Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp-Day one practice 7/28

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be interesting today. I'm a little frustrated Leonard won't be practicing for a bit, but if there's a positive, it's the fact that he doesn't need the practice. Should be lots of camp battles today!

Looking forward to mostly seeing Wentz, Eason, Campbell, Granson on offense. On defense, Paye, Tyquan, Kemoko, Tell, and Rock.

Hopefully we see some good performances, and no injuries!

Stephen Holder is on 1070 right now saying that they likely will look at veteran qbs and if "Foles comes available I think they would absolutely try to bring him in" lmao oh my god can you imagine bringing in Foles after all the effort to make Carson comfortable in his reset?!?!  Ahahaha......please no Stephen.

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Should be interesting today. I'm a little frustrated Leonard won't be practicing for a bit, but if there's a positive, it's the fact that he doesn't need the practice. Should be lots of camp battles today!

Looking forward to mostly seeing Wentz, Eason, Campbell, Granson on offense. On defense, Paye, Tyquan, Kemoko, Tell, and Rock.

Hopefully we see some good performances, and no injuries!

Not sure about all the battles....but I guarantee there will be a ton of stretching and walking around between drills.

• Nadine changed the title to Training Camp-Day one practice 7/28
24 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Stephen Holder is on 1070 right now saying that they likely will look at veteran qbs and if "Foles comes available I think they would absolutely try to bring him in" lmao oh my god can you imagine bringing in Foles after all the effort to make Carson comfortable in his reset?!?!  Ahahaha......please no Stephen.

I think a lot of that Wentz/Foles drama was media created.  At the heart of a lot of it was the "statue of Foles" outside the stadium.  Its not a statue of Foles.  Its a statue of that game winning SB play where the QB on that trick play caught the TD. 

Who else would they put in the statue?

The media usually errs on the dramatic side to make things divisive.

Both Wentz and Foles seem like very professional people.  I'm sure they would work fine together.  Besides, Foles has failed in enough places outside of Philly that he should be no threat to Wentz under normal circumstances.

24 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Good Lord, I hope not! I don’t know if Holder heard anything to that extent or if he’s just speculating.

I’d much rather see Eason / Echinger get a shot at the backup spot. Foles has not shown to be the long-term answer and there’s some pretty big contacts due: (Leonard, Nelson, Smith and Hines to name a few).

12 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Good Lord, I hope not! I don’t know if Holder heard anything to that extent or if he’s just speculating.

I’d much rather see Eason / Echinger get a shot at the backup spot. Foles has not shown to be the long-term answer and there’s some pretty big contacts due: (Leonard, Nelson, Smith and Hines to name a few).

Now Staysniak is saying it, granted he just got done hearing it from Holder....but there's no realistic way that they'd instantly create drama in the QB room like that .. 

36 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think a lot of that Wentz/Foles drama was media created.  At the heart of a lot of it was the "statue of Foles" outside the stadium.  Its not a statue of Foles.  Its a statue of that game winning SB play where the QB on that trick play caught the TD. 

Who else would they put in the statue?

The media usually errs on the dramatic side to make things divisive.

Both Wentz and Foles seem like very professional people.  I'm sure they would work fine together.  Besides, Foles has failed in enough places outside of Philly that he should be no threat to Wentz under normal circumstances.

Did you see what the eagles put up in place of the Wentz Mural. They replaced him with a mural of Foles hands holding the SB trophy. Talk about petty.

Yeah, Joe on the morning show is pretty pessimistic about this year.... Not sure if he's usually like this, I don't remember him being a negative guy, but he's one of the group of locals expecting a 9-10;win season..... I feel like that would be a bit of a failure ... I think that it's gotta be a 11-12 win year. .. they may win less, but I think that's the honest internal goal, 12 games.   

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s starting. Maybe this will make them think twice about getting vaccinated.

Just throwing this out there; you CAN get COVID if you are vaccinated, so this may not be an indication that they were not vaccinated.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Should be interesting today. I'm a little frustrated Leonard won't be practicing for a bit, but if there's a positive, it's the fact that he doesn't need the practice.....

I agree, you can look at it as a positive.  We know who two of the starters are, and Zaire is probably the third.  But it's good that the rest can get a lot of snaps.  Speed needs to show out.

43 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Did you see what the eagles put up in place of the Wentz Mural. They replaced him with a mural of Foles hands holding the SB trophy. Talk about petty.

Again, the fact remains that Foles QB's the team during that game.  Its Philly's only SB win, so anything surrounding that game is going to be cherished.   It's whomever it was.  

People see things through their own lens, then make a big deal about it.  

I don't see where Wentz or Foles would make a big deal about it, so I don't see an issue with bringing Foles to the team.  I think it would be all positive, even to Eason for the most part.

Just now, DougDew said:

Again, the fact remains that Foles QB's the team during that game.  Its Philly's only SB win, so anything surrounding that game is going to be cherished.   It's whomever it was.  

People see things through their own lens, then make a big deal about it.  

I don't see where Wentz or Foles would make a big deal about it, so I don't see an issue with bringing Foles to the team.  I think it would be all positive, even to Eason for the most part.

Foles would know Reich’s system, so that’s a plus. The big factor would probably be money. 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s starting. Maybe this will make them think twice about getting vaccinated.

Let's keep anything about COVID in the COVID thread. Otherwise, all these threads will be inundated with posts about COVID.

I will pin the COVID thread so that it is easy to find.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

That’s wild if he isn’t. Anybody ready for some Eason games this year. :headspin:

I may be the odd one but I would not mind seeing Eason play a regular season game. Could be fun.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Let's keep anything about COVID in the COVID thread. Otherwise, all these threads will be inundated with posts about COVID. I will pin the COVID thread so that it is easy to find.

Thank you.

Sorry will do.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

I may be the odd one but I would not mind seeing Eason play a regular season game. Could be fun.

I agree only because I'd rather lose a 2nd round pick next year instead of a 1st. If we can manipulate that somewhat in a combination with missed time due to covid, I'm all for it.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree only because I'd rather lose a 2nd round pick next year instead of a 1st. If we can manipulate that somewhat in a combination with missed time due to covid, I'm all for it.

Manipulate isn’t the right word....

Archived