Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 2 - 7/29

Wentzszn

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

I thought the jags game was Hilton Pittman Paris .,With Doyle at tight end . How often do the colts play 4 wide outs ? It seems they love two tight end sets more .

Pascal actually out snapped Hilton most of the season. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Zach pascal is like Reggie Wayne slow start them becomes a beast

Anyone that has closely watched Zach,  especially with the help of replays, has seen a guy that is getting excellent at setting up DB's. Often very subtle little head/shoulder fakes (like reggie) that give him an edge. Reggie had some of the best hands ever, 10's, and Zach's are probably 9's ish. With his blocking, he is a top 15 player for us. JMO of course.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, twfish said:

I do love the wild variation in the reporters numbers haha 

I think some include 11 on 11 and 7 on 7, others just 11 on 11... some might even include like... one on one CB vs WR drills...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Anyone that has closely watched Zach,  especially with the help of replays, has seen a guy that is getting excellent at setting up DB's. Often very subtle little head/shoulder fakes (like reggie) that give him an edge. Reggie had some of the best hands ever, 10's, and Zach's are probably 9's ish. With his blocking, he is a top 15 player for us. JMO of course.

He was the leading WR under Brissett right? Consistently underrated. The guy isn't a huge name but if a team could do a lot worse having him as 3rd or 4th pass catching option. Ballard is right, the Colts have a sneaky deep chart. It isnt Julio Jones and AJ Brown but I'd argue that it's far deeper.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

All that.  I think a lot of people underestimate the role of the WR in the run game.  Or setting blocks after a completion.  He excels at those assets of the game.  It's not flashy, but it's important.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Not exactly sure how these drills do much benefit.  Odd angles.

But what do i know.

It’s about getting the mind and body to adapt to balancing in imperfect situations. RBs often have to maneuver their bodies in strange angles while keeping upright to either evade or squeeze between defenders and lineman alike. Used to do a similar drill in my RB days. 

• Thanks 1

I was watching that highlight where Wentz rolls out and hits Pascal on a bomb.  

I think Buckner either sacks him, or bats the pass down if he wanted to.  

But it did show Carson’s mobility and arm strength.   

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I was watching that highlight where Wentz rolls out and hits Pascal on a bomb.  

I think Buckner either sacks him, or bats the pass down if he wanted to.  

But it did show Carson’s mobility and arm strength.   

I think it was just impressive because he had that much arm strength to throw off one foot in the opposite direction.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It’s about getting the mind and body to adapt to balancing in imperfect situations. RBs often have to maneuver their bodies in strange angles while keeping upright to either evade or squeeze between defenders and lineman alike. Used to do a similar drill in my RB days. 

Good thing i’m not coaching .

whew!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I agree, the most under rated player on the team and I have said it on here since I joined.

Zak Keefer was just on Bring the Juice podcast. He said Rock was very shaky today. Mentioned how good Tell has looked. Keep a eye on that spot. They are both getting times with the ones so it seems there is a open competition there. Would be nice if Tell could eventually turn into a starter.

• Like 2

I love listening to Julian Blackmon, very confident and articulate. I think he is going to be a top safety in this league. As he said, he tailed off last season, but having a full training camp of S&C, I bet he will have a great full season. Very talented kid imo.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Zak Keefer was just on Bring the Juice podcast. He said Rock was very shaky today. Mentioned how good Tell has looked. Keep a eye on that spot. They are both getting times with the ones so it seems there is a open competition there. Would be nice if Tell could eventually turn into a starter.

I really hope Rock can get it together. At this point, Tell and Rodgers look to be better CB prospects. This surely has to be his make/break season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

I love listening to Julian Blackmon, very confident and articulate. I think he is going to be a top safety in this league. As he said, he tailed off last season, but having a full training camp of S&C, I bet he will have a great full season. Very talented kid imo.

Think about how good he was right off the bat with no training camp or offseason coming off a acl. That was really crazy. The sky is the limit for him.

• Like 5

Zak also mentioned how good Turay has looked. He said they are bringing him back slowly putting him with the 2’s but expects he will start getting reps with the 1’s. He said he looks very fast and explosive. Lewis has looked super explosive.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I know I’m being pessimistic but all I could think when I read how well he was doing yesterday was “well, he was probably being pretty grabby. No refs around to throw the flag.”

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I know I’m being pessimistic but all I could think when I read how well he was doing yesterday was “well, he was probably being pretty grabby. No refs around to throw the flag.”

Your instinct is probably right.  Tell faced better competition in college and may just be the better player.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am guessing no update on Kelly?

Nope. The local reporters said  with Reich out the assistants won’t really answer injury questions. They leave it up to Reich.

Here is a short interview Carson did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

I agree.  The fact that he openly admits his struggles speaks volumes of his confidence and willingness to get better!

• Like 2