Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp day 4-7/31


JediXMan
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

 

 

Wow, great throw on that one. Look how early he let the ball go, perfect back shoulder throw. Was that Eason? Nice body control by Pittman too

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

jim irsay is supposed to speak to the media today i hope he tells the truth .  the specialist already look over wentz foot the colts are just waiting for no reason now .   this forum will go off if jimmy from the colts does not tell the truth

As much as fans don’t want to hear this they don’t have to tell you how long he will be out and given that they gave time line with Luck that turned out to be completely wrong they might not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gregr507 said:

 

Wow, great throw on that one. Look how early he let the ball go, perfect back shoulder throw. Was that Eason? Nice body control by Pittman too

Yep, that was #9. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Yep, that was #9. 

 

Thought so, well that's certainly encouraging. Seems we posted very similar comments up above, you wizarded me by a few seconds though lol. Great minds and all

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wentzszn said:

He looks so slow. 

His speed is okay, but his awareness is apparently still a big problem. He should be watching his assignment, and adjusting to what they're doing. There's a mental aspect that he's just not processing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:


Good to know that Rock is back to game level play.  

 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He looks so slow. 

 

That was actually pretty decent coverage. A well timed back shoulder is almost impossible to defend, and Pittman has like 5 inches in RYS lol... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

His speed is okay, but his awareness is apparently still a big problem. He should be watching his assignment, and adjusting to what they're doing. There's a mental aspect that he's just not processing. 

IDK. Coverage on that wasn't bad at all. Pittman at 6-4+ should be nearly automatic on back shoulders and come backs. He should be pretty automatic in the RZ too which has me excited to finally have a legit XWR

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

IDK. Coverage on that wasn't bad at all. Pittman at 6-4+ should be nearly automatic on back shoulders and come backs. He should be pretty automatic in the RZ too which has me excited to finally have a legit XWR

 

Agree with your take here. Obviously there are concerns about Rock, but I don't think you can blame him too much on that play. A perfect throw and catch by a guy Pittman's size is almost impossible to defend. Just a great offensive play

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The good from camp so far.

Turay has his explosiveness back 


Banogu is looking like he has taken a step forward. He never really showed flashes in camp backed.

 

Paye is getting better everyday 

Lewis has been great 

 

Bad

Wentz and Kelly’s injuries 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gregr507 said:

 

Agree with your take here. Obviously there are concerns about Rock, but I don't think you can blame him too much on that play. A perfect throw and catch by a guy Pittman's size is almost impossible to defend. Just a great offensive play

Yup. Not saying Rock isn't, or won't struggle, but Pittman is going to terrorize some DBs this year (assumes we have the QB and timing).

 

I haven't looked at the TY bomb yet where RYS got beat, but I have to ask why wasn't there Safety help on a 50 yard bomb. Where was Blackmon? I really doubt we had multiple deep verts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The good from camp so far.

Turay has his explosiveness back 


Banogu is looking like he has taken a step forward. He never really showed flashes in camp backed.

 

Paye is getting better everyday 

Lewis has been great 

 

Bad

Wentz and Kelly’s injuries 

I'd add that Oke sounds to be putting his sophomore slump behind him. I've seen several mentions about how well he's playing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. Not saying Rock isn't, or won't struggle, but Pittman is going to terrorize some DBs this year (assumes we have the QB and timing).

 

I haven't looked at the TY bomb yet where RYS got beat, but I have to ask why wasn't there Safety help on a 50 yard bomb. Where was Blackmon? I really doubt we had multiple deep verts. 

The nice thing is even if it’s Eason he has thrown a lot with Pittman the last year in the offseason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

The nice thing is even if it’s Eason he has thrown a lot with Pittman the last year in the offseason.

