Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz Injury Thread

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

Stupid? Calm down son.

Did you miss what I said about Luck masking roster deficiencies?

What exactly was difficult to grasp in my post? 

Your post was fictional. If I want fiction I'll watch cartoons. One more FACT you missed the teams that go to the Super Bowl are not always the most talented

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I'm just guessing, but I've seen this movie before.

Just get the surgery. The odds that the rehab reaggravates, especially given his prior injury history... 

I want Rodgers next year. 

Wentz’s salary for 2022 is guaranteed.

23 and 24 are not.    So odds are very high we are married to Wentz for one more year.   We won’t be able to trade Wentz with that number, and we wouldn’t be able to take on Rodgers at the number he will want.   Also, I believe Rodgers will be able to pick the team he wants to go to.   For all of those reasons, I wouldn’t look for Rodgers to end up here. 

Just saying….  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

i think us colt fans are just scared  from the luck injuries .  when a mild ankle injury turns into retirement for luck now colts fans are panicking  over wentz.   the colts are known for down playing a injury acting like everything is fine then all the sudden they say out for the season .

I predict Carson will rest for 3 weeks....then announce his retirement.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Chris Ballard is not going to trade any more draft capital on the QB position. You can take that to the bank. He will either ride Eason or Sam or some vet FA. But he’s not trading for Foles or any other QB. 

You may be right, but I wouldn’t bet that at all.    Not a dollar.    Everyone covering the team says if Eason can’t be the backup, they’ll find a veteran after cut downs….

But that was the thinking if Eason was the backup.   I’m not sure Ballard will want to turn over a month or more to a guy he can sign after getting cut in early September?   I think he’d want a better player than that,  whether it’s Foles or someone else.  And if he has to pay a 5 or even a 4 for a decent QB who might be able to win a few games — so be it.  It’s the cost of doing business if you’re trying to make the playoffs. 

None of this is a prediction.  I just wouldn’t rule it out until we know more. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You may be right, but I wouldn’t bet that at all.    Not a dollar.    Everyone covering the team says if Eason can’t be the backup, they’ll find a veteran after cut downs….

But that was the thinking if Eason was the backup.   I’m not sure Ballard will want to turn over a month or more to a guy he can sign after getting cut in early September?   I think he’d want a better player than that,  whether it’s Foles or someone else.  And if he has to pay a 5 or even a 4 for a decent QB who might be able to win a few games — so be it.  It’s the cost of doing business if you’re trying to make the playoffs. 

None of this is a prediction.  I just wouldn’t rule it out until we know more. 

If Wentz was going to miss half the season then I could see it. But just a couple maybe not.

I had to laugh at a tweet I saw. We are all like get the surgery because it always ends up bad. They go Umm Brady rehabbed and waited to have surgery and won the SB. Thought that was funny.

12 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If Wentz was going to miss half the season then I could see it. But just a couple maybe not.

I had to laugh at a tweet I saw. We are all like get the surgery because it always ends up bad. They go Umm Brady rehabbed and waited to have surgery and won the SB. Thought that was funny.

Remember….   Every injury is unique.   Even the exact same injury is different for every player because every player reacts differently to injury, surgery and rehab. 

Translation:   Just because Brady was able to do what he did, doesn’t mean everyone can.  Each circumstance is different. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember….   Every injury is unique.   Even the exact same injury is different for every player because every player reacts differently to injury, surgery and rehab. 

Translation:   Just because Brady was able to do what he did, doesn’t mean everyone can.  Each circumstance is different. 

Yes I know. The point was everyone was like just get it because it always goes bad. But like you said everyone is different but it does show sometimes the conservative approach does work.

Just for those pushing for surgery now, Rehabbing is usually always the best option when compared to surgery when you have the option. surgery usually has a quicker recovery time but the structure will be weaker.

3 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Sprains require surgery all the time.  A sprain is a tear, severe sprains not uncommonly heal better with surgery.

What tendon or ligament in the foot or ankle are typically treated with surgery?  I can't think of any

2 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

What kinda shoes are they making our QBs wear??? May wanna start thinkn bout changing brands!:dunno:

Pretty sure that isn't the issue

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Don’t know if anybody else saw on NFL network where Carson is electing to rehab instead of surgery and is hoping to play week 1.

My apologies if it was mentioned before.

The last few pages

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I figured this was part of it,  they have to know their fan base has PTSD from Luck and they don’t want to do that again.  

Best to have the correct info and give the correct timeline so it doesn’t bite them in the Butt. If they gave wrong info it would look like they were lying.  We aren’t in the Luck territory yet.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Your post was fictional. If I want fiction I'll watch cartoons. One more FACT you missed the teams that go to the Super Bowl are not always the most talented

Point out specifics. 

And you're making some bikram yoga stretches here. 

Ok, so if he has surgery and he won’t be ready for the season that’s a minimum recovery of 4-5 weeks. 

