ago, BrickHead said:

A rookie forth round draft pick replaced Tony Romo.

Dak was good in college though, possibly the greatest Bulldog at the position.

Eason hasn't ever been any of any of that. Like he has never shown anything outside of a ceiling. Sure, it's a skyscraper of a ceiling but at some point you have to perform.

2 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Eason hasn't ever been any of any of that. Like he has never shown anything outside of a ceiling. Sure, it's a skyscraper of a ceiling but at some point you have to perform.

Not to mention he’s very much the exception to the rule.  

2 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

And this guy beat Dak in 2015...,

2 passing TDs plus a 20+ yard run for a TD.

1THG.gif

On 7/31/2021 at 1:54 PM, coltsorioles said:

Bringing in either of those guys is a quick fix. Both know the offense and do not need much practice time

Neither , I say we roll with who we have I think we can go .500 without Wentz. Our running game and defenses will be integral in closing out these games.

Archived