Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carson Wentz early Madden 22 QB rating comparisons.

Smoke317

I know nobody ultimately cares about Madden ratings.  They’re all just guesses and aren’t proof of how a player will play that season.  I just thought it’d be interesting to see how they compared Wentz to other QB’s.  The official QB rankings list doesn’t come out until Friday.  But I’ve seen they have released the ratings for the rookies and some players who are changing teams.  Thus we have ratings for Carson, Stafford, Goff, Darnold, and the top rookie QB’s.  Interesting how they view Wentz coming into this season.  Here are some ratings I’ve pieced together from a few different articles:

Overall ratings-

M.  Stafford:  83

T. Lawrence:  78

J.  Goff:  77

Z. Wilson:  75

J. Fields:  74

T.  Lance:  74

C.  Wentz:  72

S.  Darnold:  71

J.  Hurts:  71

M.  Jones:  71

J.  Flacco:  69

I personally think (hope) they’re being a little hard on Carson.  I know he’s got a lot to prove this season but I don’t believe Goff is that much better than Carson and I hope he’s not worse than all the top 5 rookie QB’s drafted this year.

15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I don’t play Madden, so this may be a dumb question.  

Do player ratings change as the real season does on?

I believe it's a new feature, that if you have internet access while playing franchise mode, it continually updates throughout the year, but I could be wrong. I'm 100% sure they update ultimate team, where they give new cards to buy, pull, and earn based on every week played, but I'm not 100% sure if they implemented it onto franchise mode where they change overall ratings yet. If they don't, it should be done.

Also, players generally start declining around 30 years old (give or take) on Madden, so unless Wentz has Superstar X-Factor development, he won't even be worth using on Madden honestly with a 72 rating. With the contract he has, that's an absolute albatross for anyone trying to use the Colts in franchise mode. :( 

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Yeah they update the league roster every week, hopefully after a week 1 win they will upgrade Wentz to a better rating or my Franchise is gonna be in a rough spot

46 minutes ago, NodakColt said:

Why do fans get their undies in a bunch over a dumb Madden rating? He is wrong more than he’s right 

Because if we play as the Colts in Franchise Mode, Carson is ranked a 72, is 29 years old, and under a relatively large contract. Not to mention players decline around 30 in Madden, so Wentz is relatively useless.

35 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Because if we play as the Colts in Franchise Mode, Carson is ranked a 72, is 29 years old, and under a relatively large contract. Not to mention players decline around 30 in Madden, so Wentz is relatively useless.

Useless? Whatever bud. Oh and he’s 28 

2 hours ago, NodakColt said:

Why do fans get their undies in a bunch over a dumb Madden rating? He is wrong more than he’s right 

The Madden people spend a huge amount of time calculating these ratings by watching a ton film, using measurable data and college film (for rookies). Its easy to dismiss because it a game but there are very few outlets (PFF?) that study the game as closely as these guys do to come up with these ratings.

Also worth noting that this is something a huge amount of NFL players really care about. Theres a crazy amounts of Youtube videos of players reacting to their ratings (Mahomes, Lamar, Hopkins, etc.). If All Pro players get worked up over their ratings I think its reasonable for others to take note.

2 hours ago, NodakColt said:

Useless? Whatever bud. Oh and he’s 28 

I mean he's not wrong a 28 year old QB with a rating of 72 is close to useless in Madden. Nothing against Wentz, that's why I'm surprised they're so low on him I was expecting mid to high 70s like 75-79 but not 72. 

I'm sure it will get corrected in the first update to a higher overall

2 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

The Madden people spend a huge amount of time calculating these ratings by watching a ton film, using measurable data and college film (for rookies). Its easy to dismiss because it a game but there are very few outlets (PFF?) that study the game as closely as these guys do to come up with these ratings.

Also worth noting that this is something a huge amount of NFL players really care about. Theres a crazy amounts of Youtube videos of players reacting to their ratings (Mahomes, Lamar, Hopkins, etc.). If All Pro players get worked up over their ratings I think its reasonable for others to take note.

If All Pro players get worked up about it,  it probably means they didn't get all pro ratings.   Madden is garbage and has been for many years.    I miss the ESPN and 2k games

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Do you have actual proof of this, or are you just speculating? 

Fact a few years ago. They changed their team around since Madden 19 with new developers/ employees so it may not be the case anymore.

Buckner is highest rated Colt at 92 OVR. Also, have you seen the home field advantage for the Colts/Lucas Oil Stadium on Madden 22….. (Worst one on the game)

Issue with Madden is the head guys in charge such as Sean Grady were never in the sports gaming world and didn’t ever actually play at a high level in real life. EA put together a random team of guys who worked on RPG games and war games and hoped they would know how to make a football game. Just hasn’t worked.

They have had some good hires lately from guys out of the community so we will see…

Hopefully they start helping the Colts out a bit. Lol

12 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Yes they do, weekly.

In MLB the Show, you can play todays matchups with todays starting pitchers & starting lineups. If a player is on the injured list, he's unavailable. 

The announcers even tell you what the players real stats are for the season.

Internet is great for gamers.

21 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Also have to realize some of the guys on the Madden team are big Patriot fans. If your on the Colts, your rating is automatically a little lower

I don't know about that, maybe.

But I do know that when they show a players highlights, the first highlight is usually against the colts. haha

Archived