Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp day 3-7/30

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Some morning reading if you have a athletic subscription.

Wentz showed it in practice yesterday to Pascal.
 He can roll out, create that extra second or so for that bump, shake, move that creates space deep.
 He just has to lay the ball to the side away from the defender.
And we have at least 5 guys that defenders will have great difficulty with.
 We are going to spray it around, otherwise Pittman could be a 1200 yd receiver. He is going to show his great crossing route then break it up and pow... gonna be fun fun fun to watch. Not just him!!!

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Going to be fun to see how Eason does today. This may be why Eason got to throw with the ones at the end of practice yesterday. I am sure the foot is minor.

Don’t be so sure the foot is minor.   It might be, but it’s not a lock. 

Sometimes an injured body part feels much worse the day after.   No more adrenaline.  A night of rest, sometimes something like a foot can stiffen up.   

It’s probably fine.   But don’t bet on it yet.  I’d like some reassuring words from the Colts first. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Don’t be so sure the foot is minor.   It might be, but it’s not a lock. 

Sometimes an injured body part feels much worse the day after.   No more adrenaline.  A night of rest, sometimes something like a foot can stiffen up.   

It’s probably fine.   But don’t bet on it yet.  I’d like some reassuring words from the Colts first. 

Not one reporter or fan covering practice mentioned he came up limping or went down with a injury. Never left to go back in the building. 

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Not one reporter or fan covering practice mentioned he came up limping or went down with a injury. Never left to go back in the building. 

You’ve already written that.   I saw it already.  Writing it a second time doesn’t make it more true.  

And none of it matters, not if Wentz wakes up today and his foot feels worse instead of better.   All I’m asking for is some clarification from the Colts.   That’s all. 

1 minute ago, PeterBowman said:

Remember teams are uber careful with any little ding during camp.

I am surprised that some vets are already getting the day off. Maybe they are giving TY and Doyle the day off since Wentz isn’t practicing.

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Granson is one fast, smooth dude. Holy cow. 

Are you at camp?

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Tevi hasn’t looked good today lol.

I would've thought Tevi would be better than Holden, considering the experience Tevi got last year with the Chargers. Good for Paye though. Hoping Brian Baker can really develop his pass rush moves and hand usage.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Tevi hasn’t looked good today lol.

At the very least, this might help boost Paye's confidence a bit. It's not surprising though, because Tevi is quick and agile for an OT, but he struggles big time with power rushers, which is Paye's strength.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Any chance we take a OT with the 1st pick?
    • FWIW:   Today I listened to a guy from The Athletic interviewed on ESPN.   (Darren Lee). He said interviewing GMs at the combine, almost all view DeJean as a safety except two teams.  He thinks the Colts and Jags view DeJean as a corner.     I don’t know this reporter, never seen him before, so I can’t speak to his credibility.  But it sounds like he did a lot of homework.     And I appreciate your view on pro day times being reliable or not.   I’m always skeptical on pro days.  But I thought DeJean helped himself on his testing.  
    • I could care less what he does. Been too long ago.
    • I’m with ya..     I'm not sure we’re going WR at 15 either.  I think we could go DE, and it’s possible we could go CB as well.   Gosh,  I love Mitchell and really like Arnold as well.  And if we trade back I would be fine with McKinstry or a DE on defense or one of the 2nd tier of WRs that could be there in the 20’s.  So many options.   I keep reminding myself, every pick could produce a surprise, because I think Ballard will have so many options to choose from.      Im also not sure Ballard will use all 7 rounds.   He finished in 5 rounds in his first draft 2017,  and he finished in 6 rounds in 2019.   Maybe he uses all 7 rounds, but I’m not confident we will.     One week from tonight.   
    • My Final Mock Draft   15. Brock Bowers, TE,  6’4 245 Lbs, Georgia - Blue Chip Prospect.  Rare combination of acceleration, speed and body control. Hands-catcher operating with good coordination and technique. With Pittman on the outside Bowers will control the middle of the field and seams. AR Will develop much quicker into a top 10 QB with Bowers as his TE.  46. TJ Tampa, CB, 6’1, 190 Lbs, Iowa State - Elite physical traits. Plays with good positioning throughout routes. Very good in press Coverage and Zone. Expect him to compete in training camp and be named a starter.      82. Calen Bullock, S, 6’2 190 lbs, USC - Elite physical traits. He has the range to play single-high safety, the athleticism to line up over the slot and the ball skills to chalk up impressive on-ball production. Expect him to compete in training camp for the starting S position.    117. Tez Walker,  WR,  6’2 195 Lbs, UNC - Elite speed with very good body control. Career average of 30.7 yards on touchdown receptions. Gives us very good depth and competition with Pierce.    151. Grayson Murphy, DE, 6’3 260 Lbs, UCLA - Shows impressive quickness and change of direction to help turn speed to power as a rusher. Good depth.    191.  Keaton Bills, G, 6’5 320 Lbs, Utah - Cerebral player, quick to react to twists and stunts up front. Very good depth. 
  • Members

• KB

KB 1,089

• newb767

newb767 0

• Archer

Archer 1,744

• Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson 206

• C_Lew

C_Lew 176

• Btown_Colt