Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp-Day one practice 7/28

Wentzszn

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Thank you guys for all the coverage and tweets. You know who you are. Really appreciate the help in covering camp.

Today was like Christmas morning when your a kid. So cool football is back.  

• Like 4

Love this! Lol, still some folks could pull drama out of a can of soup. That said, much appreciation for those taking the time to post this stuff. :hat:

Happy for Parris, Kylen, and Lewis. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Ballard said they would be bringing Mack back slow because he hasn’t been in pads for a year.

I'd say he wasnt in street clothes for very long lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Holden is getting the starter spot on every rep of the day is awesome. I think he is much better than tevi .  Holden looked great against the Steelers last year and ravens fans were so mad when we took him from them . Holden is the future after this year . It seems like paye got shut down by Holden all day from the reports 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Marcus Brady is a cool dude. He seems like he is going to be a head coach some day. Carried himself well.

That would be good for us draft pick wise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Holden is getting the starter spot on every rep of the day is awesome. I think he is much better than tevi .  Holden looked great against the Steelers last year and ravens fans were so mad when we took him from them . Holden is the future after this year . It seems like paye got shut down by Holden all day from the reports 

Holden isn't the future at LT..... That'd be Fisher if all goes to plan.

• Like 2

I read Kevin Bowen's summary and he said Mack caught a pass.  I'm just curious to know if he's really back to form.  

It would be amazing to have him, Taylor, Hines, and whoever wins that 4th RB slot all available.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I read Kevin Bowen's summary and he said Mack caught a pass.  I'm just curious to know if he's really back to form.  

It would be amazing to have him, Taylor, Hines, and whoever wins that 4th RB slot all available.

Well he has no restrictions. Ballard said he has been ready awhile and really worked his tail off. He also said they will monitor him early because he hasn’t played in a year.

• Like 1

Some reporter tweeted that the RDE was Lewis and the LDE was Paye. 

I think he got it backwards.  

First, no one else posted that, and that’s not the type of thing to go unnoticed.   Second, someone else tweeted video of Lewis rushing against Smith.   That would put Lewis on the Left Side.  

Just wanted this noted.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

First, no one else posted that, and that’s not the type of thing to go unnoticed.   Second, someone else tweeted video of Lewis rushing against Smith.   That would put Lewis on the Left Side.  

Just wanted this noted.  

Not saying they won’t move them around, but you’re right.  They’re counting on Paye to be the main guy on the outside.  

Lewis may even slide over to DT on obvious passing downs.  That’s assuming Turay is there.  

11 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Bowen is the best IMO.  Down to earth, not a fanboy but not a hater.  Really good podcast.  

I suspect you are, but people here should be reading him everyday.   He outs out lots of good info all the time.   And his work is free.  Non-premium. 

If you’re willing to pay for more,  get a subscription to The Athletic.   Well worth the money.   They cover the Colts really well. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just wanted this noted.  

Thank you, I have been beating this drum ad nauseum...

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

So they only practice an hour and a half ?  I thought it would be longer.

I believe the hour and a half is open to the public, media and such. The rest of the day is still being used for football matters, just things we (and the competition) can’t see.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I believe the hour and a half is open to the public, media and such. The rest of the day is still being used for football matters, just things we (and the competition) can’t see.

They still have walkthroughs and meetings after they practice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Holden isn't the future at LT..... That'd be Fisher if all goes to plan.

fisher is only on a one year deal if holden plays nice the first 6 games then 2022 he could be a cheaper option at tackle and he is 3 years younger .  with lewis , turray leonard , hines  coming up we might not be able to pay fisher 18 million a year .  fisher was only cheap this year because he is missing 6 games and injured .  If fisher plays at a high level he will demand more then the colts are paying him this year .

13 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

fisher is only on a one year deal if holden plays nice the first 6 games then 2022 he could be a cheaper option at tackle and he is 3 years younger .  with lewis , turray leonard , hines  coming up we might not be able to pay fisher 18 million a year .  fisher was only cheap this year because he is missing 6 games and injured .  If fisher plays at a high level he will demand more then the colts are paying him this year .

Yep. They want to bring Fisher back but IF TEVI or Holden play at a high level they might decide to not bring him back to save money.

The level of over-reaction today is freaking hilarious lol...

Random thoughts

• The upside to guys like Leonard, Carrie, and Rhodes being out, is that guys like Speed, Rogers, and Tell are getting some quality time.
  • Sloppy passing and catching should be expected day one, especially if they just installed new stuff last night.
  • Disappointed that we didn't hear much/anything on Patmon and Strachan.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Fisher is likely not going to be an $18m a player.   His last contract was 4/48m, $12m per. 

So if he has a good year, perhaps next year he’ll be a $10-12m a year player.  

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Don't want to read the entire thread for one bit of info.

Who played LT and how did they look?

Holden played with the first team today. Brady said there will be a completion between Holden, Tevi, and Davenport until fisher returns. So tomorrow we might see Tevi there. Apparently Holden looked pretty good.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fisher is likely not going to be an $18m a player.   His last contract was 4/48m, $12m per. 

So if he has a good year, perhaps next year he’ll be a $10-12m a year player.  

I doubt that. Maybe 15 to 16 if he plays well.