Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deshaun Watson To The Eagles?

King Colt

Here's the latest on Watson's situation: 

Texans want a massive haul in any potential Watson trade. According to NFL.com, Houston wants at least three first-round picks in return for their star quarterback. According to ESPN.com, the Texans would also take a combination of five players and draft picks with the catch being that the picks would need to be high. Good luck with that deal!!

23 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Here's the latest on Watson's situation: 

Texans want a massive haul in any potential Watson trade. According to NFL.com, Houston wants at least three first-round picks in return for their star quarterback. According to ESPN.com, the Texans would also take a combination of five players and draft picks with the catch being that the picks would need to be high. Good luck with that deal!!

That deal would be possible if he was still DeShaun Watson with the Pristine record he used to have.    The key phrase is “used to have”. 

But with his current status it’s not at all clear what his true value is?   Suppose he gets suspended?    All bets are off.

Good luck,  Houston! 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That deal would be possible if he was still DeShaun Watson with the Pristine record he used to have.    The key phrase is “used to have”. 

But with his current status it’s not at all clear what his true value is?   Suppose he gets suspended?    All bets are off.

Good luck,  Houston! 

Nobody is giving 3 1sts before his name is cleared

On 7/25/2021 at 5:49 PM, Wentzszn said:

Poor Hurts if that happens.

I don't think Hurts stays in Philly if that happens, he most likely gets traded to Texans, that is my speculation, thus having 2 ex-Philly QBs in the AFC South. 

The Texan's beat writer that's been with the team since its start was on the Jag radio this morning. He said don't listen to any reports, they're all false. The Texans were trading him before the draft, they had 3 teams offering 2 1st round picks and players, they were going to pull it off the first week of April. THEN, all of his missteps happened. He said that every team pulled their offer, as of today not 1 team will make an offer, and why would they. The new alligations are that 8 women actually did go to the police and they have the police reports. No team is going to touch that for awhile no mater what happens. 

Texans aren’t getting much with Watson. Whether the allegations are true or not, they’re out there. I wouldn’t expect anything more than a single first-rounder for him at this point, seeing as how he could literally be suspended at any minute by the league. Really, any which way you cut it, the Texans are up the creek without a paddle. Sucks for them, fantastic for us.

10 hours ago, chickenMan said:

Texans aren’t getting much with Watson. Whether the allegations are true or not, they’re out there. I wouldn’t expect anything more than a single first-rounder for him at this point, seeing as how he could literally be suspended at any minute by the league. Really, any which way you cut it, the Texans are up the creek without a paddle. Sucks for them, fantastic for us.

No team “I think” is dumb enough to trade for Watson and that PR nightmare. 

Watson is one of the most talented QB's in the league but the Eagles have a ton of holes and very little cap room to work with. I think you have to see what you have in Jalen Hurts in 2021 before you trade away the farm for Watson. Even if Hurts doesn't appear to be the guy, the Eagles will have Carson Wentz off the books and will have at least two first round draft picks which could both be in the top 10, allowing them to looking at a high prospect QB who they will have under their control for 5 years on a rookie deal while using their other draft picks to help build around him. I would personally wait it out and see what you have in your roster in 2021 before making a crazy trade like that.

5 minutes ago, Coslosky24 said:

Watson is one of the most talented QB's in the league but the Eagles have a ton of holes and very little cap room to work with. I think you have to see what you have in Jalen Hurts in 2021 before you trade away the farm for Watson. Even if Hurts doesn't appear to be the guy, the Eagles will have Carson Wentz off the books and will have at least two first round draft picks which could both be in the top 10, allowing them to looking at a high prospect QB who they will have under their control for 5 years on a rookie deal while using their other draft picks to help build around him. I would personally wait it out and see what you have in your roster in 2021 before making a crazy trade like that.

I agree.

Not sure about 2 first round picks in the top 10.   They have theirs (which could be) and the have Miami's which will probably be late teens.  They may get the Colts which would be mid teens too.   Either way, they are looking good.

On 8/4/2021 at 9:59 AM, MPStack said:

No team “I think” is dumb enough to trade for Watson and that PR nightmare. 

I could see the Eagles doing it at some point.  They have never been scared of  controversy or public opinion of their players.

Nobody will offer what the Texans are looking for now though, that would be ridiculous 

Archived