Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp-Day one practice 7/28


Wentzszn
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here is a thread for tomorrow. This way I don’t forget and the thread is here in the morning in case there  is anything to post before I get up and eat. Practice starts at 10.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should be interesting today. I'm a little frustrated Leonard won't be practicing for a bit, but if there's a positive, it's the fact that he doesn't need the practice. Should be lots of camp battles today!

 

Looking forward to mostly seeing Wentz, Eason, Campbell, Granson on offense. On defense, Paye, Tyquan, Kemoko, Tell, and Rock.

 

Hopefully we see some good performances, and no injuries!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stephen Holder is on 1070 right now saying that they likely will look at veteran qbs and if "Foles comes available I think they would absolutely try to bring him in" lmao oh my god can you imagine bringing in Foles after all the effort to make Carson comfortable in his reset?!?!  Ahahaha......please no Stephen.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Should be interesting today. I'm a little frustrated Leonard won't be practicing for a bit, but if there's a positive, it's the fact that he doesn't need the practice. Should be lots of camp battles today!

 

Looking forward to mostly seeing Wentz, Eason, Campbell, Granson on offense. On defense, Paye, Tyquan, Kemoko, Tell, and Rock.

 

Hopefully we see some good performances, and no injuries!

Not sure about all the battles....but I guarantee there will be a ton of stretching and walking around between drills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Nadine changed the title to Training Camp-Day one practice 7/28
24 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Stephen Holder is on 1070 right now saying that they likely will look at veteran qbs and if "Foles comes available I think they would absolutely try to bring him in" lmao oh my god can you imagine bringing in Foles after all the effort to make Carson comfortable in his reset?!?!  Ahahaha......please no Stephen.

I think a lot of that Wentz/Foles drama was media created.  At the heart of a lot of it was the "statue of Foles" outside the stadium.  Its not a statue of Foles.  Its a statue of that game winning SB play where the QB on that trick play caught the TD. 

 

Who else would they put in the statue?

 

The media usually errs on the dramatic side to make things divisive.

 

Both Wentz and Foles seem like very professional people.  I'm sure they would work fine together.  Besides, Foles has failed in enough places outside of Philly that he should be no threat to Wentz under normal circumstances.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Stephen Holder is on 1070 right now saying that they likely will look at veteran qbs and if "Foles comes available I think they would absolutely try to bring him in" lmao oh my god can you imagine bringing in Foles after all the effort to make Carson comfortable in his reset?!?!  Ahahaha......please no Stephen.

  Good Lord, I hope not! I don’t know if Holder heard anything to that extent or if he’s just speculating.

 I’d much rather see Eason / Echinger get a shot at the backup spot. Foles has not shown to be the long-term answer and there’s some pretty big contacts due: (Leonard, Nelson, Smith and Hines to name a few).

   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

  Good Lord, I hope not! I don’t know if Holder heard anything to that extent or if he’s just speculating.

 I’d much rather see Eason / Echinger get a shot at the backup spot. Foles has not shown to be the long-term answer and there’s some pretty big contacts due: (Leonard, Nelson, Smith and Hines to name a few).

   

Now Staysniak is saying it, granted he just got done hearing it from Holder....but there's no realistic way that they'd instantly create drama in the QB room like that .. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think a lot of that Wentz/Foles drama was media created.  At the heart of a lot of it was the "statue of Foles" outside the stadium.  Its not a statue of Foles.  Its a statue of that game winning SB play where the QB on that trick play caught the TD. 

 

Who else would they put in the statue?

 

The media usually errs on the dramatic side to make things divisive.

 

Both Wentz and Foles seem like very professional people.  I'm sure they would work fine together.  Besides, Foles has failed in enough places outside of Philly that he should be no threat to Wentz under normal circumstances.

Did you see what the eagles put up in place of the Wentz Mural. They replaced him with a mural of Foles hands holding the SB trophy. Talk about petty.

 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, Joe on the morning show is pretty pessimistic about this year.... Not sure if he's usually like this, I don't remember him being a negative guy, but he's one of the group of locals expecting a 9-10;win season..... I feel like that would be a bit of a failure ... I think that it's gotta be a 11-12 win year. .. they may win less, but I think that's the honest internal goal, 12 games.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s starting. Maybe this will make them think twice about getting vaccinated.

 

 

Just throwing this out there; you CAN get COVID if you are vaccinated, so this may not be an indication that they were not vaccinated.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, twfish said:

Who's to say they weren't vaccinated....?

Well all three were wearing masks in the pictures yesterday. It is possible they had one shot I guess and were In process of getting second. I had that happen to a family member.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Should be interesting today. I'm a little frustrated Leonard won't be practicing for a bit, but if there's a positive, it's the fact that he doesn't need the practice.....

