Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp day 4-7/31


JediXMan
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

I think Indy is actually a good spot for Eason, or more specifically Eason's weaknesses. He doesn't have to worry a lot about protection (once Fisher is back), and he has a lot better pass catching options than he had at WA. And a lot better running game to rely on. So really all those things should help him settle in, and think less. He's never going to be a mobile dual threat guy, and we really don't need him to be. As long as he improve his pocket awareness and settle in with his supporting talent, I think he'd be every bit as good as JB was in 2019.

We have similar thoughts...I believe Eason is in the perfect spot for him as well.  Strong offensive line, strong running game, sound coaching, and a plethora of receiving options coupled with, I believe, to be a strong defense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Gonna grab a Moore ii jersey soon. 

 

Does anyone know why a lot of the jerseys are not offered in white? 

Politics? lol....

 

I think I'm going to get a Nelson and/or Pittman jersey next time I'm back in Indy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

I prefer the all white uniform. 

I like both but Blue is my choice if I have to decide betwixt them.  It is amazing how that iconic uniform has changed little in all these years.:thmup:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WentzinRome said:

We have similar thoughts...I believe Eason is in the perfect spot for him as well.  Strong offensive line, strong running game, sound coaching, and a plethora of receiving options coupled with, I believe, to be a strong defense.

If he can just steadily build/develop, I think he'll make a fine backup QB. Just not sure he has the vision or football IQ to really compete long term at starter. But he does have the physical tools. He can learn the other stuff hopefully.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I hope this idea sticks. We, the fans, loved every minute of it. 

Injured guys like Fisher, Wentz, Moore, Leonard, etc.. should be spending the entire practice signing footballs lol... assuming they've done all of their physical therapy of course.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Injured guys like Fisher, Wentz, Moore, Leonard, etc.. should be spending the entire practice signing footballs lol... assuming they've done all of their physical therapy of course.

I like that idea actually. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

 

 

That was actually pretty decent coverage. A well timed back shoulder is almost impossible to defend, and Pittman has like 5 inches in RYS lol... 

 

It was actually decent, I was just going for the easy joke.  It was a perfect throw to a WR who’s a lot bigger than the DB. 
 

I just hope we don’t see Rock one on one will Julio, DK, or any of those types. He better have safety help at a minimum.  
 

Besides, if that was a real game, Rock would have held him at the start of the route. (Okay, I’ll quit now). 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

I'm going to guess the team has all the information/input from Dr. Anderson by now.

So the silence at this point might be bad news. Likely trying to decide how to spin things with coachspeak. 

I'm guessing they want Frank to give the news, so they are waiting till Monday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Kind of like you just need to be a little patient with him. Might take him a week or too to adjust up game speed.

 

 

 


 

People forget that Eason had 0 playing time last year because there was no pre season… Give the dude some time. Lol

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eberflus talked about how he likes what he is seeing from the pass rush but don’t look too much into it. He said the oline can’t block as much when their are no pads. He said until you put pads on it’s hard to tell how good they are doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bravo4460 said:


 

People forget that Eason had 0 playing time last year because there was no pre season… Give the dude some time. Lol

He has basically had no practice reps  since late 2019 at WA. He will continue to get better the more reps he gets and more coverages he sees.  Some of it is just rust. Nothing 6 weeks can’t cure.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

He has basically had no practice reps  since late 2019 at WA. He will continue to get better the more reps he gets and more coverages he sees.  Some of it is just rust. Nothing 6 weeks can’t cure.

good take 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, WentzinRome said:

Because whites are away jerseys???  Good question.

 

Yeah but why can't I wear an away jersey? I already have a Blue one so I wanted a White one. Just looks different and can be worn with other stuff. Plus I think the white looks super clean. But when I go to buy a jersey the only white one offered is the custom jersey and I don't wanna do that. I just want to be able to buy a white kenny moore jersey. or a hines jersey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I know Rock gets a lot of slack lol, but him having to defend big guys like Pittman,  or fast guys like TY and Campbell, will help him tremendously. Even reps against big bodies like Patmon and Strachan, or any of the TEs are valuable. But he's just not going to win much when he's trying to defend a perfect pass to a 6-4+ guys. 

Exactly. He'd better be ready for Brown and Julio.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Frank could video chat if that were the driver. 