So if he still needs it in the end then we’re going to be without him for nearly a three quarters of the season, I assume?

I just…. I’m still having a hard time believing this whole thing is real. This QB ordeal was finally supposed to be over. 

So What No GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Ok, so if he has surgery and he won’t be ready for the season that’s a minimum recovery of 4-5 weeks. 

So if he still needs it in the end then we’re going to be without him for nearly a three quarters of the season, I assume?

I just…. I’m still having a hard time believing this whole thing is real. This QB ordeal was finally supposed to be over. 

So What No GIF

This is why everyone is saying just get the surgery. Because deciding you need it in the middle of the season would be bad. We have six weeks so he has a long window here to rehab. I don’t think they are going to wait long to decide. Just a few days. But the bad thing is what if it gets better and he plays game one then he can’t play. Surgery is probably a 7 week recovery. 

25 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I figured this was part of it,  they have to know their fan base has PTSD from Luck and they don’t want to do that again.  

I’m still in the camp that Luck wasn’t a forth coming with anyone on that and thus forced the Colts to have to deal with a huge pr nightmare

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is why everyone is saying just get the surgery. Because deciding you need it in the middle of the season would be bad. We have six weeks so he has a long window here to rehab. I don’t think they are going to wait long to decide. Just a few days. But the bad thing is what if it gets better and he plays game one then he can’t play. Surgery is probably a 7 week recovery. 

Then we see Eason either way

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah, I have seen guys like Steve Young back in the 90's (he ran a lot) take a pounding and they never miss games. It is a mind set, when you play in the NFL unless it is something like a broken bone, Achilles, etc.. you play. My point is here lately, I have notice guys just step wrong and get injured. Another Steve, Steve McNair is the definition of toughness. He played through all kinds of pain. I loved Rivers, his leadership and durability are priceless + he was good last year. Before last season started I predicted 10-6 just because we had him and he said hold my beer 2006, I went 11-5. lmao 

Ever see the MNF game highlights in the late 70's colts vs Washington?... this is what you described......bert jones in enormous pain with a separated right shoulder throwing lasers and willing his team to victory.

https://youtu.be/8Hc23_J5rOU

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Just for those pushing for surgery now, Rehabbing is usually always the best option when compared to surgery when you have the option. surgery usually has a quicker recovery time but the structure will be weaker.

Most doctors will always opt for rehab first as it is the less invasive option and only use surgery as a last resort.

But like others have said what if he tries rehab first and 5 weeks from now decides to get surgery? He'd miss most of the season

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Most doctors will always opt for rehab first as it is the less invasive option and only use surgery as a last resort.

But like others have said what if he tries rehab first and 5 weeks from now decides to get surgery? He'd miss most of the season

Well most doctors who aren't surgeons lol.

On to the question it is a risk, but they will be keeping a close eye on the healing process and I would be more worried about him coming back to quick and re-injuring the foot than them waiting 5 weeks and then doing surgery.

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I mean…

Stare Staring GIF

This was all supposed to be over… 

Lol I don’t know or even predict that Eason has what it takes, or if he’ll be good or bad. I just want to see if Reich is this supposed QB whisper that he has this reputation for. Whether that’s Eason or Sam or even Chad Kelly. I’d just like to see if he can develop a rookie QB

If any fan still harbors any negativity towards Andrew Luck, they do that as a personal choice. I don't give a rats south end how much anyone feels they can lay blame on an event that is past for their emotions down the road. This very life we live in is a lifelong lesson in "moving on". 

Of course, like I said, it is a choice. My best friend said something to me that has stuck with me for 30 years. He said, after 6 months of facing a traumatic event, any anger, frustration, blaming, or whatever emotions you may have about what happened? Stand naked in front a mirror, and point at that person. they now choose every one of those feelings. 

IF anyone feels I am saying that you are wrong for having those feelings, that would be incorrect. I'm saying it is a choice. I am saying blame can fit like an old glove. Maybe one day, there will be a choice to not put that glove on anymore.

May 10, 2017 

Know what date that is? That is the last time any NFL team other than the Colts made the decision to sign Chad Kelly. Considering how many teams have been short a QB, it might serve to ponder that date. 

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

If any fan still harbors any negativity towards Andrew Luck, they do that as a personal choice. I don't give a rats south end how much anyone feels they can lay blame on an event that is past for their emotions down the road. This very life we live in is a lifelong lesson in "moving on". 

Of course, like I said, it is a choice. My best friend said something to me that has stuck with me for 30 years. He said, after 6 months of facing a traumatic event, any anger, frustration, blaming, or whatever emotions you may have about what happened? Stand naked in front a mirror, and point at that person. they now choose every one of those feelings. 

IF anyone feels I am saying that you are wrong for having those feelings, that would be incorrect. I'm saying it is a choice. I am saying blame can fit like an old glove. Maybe one day, there will be a choice to not put that glove on anymore.

