Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard’s presser (video)

48 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Did anyone else notice something white (probably a dog) run across the screen app. 19 minutes into the video?

It's a person in a light gray hoodie/sweatshirt hunched over (trying to not block the camera) as they walk across in front of Ballard.

1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

It's a person in a light gray hoodie/sweatshirt hunched over (trying to not block the camera) as they walk across in front of Ballard.

It happened so fast that I couldn't tell for sure. Kind of disappointed that it was a person instead of an animal. 

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The GM does his press conference to start training camp.    12 posts are made, and more than half are about a possible dog that isn’t hurt and that ultimately turns out to be a human. 

Dear God…..       :facepalm:

Because it was rather boring to be quite honest. Other then Frank getting Covid, it was coach talk.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

To be quite honest…..

What you find boring and what I find boring are clearly different.  

If you find non-answers entertaining, you're right. We do have clear differences in boredom

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

If you find non-answers entertaining, you're right. We do have clear differences in boredom

Non-answers?

He gave plenty of answers.   He talked a lot but the presser got understandably taken over by the covid issue.   I enjoyed hearing CB talk about it.   

Would it have been more enjoyable to talk more football?    Sure.   But for right now, all things considered, Covid is Priority One. 

Ultimately, my bigger point is to have so few viewing and commenting on a news conference from your GM is sad to me.    We have a small fan base, and on days like today it’s disappointing. 

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Non-answers?

He gave plenty of answers.   He talked a lot but the presser got understandably taken over by the covid issue.   I enjoyed hearing CB talk about it.   

Would it have been more enjoyable to talk more football?    Sure.   But for right now, all things considered, Covid is Priority One. 

Ultimately, my bigger point is to have so few viewing and commenting on a news conference from your GM is sad to me.    We have a small fan base, and on days like today it’s disappointing. 

People on Twitter complaining about everyone bringing up covid. Until covid is a non issue people are going to talk about it because it is effecting the game right now.

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Non-answers?

Because other then Frank getting Covid, it was nothing we didn't already know. A press release from the colts would have worked.

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Because other then Frank getting Covid, it was nothing we didn't already know. A press release from the colts would have worked.

That is because 80% + of the questions asked by the media were about covid. Do you really think Ballard would rather talk about covid than about football? 

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I actually enjoyed hearing Ballard talk about covid and how he is handling it within the team. I gained a lot of respect for him today.

The notion that some people thought Ballard and his staff haven't educated these players on Covid-19 blew me away when all of us were talking about it a few days ago. I am not there at the facility but feel good about saying that notion was a crock. 

46 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

That is because 80% + of the questions asked by the media were about covid. Do you really think Ballard would rather talk about covid than about football? 

It's a moot point anyway. You really think the NFL won't eventually mandate players being vaccinated? Their a trillion dollar business. Their not risking their bottom line.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Non-answers?

It was middle of a Monday.  Sorry to disappoint you so, but many of us are busy and even afterward, there's nothing really going on in this video to chime in about.  You have to realize most people are fatigued by the covid stuff, and unless it's big covid news, are probably going to tune it out at the first mention..... We can't all have 20,000 posts.... I have faith there will be plenty of juice from the fans here in the next few weeks.... 

45 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's a moot point anyway. You really think the NFL won't eventually mandate players being vaccinated? Their a trillion dollar business. Their not risking their bottom line.

Ok…

No, I don’t think they’re going to mandate the vax.   I’m not even sure it would hold up on any court.  And I don’t the NFLPA would go along.   The league is getting the results they want without resorting to a mandate. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ok…

No, I don’t think they’re going to mandate the vax.   I’m not even sure it would hold up on any court.  And I don’t the NFLPA would go along.   The league is getting the results they want without resorting to a mandate. 

The NFLPA agreed to a full NFL season during the pandemic with little resistance.

Sam Acho is the Vice President of the NFL players association. FWIW on First Take today (ESPN) he said don't believe for 1 second that games will be canceled because of Covid-19 if players on 1 team has the virus. The league will find a way to reschedule games. Reason being is, the league would lose a lot of money (too much money) by canceling a game. He said they did last year and this will be no different. These were basically his words (close to his words) not mine. So we will see. 

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So?    What’s your point?    I don’t know what you’re trying to say?    Sorry.   

My point is the NFLPA isn't a really a hurdle the NFL couldn't get over.

Are people really getting worked up over a press conference?  I mean if you found it boring good for you.  If you gained something from it great that’s what it’s for.  Who cares?  Two people can watch the samething and take different things away from it.  I’ve seen a lot of silly arguments through the years on this forum and even been in my fair share but this one might take the cake.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

My point is the NFLPA isn't a really a hurdle the NFL couldn't get over.

Yes, up to now.   But that might change if the NFL tried to impose a mandate.   I think that would be a bridge too far for the union.  I think they’re willing to go along and be helpful….    to a point.   But I think a mandate would make the union stop cooperating with the league.   

No way to prove anything.   But I think the union has worked with the league to help get vax numbers way up, WITHOUT crossing the line to start a mandate.  

Just my two cents.   And, as I like to say, often not worth that much…..   :thmup:

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sam Acho is the Vice President of the NFL players association. FWIW on First Take today (ESPN) he said don't believe for 1 second that games will be canceled because of Covid-19 if players on 1 team has the virus. The league will find a way to reschedule games. Reason being is, the league would lose a lot of money (too much money) by canceling a game. He said they did last year and this will be no different. These were basically his words (close to his words) not mine. So we will see. 

If I confused anyone with this post, I meant they will replay the games and not just have it be a forfeit according to how Acho was talking. I suck and posting links and video but you guys can youtube first take and see it. Thanks.

Archived