Very true, we just haven't heard much on frank since they said he was positive which makes me think there is some type of protocol of not having a covid positive person talk to the media. So I'm just spitballing but it seems like they will want Reich to deliver the news and answer questions instead of Flus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we could put Eason's arm on Sam's body we would have a pro Bowler...just saying. I think it will be a close battle with Hundly kept as vet backup and Morton on P.S. Eason has more upside but Sam may be able to win games Jacobs cant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Yeah but why can't I wear an away jersey? I already have a Blue one so I wanted a White one. Just looks different and can be worn with other stuff. Plus I think the white looks super clean. But when I go to buy a jersey the only white one offered is the custom jersey and I don't wanna do that. I just want to be able to buy a white kenny moore jersey. or a hines jersey. 

I agree, just was trying to give a possible reason?  I am not sure why you can't have both?  It would double sales, lol!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

If we could put Eason's arm on Sam's body we would have a pro Bowler...just saying. I think it will be a close battle with Hundly kept as vet backup and Morton on P.S. Eason has more upside but Sam may be able to win games Jacobs cant

Not necessary Eason can make throws on the move to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Very true, we just haven't heard much on frank since they said he was positive which makes me think there is some type of protocol of not having a covid positive person talk to the media. So I'm just spitballing but it seems like they will want Reich to deliver the news and answer questions instead of Flus. 

I think it was Ballard that said Frank was asymptomatic and still very involved. He's just involved from home lol. 

I agree though that Reich is the best person to break the news. Or Ballard.

All in all, I think they're simply in no rush to share... And I feel like if was positive news, they would have put it out there already.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think it was Ballard that said Frank was asymptomatic and still very involved. He's just involved from home lol. 

I agree though that Reich is the best person to break the news. Or Ballard.

All in all, I think they're simply in no rush to share... And I feel like if was positive news, they would have put it out there already.

Agreed. I think too they may be more patient with this than they were with Andrew Luck. The worst possible thing they could do right now is come out and say everything is fine and put a timeline on it, only for it to go the other way. I feel that’s where they messed up and where Andrew messed up two years ago now.  I’m fine with them slow walking this, as long as they’re up front in the end

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

Did Eason run the scout team last year during the season?

No it was  Brissett. He really didn’t get any actual practice reps. Most of his was just throwing and warning up.  He might of a couple times  if I recall bur  it was most Jacoby. So really this is the first time he is going up against a defense since late 2019 when he was in college.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Not necessary Eason can make throws on the move to.

Sam has a big advantage in rushing skills, Eason had negative yards per carry in college at minus 1.5 yards and 2 rushing tds while Sam 1,903 yards (3.3 per) and 33 rushing tds. Sam had 36.5 vertical jump vs Jacob's 27.5. Night and day that way but also Sam's ability to read defenses is much better, his experience in games played at the college level also night and day. Jacob has a canon of an arm.......thats what he has over Ehlinger......put that arm on Sam and you have a long time starter and Pro Bowler.....a shame it doesnt work that way. Its going to be a close competition  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EastStreet said:

haven't caught up, but any mention today regarding Patmon or Strachan? Or Harris or Dulin?

Havent heard  anything on Patmon or Dulin. Only a few  bits about  Strachan yesterday.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WentzinRome said:

I agree, just was trying to give a possible reason?  I am not sure why you can't have both?  It would double sales, lol!

 

Over time, I have collected both blue and white jerseys:

#32 - Edgerrin James (blue)

#21 - Bob Sanders (white)

#51 - Pat Angerer (blue)

#56 - Quenton Nelson (blue)

#14 - Bilbo Baggins (blue)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

haven't caught up, but any mention today regarding Patmon or Strachan? Or Harris or Dulin?

I noticed Strachan making some good catches on the 1 on 1s and Patmon had a pretty good day from what I saw. 
 

The top four are much further ahead though: TY, Parris, Michael and Zach really separated themselves from everyone else today. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RollerColt said:

I noticed Strachan making some good catches on the 1 on 1s and Patmon had a pretty good day from what I saw. 
 

The top four are much further ahead though: TY, Parris, Michael and Zach really separated themselves from everyone else today. 

Thank you kind sir.

I kinda figured the top 4 are pretty clear. I'm really interested in the 5th and 6th spots. 

Strachan vs Patmon (my money is on Strachan)

and 

Harris vs Dulin (I have zero clue on this one).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Thank you kind sir.