I've said for some time now, Pittman is going to be a beast. Ballard has been trying to solve for XWR for a while now, and I think Pittman is the answer. I still wish we would have grabbed Claypool, but Pittman was my 2nd fav even if he is a USC guy lol. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IDK. Coverage on that wasn't bad at all. Pittman at 6-4+ should be nearly automatic on back shoulders and come backs. He should be pretty automatic in the RZ too which has me excited to finally have a legit XWR

Very true. The execution on that play was close to perfect. The only thing Rock could've done was raise his hand slightly earlier and hope for a lucky block. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Very true. The execution on that play was close to perfect. The only thing Rock could've done was raise his hand slightly earlier and hope for a lucky block. 

I know Rock gets a lot of slack lol, but him having to defend big guys like Pittman,  or fast guys like TY and Campbell, will help him tremendously. Even reps against big bodies like Patmon and Strachan, or any of the TEs are valuable. But he's just not going to win much when he's trying to defend a perfect pass to a 6-4+ guys. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given our current QB situation, I went back and looked at a little more tape from Eason in college. Granted they were mostly highlights, so they probably didn't really show his issues. But I noticed he has more touch than he's usually given credit for. Sure, he has a cannon, and lots of the plays were deep shots, but there were quite a few nice throws that required some finesse too. The play posted above with the throw to Pittman is really exciting, not only because we finally (hopefully) have the big WR who can make plays that we've lacked for a long time, but because it shows some of the types of throws that Eason is capable of making

 

Edit - also wanted to thank Wentzszn for the constant updates, much appreciated!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gregr507 said:

Given our current QB situation, I went back and looked at a little more tape from Eason in college. Granted they were mostly highlights, so they probably didn't really show his issues. But I noticed he has more touch than he's usually given credit for. Sure, he has a cannon, and lots of the plays were deep shots, but there were quite a few nice throws that required some finesse too. The play posted above with the throw to Pittman is really exciting, not only because we finally (hopefully) have the big WR who can make plays that we've lacked for a long time, but because it shows some of the types of throws that Eason is capable of making

 

Not sure there was a concern about touch. The bags on him were 1) pocket presence/awareness, 2) progressions, and 3) mobility. He's been sacked a few times so #s 1 and 3 sound like they still need work, but a few of the vids I saw looked decent at progressions. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

 

Not sure there was a concern about touch. The bags on him were 1) pocket presence/awareness, 2) progressions, and 3) mobility. He's been sacked a few times so #s 1 and 3 sound like they still need work, but a few of the vids I saw looked decent at progressions. 

 

Yeah my point wasn't necessarily that there were concerns about his lack of touch or anything, just that you don't really hear about it much considering he's more known for having a big arm. It was nice to see some of the throws he can make. Although I definitely get your point, his arm talent has never really been the concern

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eason said he sat down with Eberflus and they talked about defensive coverage. Eberflus says he does that with all the QB.

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

And he looks pretty good. 

We’re you there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gregr507 said:

 

Yeah my point wasn't necessarily that there were concerns about his lack of touch or anything, just that you don't really hear about it much considering he's more known for having a big arm. It was nice to see some of the throws he can make. Although I definitely get your point, his arm talent has never really been the concern

 

I think Indy is actually a good spot for Eason, or more specifically Eason's weaknesses. He doesn't have to worry a lot about protection (once Fisher is back), and he has a lot better pass catching options than he had at WA. And a lot better running game to rely on. So really all those things should help him settle in, and think less. He's never going to be a mobile dual threat guy, and we really don't need him to be. As long as he improve his pocket awareness and settle in with his supporting talent, I think he'd be every bit as good as JB was in 2019.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

 

I think Indy is actually a good spot for Eason, or more specifically Eason's weaknesses. He doesn't have to worry a lot about protection (once Fisher is back), and he has a lot better pass catching options than he had at WA. And a lot better running game to rely on. So really all those things should help him settle in, and think less. He's never going to be a mobile dual threat guy, and we really don't need him to be. As long as he improve his pocket awareness and settle in with his supporting talent, I think he'd be every bit as good as JB was in 2019.