Depends on your definition of "harboring negativity".... lol

I don't give Luck much if any thought at all, until someone brings him up.

In short, I think most have moved on. But folks can still have positive or negative thoughts while also moving on. I know a lot of folks who love Luck, and also a lot that think he was soft. But none really care right now one way or the other.

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

May 10, 2017 

Know what date that is? That is the last time any NFL team other than the Colts made the decision to sign Chad Kelly. Considering how many teams have been short a QB, it might serve to ponder that date. 

are you harboring negative thoughts?

200.gif

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Never watched ELR, but it was a very frequent saying when I was growing up. Get a bump, bruise, or scrape, rub some dirt on it. Didn't need no stinking band aide lol. Then later in HS FB, same thing. I remember guys practicing and playing with blood running down their arms and legs, and nobody gave it a second thought. One of my buds got a cut on his leg which later got a serious infection that kept him out the rest of the season. Guess he didn't get the good dirt. 

Reminds me of our HS NT. He wanted a Dan Marino style face mask because Dan Marino is cool and so was he. LOL. Coaches gave it to him but sure enough, first play from scrimmage, and I saw it happen because I was on a safety blitz and was watching the snap, broken nose blood every where. Coaches laughed at him on the sideline and gave him his "back up" helmet after they tossed a butterfly on it and told him to get his dumb * back out there. We destroyed that day and everyone, even the cheerleaders were giving him hell all the way home on the bus. Bro, I'll trade you for ur Dan Marino rookie card for a Randy White. LOL. Back then they didn't even care if you had a mouthpiece in because they were such crap. Playing through migraines sucked but we drank beer in the locker room after games. LOL.

• Like 2

They know what the injury is and how bad it is now. An X-Ray takes 5 minutes and this happened on Friday. Just come clean with it and tell us on Monday. The games are still going sell out regardless. I broke a growth plate in my left foot when I was 18 playing basketball, thought it was just a sprain ankle, after jumping I came down on someone's foot is why. Went to the docs and got an X-ray and found out what it was, it took 15 minutes and that was over 30 years ago. I wore an air cast for 3 weeks and was fine after that. I ran for over 10 years and never had a recurring problem other than soreness at times.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They know what the injury is and how bad it is now. An X-Ray takes 5 minutes and this happened on Friday. Just come clean with it and tell us on Monday. The games are still going sell out regardless. I broke a growth plate in my left foot when I was 18 playing basketball, thought it was just a sprain ankle, after jumping I came down on someone's foot is why. Went to the docs and got an X-ray and found out what it was, it took 15 minutes and that was over 30 years ago. I wore an air cast for 3 weeks and was fine after that. I ran for over 10 years and never had a recurring problem other than soreness at times.

It broke today that Carson wants to try to rest it and rehab it to avoid surgery so clearly they do know but again the team is under NO obligation to tell the general public what it is.  I think they ultimately will but after what they have gone through with Luck twice and Manning I get wanting to wait until you know exactly what they are going to do before talking about it. Like I said the other night this is going to require some patience.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Never watched ELR, but it was a very frequent saying when I was growing up. Get a bump, bruise, or scrape, rub some dirt on it. Didn't need no stinking band aide lol. Then later in HS FB, same thing. I remember guys practicing and playing with blood running down their arms and legs, and nobody gave it a second thought. One of my buds got a cut on his leg which later got a serious infection that kept him out the rest of the season. Guess he didn't get the good dirt. 

Or not enough dirt?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

It broke today that Carson wants to try to rest it and rehab it to avoid surgery so clearly they do know but again the team is under NO obligation to tell the general public what it is.  I think they ultimately will but after what they have gone through with Luck twice and Manning I get wanting to wait until you know exactly what they are going to do before talking about it. Like I said the other night this is going to require some patience.

I get that and I agree with your post but once you take an X-Ray you can see if it is a break or not so that is 100% factual. Hopefully Carson just rests and is ready come September. 

I agree with your post because they don't have an obligation to tell us anything but they should when you starting QB is injured. Why keep the fans wondering what's going on, it isn't even pre-season. It is what it is, either he will be fine or won't be, pretty simple to me. 

Baseball never hides anything, they say right away this pitcher is out for the year if he leaves a game and gets X-Ray'd (he needs Tommy John surgery) or a day after a player gets injured they say exactly what the injury is and put the player on the IL. Football is strange when it comes to this stuff. It is bad or it isn't bottomline. This guessing game is old.

18 hours ago, a06cc said:

I don’t care about your medical history. After Rapoport’s report today just confirms what I’ve been thinking. It’s a sprain. He’ll take all the precautions needed to be available for week one. 

And I don't care about your diagnosis sense you haven't been there.  It might just be a sprain - but you don't actually know anything.

• Shive changed the title to Wentz Injury Thread