I kinda figured the top 4 are pretty clear. I'm really interested in the 5th and 6th spots. 

Strachan vs Patmon (my money is on Strachan)

and 

Harris vs Dulin (I have zero clue on this one).

I’ll say this: Strachan was noticeable on the field quite a bit. And not just because of his stature. He was turning heads on some of the drills. I hope he continues to put in the work because he’s clearly got the talent.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’ll say this: Strachan was noticeable on the field quite a bit. And not just because of his stature. He was turning heads on some of the drills. I hope he continues to put in the work because he’s clearly got the talent.

He just looks physical as hell. And a lot more polished than most guys coming from small schools. 

Patmon to me is more of a glider, and just not a my-ball kind of guy. 

 

I'd love to be able to line up both Pittman and Strachan in the RZ (along with MAC).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s going to take a good 2 to 3 weeks to fully evaluate Eason. By the time the panthers practices roll around we will have a much better idea in him.

I don’t think fans will really have an idea of him until he plays a game.  I think the coaches will know a lot sooner.

 

Regardless he has one heck of an opportunity right now and one he might not get again so I hope he takes advantage of it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think fans will really have an idea of him until he plays a game.  I think the coaches will know a lot sooner.

 

Regardless he has one heck of an opportunity right now and one he might not get again so I hope he takes advantage of it.

I just meant we should see significant improvements by then.  Hopefully the next two weeks we see visible results each day in camp. Then we know he is on a good path. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I know.  Some people seem to need the Cliff notes when they come on here. Cap money...... hilarious. That was so 2020.
    • Seems like you described Wilkins more than Mack.   However, if JT, Hines, or Wilkins gets injured, i would feel better with Mack on the team.  Love Mack, just dont see aburst, and doubt we’re being offered much.   From that standpoint , i like the insurance of our 4 backs.  This season anyway.  Run game is too important.
    • https://www.chargers.com/news/chargers-sign-dustin-hopkins   The guy who "beat out" Michael Badgley in training camp has himself been replaced: Dustin Hopkins in, Tristan Vizcaino out!   Kinda reminds me of when the Bolts cut their veteran kicker Josh Lambo in favor of Younghoe Koo, only to cut Koo after only 4 weeks.
    • Homer in a Leonard jersey would be the funniest thing ever. I know I am nerd when it comes to crap like this  . I am glad you a part of this site, guys like you and @NewColtsFan and @Wentzszn keep things flowing like a well oiled machine. I am grateful for people like @jvan1973 and @Gramz too, when I was new they treated me like a vet in here. I am not going to name everyone but there are least 20 other people in here that are awesome. I hope @Jared CisnerosBraves win the WS, it is 1-1 right now. Best of 5 now. @NFLfan has been a great friend and great person go captain Kirk , @HOZERwas my side kick on the baseball thread doing play by play when the Cubs were bad butts,@Jay Kirk - thanks for the baseball threads and @Mylesand @PrincetonTigerwith all of his Gifs  . I need to stop because I am sounding like Magic with his dream team speech  . @Mel Kiper's Hairfor having that fine hair time and time again talking about the ladies lol. @PuntersArePeopleToofor being the young gun that knows his stuff.   Last but not least @Nadine and @Superman and @RockThatBlueholding the fort down in here. One more thing @Gavinwe all miss you brother, you loved the Colts, Pacers, and Hakeem Olajuwon with that great D and foot work. 
    • He has been very bad in pass pro every game, including last week. Plenty of vids/tweets out there of him getting boat raced and just beat. I'd absolutely let Pryor get some reps, especially if we're at a point we need to pass. Pryor has done very well since stepping in. No sacks, and good grades, and has went against some decent comp.   And before last week, his grade was 6th best at T in the league. Not sure where it is now, but that's pretty darn good. And if you want him to be your swing guy down the road, you need to know he can play LT if needed. And I just can't see him doing much worse in pass pro. If he's not good, you can always pull him and stop the experiment. It's not like an all or nothing move.
  • Members

    • WoolMagnet

      WoolMagnet 3,518

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • J@son

      J@son 1,072

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 11,225

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • adubb84

      adubb84 472

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 14,419

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 9,700

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ShuteAt168

      ShuteAt168 24

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colt Overseas

      Colt Overseas 955

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...