I'm not sold that Fisher is going to be a considerable upgrade right a way. Whoeever is at QB the first half of the season, maybe even the first two-thirds should expect trouble on that side. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

I'm not sold that Fisher is going to be a considerable upgrade right a way. Whoeever is at QB the first half of the season, maybe even the first two-thirds should expect trouble on that side. 

Sure, but I think we'll do some of the obvious things, like run a lot, chip, keep a TE or RB in, etc.. 

 

Wasn't really a huge fan of the Fisher deal to be honest. Hope it works out though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Eason said he sat down with Eberflus and they talked about defensive coverage. Eberflus says he does that with all the QB.

We’re you there?

Yeah, it was pretty packed. 

 

For what it's worth: the team acted business as usual today, and no one seemed panicked from what I could tell. That could mean nothing, or something... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah, it was pretty packed. 

 

For what it's worth: the team acted business as usual today, and no one seemed panicked from what I could tell. That could mean nothing, or something... 

Seems  that this team never panics. That’s why they probably adjust so well to anything that happens. 
 

Maybe Fisher will be practicing in a couple weeks. That would be about the 8 month mark which seems like the correct timeline. If he can practice in a couple weeks he might be able to play game one.  Mack said he was almost fully recovered in March.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Forgot another good thing. Fisher was working on the side with trainers. That is one step forward to getting back.

Keep up the good work. I'm too old and lazy so your posts are appreciated.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Seems  that this team never panics. That’s why they probably adjust so well to anything that happens. 
 

Maybe Fisher will be practicing in a couple weeks. That would be about the 8 month mark which seems like the correct timeline. If he can practice in a couple weeks he might be able to play game one.  Mack said he was almost fully recovered in March.

He looked fit and in high spirits. Being back on the field clearly helps. No idea how he feels, but it's encouraging to seem him out there. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Hurt again. Strange how you never hear of him being made of glass even though he seems to be hurt every year.
    • I know.  Some people seem to need the Cliff notes when they come on here. Cap money...... hilarious. That was so 2020.
    • Seems like you described Wilkins more than Mack.   However, if JT, Hines, or Wilkins gets injured, i would feel better with Mack on the team.  Love Mack, just dont see aburst, and doubt we’re being offered much.   From that standpoint , i like the insurance of our 4 backs.  This season anyway.  Run game is too important.
    • https://www.chargers.com/news/chargers-sign-dustin-hopkins   The guy who "beat out" Michael Badgley in training camp has himself been replaced: Dustin Hopkins in, Tristan Vizcaino out!   Kinda reminds me of when the Bolts cut their veteran kicker Josh Lambo in favor of Younghoe Koo, only to cut Koo after only 4 weeks.
    • Homer in a Leonard jersey would be the funniest thing ever. I know I am nerd when it comes to crap like this  . I am glad you a part of this site, guys like you and @NewColtsFan and @Wentzszn keep things flowing like a well oiled machine. I am grateful for people like @jvan1973 and @Gramz too, when I was new they treated me like a vet in here. I am not going to name everyone but there are least 20 other people in here that are awesome. I hope @Jared CisnerosBraves win the WS, it is 1-1 right now. Best of 5 now. @NFLfan has been a great friend and great person go captain Kirk , @HOZERwas my side kick on the baseball thread doing play by play when the Cubs were bad butts,@Jay Kirk - thanks for the baseball threads and @Mylesand @PrincetonTigerwith all of his Gifs  . I need to stop because I am sounding like Magic with his dream team speech  . @Mel Kiper's Hairfor having that fine hair time and time again talking about the ladies lol. @PuntersArePeopleToofor being the young gun that knows his stuff.   Last but not least @Nadine and @Superman and @RockThatBlueholding the fort down in here. One more thing @Gavinwe all miss you brother, you loved the Colts, Pacers, and Hakeem Olajuwon with that great D and foot work. 
  • Members

    • Hammer

      Hammer 172

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • J@son

      J@son 1,072

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Melancholie

      Melancholie 3

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Matabix

      Matabix 141

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SteelCityColt

      SteelCityColt 4,883

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 9,700

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solon

      Solon 111

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...