 

I agree, you can look at it as a positive.  We know who two of the starters are, and Zaire is probably the third.  But it's good that the rest can get a lot of snaps.  Speed needs to show out.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Did you see what the eagles put up in place of the Wentz Mural. They replaced him with a mural of Foles hands holding the SB trophy. Talk about petty.

 

 

Again, the fact remains that Foles QB's the team during that game.  Its Philly's only SB win, so anything surrounding that game is going to be cherished.   It's whomever it was.  

 

People see things through their own lens, then make a big deal about it.  

 

I don't see where Wentz or Foles would make a big deal about it, so I don't see an issue with bringing Foles to the team.  I think it would be all positive, even to Eason for the most part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DougDew said:

Again, the fact remains that Foles QB's the team during that game.  Its Philly's only SB win, so anything surrounding that game is going to be cherished.   It's whomever it was.  

 

People see things through their own lens, then make a big deal about it.  

 

I don't see where Wentz or Foles would make a big deal about it, so I don't see an issue with bringing Foles to the team.  I think it would be all positive, even to Eason for the most part.

Foles would know Reich’s system, so that’s a plus. The big factor would probably be money. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s starting. Maybe this will make them think twice about getting vaccinated.

 

 

 

Let's keep anything about COVID in the COVID thread. Otherwise, all these threads will be inundated with posts about COVID.

 

I will pin the COVID thread so that it is easy to find.

 

Thank you.

 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:


That’s wild if he isn’t. Anybody ready for some Eason games this year. :headspin:

I may be the odd one but I would not mind seeing Eason play a regular season game. Could be fun.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Let's keep anything about COVID in the COVID thread. Otherwise, all these threads will be inundated with posts about COVID. I will pin the COVID thread so that it is easy to find.

 

Thank you.

 

 

Sorry will do.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wentzszn said:

I may be the odd one but I would not mind seeing Eason play a regular season game. Could be fun.

I agree only because I'd rather lose a 2nd round pick next year instead of a 1st. If we can manipulate that somewhat in a combination with missed time due to covid, I'm all for it.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree only because I'd rather lose a 2nd round pick next year instead of a 1st. If we can manipulate that somewhat in a combination with missed time due to covid, I'm all for it.

Manipulate isn’t the right word....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • https://www.chargers.com/news/chargers-sign-dustin-hopkins   The guy who "beat out" Michael Badgley in training camp has himself been replaced: Dustin Hopkins in, Tristan Vizcaino out!   Kinda reminds me of when the Bolts cut their veteran kicker Josh Lambo in favor of Younghoe Koo, only to cut Koo after only 4 weeks.
    • Homer in a Leonard jersey would be the funniest thing ever. I know I am nerd when it comes to crap like this  . I am glad you a part of this site, guys like you and @NewColtsFan and @Wentzszn keep things flowing like a well oiled machine. I am grateful for people like @jvan1973 and @Gramz too, when I was new they treated me like a vet in here. I am not going to name everyone but there are least 20 other people in here that are awesome. I hope @Jared CisnerosBraves win the WS, it is 1-1 right now. Best of 5 now. @NFLfan has been a great friend and great person go captain Kirk , @HOZERwas my side kick on the baseball thread doing play by play when the Cubs were bad butts,@Jay Kirk - thanks for the baseball threads and @Mylesand @PrincetonTigerwith all of his Gifs  . I need to stop because I am sounding like Magic with his dream team speech  . @Mel Kiper's Hairfor having that fine hair time and time again talking about the ladies lol. @PuntersArePeopleToofor being the young gun that knows his stuff.   Last but not least @Nadine and @Superman and @RockThatBlueholding the fort down in here. One more thing @Gavinwe all miss you brother, you loved the Colts, Pacers, and Hakeem Olajuwon with that great D and foot work. 
    • He has been very bad in pass pro every game, including last week. Plenty of vids/tweets out there of him getting boat raced and just beat. I'd absolutely let Pryor get some reps, especially if we're at a point we need to pass. Pryor has done very well since stepping in. No sacks, and good grades, and has went against some decent comp.   And before last week, his grade was 6th best at T in the league. Not sure where it is now, but that's pretty darn good. And if you want him to be your swing guy down the road, you need to know he can play LT if needed. And I just can't see him doing much worse in pass pro. If he's not good, you can always pull him and stop the experiment. It's not like an all or nothing move.
    • you think fish is doing that bad that you wanna let pryor get game snaps? 
    • Not really interested unless the Colts aren't confident in TY's return. Wouldn't hate it, but not really wanting to give anything up for him. And it wouldn't be just this year. He's got a 15M cap hit next season.
  • Members

    • bigt

      bigt 69

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Kirie89

      Kirie89 6

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solid84

      Solid84 139

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 9,700

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CoachLite

      CoachLite 520

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solon

      Solon 111

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...