Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 2 - 7/29

Wentzszn

• Shive changed the title to Training Camp Day 2 - 7/29
Just now, Wentzszn said:

QB are looking good today.

It’s kind of the old “glass half full” scenario.   When the O is looking good, does that mean the D is looking bad?  And vice versa.  

The joint scrimmage is going to tell us a lot. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Before I forget, a couple hundred “Likes” to @Wentzszn for keeping this thread up.   I have Twitter but barely look at it.  Plus I don’t follow all the right people.  

This is my one stop shopping location.  

Thanks again Wentzszn!

I concur, thanks Chloe! :thmup:

• Like 2

Just now, NorthernColt said:

IDK how to insert links, but appears Kelly is hurt. In clear pain apparently. Its supposedly an elbow.

Hopefully not too bad. Seems he is off to the side working with the trainers.

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

It’s kind of the old “glass half full” scenario.   When the O is looking good, does that mean the D is looking bad?  And vice versa.  

The joint scrimmage is going to tell us a lot. 

I'd prefer the offense look good because I want Wentz to look good at this point. Just my preference though.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Hopefully Kelly’s alright. Always seems to pick up at least one injury a year. Hope it’s not serious.

He didn’t leave the field and is off to the side so hopefully nothing serious. Good news is there is lots of time until the first game in Sept.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Irsay and Ballard need to look long and hard at the evaluation of Frank Reich and this coaching staff. The decision to play Wentz when he was clearly not able to move at all in the pocket, is a huge concern on their decision making. Also, the decision to not have a better backup QB is affecting this team right now and that's on Ballard and Reich.
    • When I was doing the count at home he consistently got past 4 seconds before throwing the ball. 
    • I think someone else needs to take over play calling.  How does Taylor only get 10 carries, in a game where you are having success running the ball, are way behind in time of possession, and have an injured QB with limited mobility.   Also, we need to shuffle the WR depth chart, nobody besides Pittman seems to be getting open.  During training camp we thought we had depth for days.  I am ready to see someone prove they belong.    
    • And so what? Is he hurt even more now or did he get through the game?   There's other parts of this equation that Bowen's article and this consensus that's emerging are missing in my opinion. Say the Colts sit Wentz, but it's known he could have played and wanted to (to what degree of effectiveness, for the purpose of the hypothetical, we wouldn't know, because he's sitting- did this need laid out? lol). So Hundley goes out there, sucks (safe bet to be real honest, but there's some disagreement, fine) and the Colts lose the game. What do you think people are saying right now? Easy. "Why didn't they play the guy who can at least throw the ball", or "these backups suck" and so on and so forth.   I get some of the argument but ultimately Wentz was deemed to give the team the best shot to win by the people who are supposed to know. 
    • Grigson inherited 43 zone defensive players and quickly built a 34 man defense that was decently playoff caliber (IIRC, BALT beat us that wildcard game by Flacco chucking a couple of long bombs where the defender was in position to make the play but didn't (not wide open)).   Grigson used what cap space there was right up to the limit to get a competitive defense right away instead of building through the draft, which takes time.   Ballard also got a decent defense by signing FA vet players.  And, like Grigson, once those players rolled off, the drafted players don't seem to be able to carry the torch.   BTW, TJ Green plays a decent amount of snaps at cornerback for the Falcons and grades out pretty well.  A tall, zone corner.
  • Members