Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton and Eli to call 10 MNF games on ESPN2

It should be noted here, that ESPN has done this during the college football playoffs for the last few years.  

They have one channel for the game broadcast, and another channel where they have 4-6 coaches sitting around talking about what is happening from an insider perspective.   So they’ve done this enough to know what they’re doing.  

And remember, if people leave the primary broadcast to listen to the Manning broadcast, it’s still an ESPN Broadcast.   The network loses nothing.  

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, King Colt said:

Stupid move by ESPN but that is to be expected.

It's astonishing how you are wrong about everything.   Like if you flipped a coin you would be right far more often.    This is far from a mistake,  and the ratings will show it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It should be noted here, that ESPN has done this during the college football playoffs for the last few years.  

They have one channel for the game broadcast, and another channel where they have 4-6 coaches sitting around talking about what is happening from an insider perspective.   So they’ve done this enough to know what they’re doing.  

And remember, if people leave the primary broadcast to listen to the Manning broadcast, it’s still an ESPN Broadcast.   The network loses nothing.  

Someone mentioned advertising above.   I wonder if advertisers bought MNF spots on ESPN if those same spots will be in ESPN 2

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Yay, ESPN did something right for once! :)

still hoping for it's complete and total collapse

it's unwatchable and the Mannings carrying on during a few MNF games does nothing to change my feelings on ESPN/Disney. Of all mega corps that are sucking the life out of everything and pushing heavy handed narratives, they're the flag ship. Complete and total collapse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, The Fish said:

still hoping for it's complete and total collapse

it's unwatchable and the Mannings carrying on during a few MNF games does nothing to change my feelings on ESPN/Disney. Of all mega corps that are sucking the life out of everything and pushing heavy handed narratives, they're the flag ship. Complete and total collapse.

Good luck with that. 

Sounds fun.  I'm interested in what they think about the game. They have great personalities and we feel like we know them already

I predict it will be a success

It mirrors what is happening on youtube with people paying to watch people react to tv shows and movies.  I cannot remember what that's called but, it's a thing

I seem to recall some former player doing something like this as a subscription service

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah same advertising. 

If anyone has been watching the College Bowl on NBC the past montj with Peyton as host and Cooper as co host that probably gives us a bit of a glimpse how things may go though obviously less comical banner but a light hearted mode nonetheless

• Thanks 1