Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Brett Hundley (QB)

Colt.45

https://www.colts.com/news/brett-hundley-quarterback-roster-moves-joey-ivie-training-camp-grand-park

Hundley, 6-3, 226 pounds, has played in 18 career games (nine starts) in his time with the Arizona Cardinals (2019-20), Seattle Seahawks (2018) and Green Bay Packers (2015-17) and has completed 199-of-337 passes for 1,902 yards with nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He has compiled 46 carries for 309 yards and two touchdowns. Hundley has also appeared in one postseason contest. He was originally selected by the Packers in the fifth round (147th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.

• Colt.45 changed the title to Colts sign Brett Hundley (QB)
13 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

hundley is curtis painter 2.0  i watched him play in green bay when rodgers went down .  it was like watching paint dry couldnt move the ball at all .

Good. Let’s get that 1 back and have it be the number 1 pick. 

I think signing Hundley is nothing more than a QB for camp to make sure Eason and Ehlinger don't get too comfortable. 

If Wentz is going to miss regular season games i'll be surprised if the Colts don't trade for Foles.

I don’t get the obsession for trading for another QB if Wentz misses games.  Best to just take the lumps and if a dumpster fire season bag the good first rounder.  Already down a pick, why give up more.  Unlikely Foles or any other available QB would get the Colts anywhere special.

36 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am actually excited to see Eason and some of them play.

We have a dozen very young players to get excited about.
 Absolutely Eason, Ehlinger sounds scrappy, Hundley seems like a right kind of guy for the situation.
Wentz out, Kelly out, just means more practice for guys Ballard has plans for. There is a plus to getting as many guys ready for next man up.

24 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

With this line, if it manages to do well and run well, Easons weaknesses could be masked quite a bit. Good for his development. I have no qualms with Eason as day one starter this season. 

i suspect he would do about as well or better than Manning did in year one.

Meh. 

I actually though he might turn out to be a decent when he was in college, but his passing just never evolved. Had a pretty good run at UCLA. His starts at GB were pretty ugly most times though.

Might be a better or equal prospect when compared to SE, but I still like JE to land the job if CW is out for games.

I'm taking this signing to mean they think they get Wentz back at some point and just need a camp arm.  Good sign IMO and have my fingers crossed here.

Re: Ehlinger have always liked his compete.  He might have a nice career ahead as a backup QB at this level.  

One on hand (and I said this yesterday) Morton was… well he was not good. Definitely not ready to be a backup, nowhere near ready to play against starters. So maybe they’re just getting ready to replace him. 

On the other hand, I don’t like the idea of potentially being a a position where we need to upgrade our third string QB because we might actually need him…

girls look GIF

I sort of think they should have brought Chad Kelly back. At least he already has a grasp on the offense. I mean if your true intention is to just bring in a body to compete with Eason. Hundley is probably only a couple notches better if that.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I sort of think they should have brought Chad Kelly back. At least he already has a grasp on the offense. I mean if your true intention is to just bring in a body to compete with Eason. Hundley is probably only a couple notches better if that.

Lets not start that again.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'd prefer CK to BH.... 

38 minutes ago, krunk said:

If Chad Kelly was half as good as some think he is (not saying you are one of those people) he would be on a NFL roster.  The reality is he’s just not good enough for the NFL.

12 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He did a media presser. Just as I suspected we were planning on signing him before the Wentz injury.

Yup, I figured it was already in the works. It's just not that easy to sign a guy that fast. 

You always need 3-5 QBs at camp so I didn't look at his signing as any sort of "answer" to anything beyond an arm to throw. 

I think BH is a guy in the mold of SE to an extent, and battle it out for #3.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, I figured it was already in the works. It's just not that easy to sign a guy that fast. 

You always need 3-5 QBs at camp so I didn't look at his signing as any sort of "answer" to anything beyond an arm to throw. 

I think BH is a guy in the mold of SE to an extent, and battle it out for #3.

They could of signed him that fast but  with the covid protocols he couldn’t of past protocols that fast to be on the field.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

They could of signed him that fast but  with the covid protocols he couldn’t of past protocols that fast to be on the field.

IIRC, all signings require physicals, so it takes some time. Not saying they can't do remote-physical quickly, but add that on to agents and legal, and it takes more than a day.

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

He already cleared covid protocols and is at practice. Maybe this was a signing they were going to make either way.

It was, Hundley said it was scheduled before Wentz got hurt per interview on colts podcast

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Good stuff here. He's probably better than Morton honestly. Let them all throw today and see what they got. As of now, Hundley could be the best guy besides Wentz, and he's free. Good camp signing. Maybe he surprises.

Hope not if he is we in trouble. He is like Scott tolzien

Kaepernick is better than ALL these backups and everybody knows it. What a shame he got blackballed by the league for doing the right thing and standing up for injustice. Is it an understanding among owners/coaches now that he is off limits? His career got politicized for his American right to protest. NFL even admitted they were wrong, but nobody will touch him. Sad.

2 hours ago, presto123 said:

Kaepernick is better than ALL these backups and everybody knows it. What a shame he got blackballed by the league for doing the right thing and standing up for injustice. Is it an understanding among owners/coaches now that he is off limits? His career got politicized for his American right to protest. NFL even admitted they were wrong, but nobody will touch him. Sad.

IDK man. I really don't care about the politics. I just never thought he was that good. His last two years, he had sub 50 QBRs, which is just plain bad. And career wise, he's even below a 60% completion rate. He had a couple decent years but never great. And he didn't seem to interested in trying out for a few teams. Turned into a circus. 

3 hours ago, presto123 said:

I’d say at one point he was and who knows maybe he still is but he’s been out of football for so long I am not sure he’s who I would want to trust my team to when the QB position is so shaky at the moment regardless of my thoughts on the political part of it (for the record I had no issue with what Kap did).  

Archived