Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Davante Adams has broken off long term contract talks with the Packers


Recommended Posts

Imagine if this guy hits the open market what type of contract he would demand.  It’s not Ballard’s style to go out and pay big money for free agents. He pays his own guys first. So I’m gonna go out and say there’s about a 2% chance of him coming to the Colts. 

 


 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Myles said:

They have paid him over $59 million so far.   I wonder what he is asking for?

Maybe it has something to do with Aaron Rodgers, that Adams doesn't want to play without him as QB. I don't know, just speculating. Green Bay has a lot of issues coming up. The rest of the NFC North must be watching this with interest. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

Imagine if this guy hits the open market what type of contract he would demand.  It’s not Ballard’s style to go out and pay big money for free agents. He pays his own guys first. So I’m gonna go out and say there’s about a 2% chance of him coming to the Colts. 

 

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Maybe it has something to do with Aaron Rodgers, that Adams doesn't want to play without him as QB. I don't know, just speculating. Green Bay has a lot of issues coming up. The rest of the NFC North must be watching this with interest. 

I think at this point I would trade Rodgers and maybe Adams too.    Then have lots of good picks the next couple seasons.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Myles said:

They have paid him over $59 million so far.   I wonder what he is asking for?

 

Sounds like he wants to be the highest paid receiver in the NFL. I don't see how they retain him given their cap situation for next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 11:48 AM, Myles said:

They have paid him over $59 million so far.   I wonder what he is asking for?

One story I saw said Adams wants to be the highest paid receiver.   The problem is the last two years on DeAndre Hopkins’ deal is 2/54m.   $27m per.   That would more than double his last year.    That’s a huge gap to try and close. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the middle of the night, I got a Twitter notice.  And I’ll post it here for what little it’s worth, with the emphasis on “little”.    The person was NOT media, but you never know who knows who…..   So,  maybe…. 
 

The trade proposal was this:

 

Green Bay sends Adams to NE.

The Patriots send their 2022 #1, RB Sony Michel and WR N’Keil Harry to the Packers. 
 

If and when a trade goes down, we’ll see how close to reality this is. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

In the middle of the night, I got a Twitter notice.  And I’ll post it here for what little it’s worth, with the emphasis on “little”.    The person was NOT media, but you never know who knows who…..   So,  maybe…. 
 

The trade proposal was this:

 

Green Bay sends Adams to NE.

The Patriots send their 2022 #1, RB Sony Michel and WR N’Keil Harry to the Packers. 
 

If and when a trade goes down, we’ll see how close to reality this is. 
 

Thats dumb. Other than the 1st rounder. Packers don't need a RB and Harry would be valued at no higher than a 5 based on overall performance so far. I mean if thats the case how bout the Colts send our 1st, Parris Campbell, and Marlon Mack? Same trade value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Thats dumb. Other than the 1st rounder. Packers don't need a RB and Harry would be valued at no higher than a 5 based on overall performance so far. I mean if thats the case how bout the Colts send our 1st, Parris Campbell, and Marlon Mack? Same trade value.

Dumb or not…..  I’m not endorsing it.  
 

But remember,  Houston gave away Hopkins to Arizona for a 2 and a 4 and a banged up RB (Johnson). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Thats dumb. Other than the 1st rounder. Packers don't need a RB and Harry would be valued at no higher than a 5 based on overall performance so far. I mean if thats the case how bout the Colts send our 1st, Parris Campbell, and Marlon Mack? Same trade value.

We can't trade next year's first because we probably won't even have it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 11:40 AM, Indeee said:

Thats dumb. Other than the 1st rounder. Packers don't need a RB and Harry would be valued at no higher than a 5 based on overall performance so far. I mean if thats the case how bout the Colts send our 1st, Parris Campbell, and Marlon Mack? Same trade value.

 

 

You can throw that 1st round pick out the window if Wentz plays 75% of his snaps this season, or he plays 70% of his snaps and we make the playoffs.. There is absolutely NO WAY Wentz doesn't reach those percentages this season with this offensive line and team around him. There is nothing guaranteed in the NFL I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GB is a mess right now...they can’t seem to put together a roster, and a lot of their talented guys seem to distrust the organization at best, or want out completely at worst. Rodgers has carried that team for over a decade, and he only has one SB to show for it. GB better get their act together fast, or they’ll be heading for a total rebuild IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

GB is a mess right now...they can’t seem to put together a roster, and a lot of their talented guys seem to distrust the organization at best, or want out completely at worst. Rodgers has carried that team for over a decade, and he only has one SB to show for it. GB better get their act together fast, or they’ll be heading for a total rebuild IMO.

I think Adams will play 1 more year for the Pack since Rodgers is back. Adams has 1 year left on his current deal. Rodgers will move on as well after this season, just predictions. They have both called this the last dance so there is the hint right there. GB will be great this year and hungry because of this IMO. If those 2 do indeed play they could win the SB. After this season they will be a mess but ok for now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 7:40 PM, Indeee said:

Thats dumb. Other than the 1st rounder. Packers don't need a RB and Harry would be valued at no higher than a 5 based on overall performance so far. I mean if thats the case how bout the Colts send our 1st, Parris Campbell, and Marlon Mack? Same trade value.

 

Do you think a 1000% it won't happen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...