Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Camp starts in Eleven days-What are you looking forward too

Wentzszn

Oh yah, I forgot about Eason. I want to see him take some snaps in pre-season too. It's been more than a year after we drafted him and pretty much noone here has seen anything of him. I want to see how he actually looks in game situations. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

Oh yah, I forgot about Eason. I want to see him take some snaps in pre-season too. It's been more than a year after we drafted him and pretty much noone here has seen anything of him. I want to see how he actually looks in game situations. 

I love that he has been working so hard. Going to Texas and willing to learn from everyone. I have a good feeling about him even if it’s not with the colts. Going to be interesting to see where Carson is in 3 years. Do we stay with Wentz or make the transition to Eason? Does Eason end up a starter on another team? So many possibilities after his rookie deal is up.

• Like 2

I just want to say to everyone thank you for participating on this board. Being disabled is hard. Not going out much this board helps me feel not so isolated and I can talk with people that enjoy my football passion.

I can’t wait until the 28th and we have football to talk about again. Since luck retired this team has been in limbo. I hope we have finally found the guy who can be the QB for the next five years. This team needs stability at that position. I haven’t been this excited for football in a long time. Less then a month before the first preseason game.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I love that he has been working so hard. Going to Texas and willing to learn from everyone. I have a good feeling about him even if it’s not with the colts. Going to be interesting to see where Carson is in 3 years. Do we stay with Wentz or make the transition to Eason? Does Eason end up a starter on another team? So many possibilities after his rookie deal is up.

We didn't trade for Wentz in order to replace him with Eason. I don't think there is much Eason can do to make us give up on Wentz if Wentz is actually good. So... pretty much it all depends on Wentz. If he's good, Eason probably won't get a chance to start for us no matter what. If he's not... now then... the door opens slightly for Eason to grab the spot. 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

We didn't trade for Wentz in order to replace him with Eason. I don't think there is much Eason can do to make us give up on Wentz if Wentz is actually good. So... pretty much it all depends on Wentz. If he's good, Eason probably won't get a chance to start for us no matter what. If he's not... now then... the door opens slightly for Eason to grab the spot. 

I never said that. I said we don’t know where Wentz will be at the end of his contract or in three years when Easons rookie deal is up. Wentz could end up being injured all the time or something else and he doesn’t live up to what we expected. That is all I meant.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I never said that. I said we don’t know where Wentz will be at the end of his contract or in three years when Easons rookie deal is up. Wentz could end up being injured all the time or something else and he doesn’t live up to what we expected. That is all I meant.

Well as it stands right now. If Wentz gets injured it looks like it's Eason's job... so he might have a shot if Wentz goes down. But yah... even in the future I think it predominantly depends on how Wentz is playing and/or whether he's healthy. 

• Like 1

We are 56 days from game one.:yahoo:

I miss my football Sunday’s so much. It’s fun to have the game Sunday then talk about how good or bad they were for a week until the next game.

Colts need to take advantage of the two home games to start the season. We really need to win both those games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We are 56 days from game one.:yahoo:

I miss my football Sunday’s so much. It’s fun to have the game Sunday then talk about how good or bad they were for a week until the next game.

Colts need to take advantage of the two home games to start the season. We really need to win both those games.

I am with you!  I get so excited for the first game and then mildly depressed after the season is over, lol!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WentzinRome said:

I am with you!  I get so excited for the first game and then mildly depressed after the season is over, lol!

It’s like there is no lead up to end the season. It’s just boom it’s over. Makes ir worse if it’s a bad season because you look forward to it then your team is bad.  Nothing like cool fall Sundays and football. I still want to get a jersey I just don’t know which one to get. Nelson would be the obvious choice because he will be around for a long time. I really want Moore too. Pittman would be a good one but being  a WR that one makes me nervous he won’t stick around. I am going to order my colts custom tumbler soon. I just have to decide on just a generic colts image or the Wentz one I have.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s not that hard to understand. Not every play is going to be executed perfect.  Rivers was limited when a play broke down.  When you have a QB that can extend plays when something doesn’t go right it is a huge advantage.

It's not so hard to understand that all QBs have pros and cons. Rivers is one of the best at reading Ds and also throwing with anticipation. Wentz isn't near his level in those categories. But Wentz has mobility and arm strength that Rivers does not. While Wentz may be more mobile when plays broke down, plays rarely broke down with Rivers because he was so good at knowing what the D was going to do, and could get the ball out extremely fast. 

In short, Rivers football IQ and anticipation kept plays from breaking down in the first place. He made things look easy a lot of times because he knew what was going to happen. Wentz likely won't be able to do that on Rivers' level, thus creating more plays that break down and that require mobility. In other words, Rivers didn't need to rely on mobility as much as Wentz has to be successful. And on top of that, play calling to those strengths, or weaknesses, can help keep plays successful in general. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

It's not so hard to understand that all QBs have pros and cons. Rivers is one of the best at reading Ds and also throwing with anticipation. Wentz isn't near his level in those categories. But Wentz has mobility and arm strength that Rivers does not. While Wentz may be more mobile when plays broke down, plays rarely broke down with Rivers because he was so good at knowing what the D was going to do, and could get the ball out extremely fast. 

In short, Rivers football IQ and anticipation kept plays from breaking down in the first place. He made things look easy a lot of times because he knew what was going to happen. Wentz likely won't be able to do that on Rivers' level, thus creating more plays that break down and that require mobility. In other words, Rivers didn't need to rely on mobility as much as Wentz has to be successful. And on top of that, play calling to those strengths, or weaknesses, can help keep plays successful in general. 

I am not even talking about it being all rivers. WR, TE, and RB don’t always execute perfect either. Offensive lineman doesn’t always block perfect. Players all over the field make mistakes.

1.  Seeing K. Paye continue his development and watching him explode onto the NFL scene

2.  Following Dayo's healing progress and then his integration into the Defensive scheme

3.  Fisher's healing process and left side relationship development with Big Q!

4.  P. Campbell's healthy self getting back onto the field and procuding

5.  Watching Carson Wentz put to sleep the naysayers

6.  Praying that politics and opinions stay out of the game and fans can just watch and enjoy what players do best:  Play the Game!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was just thinking about Rock the other day. We were harsh on him but then I forgot he missed like3 games right in the middle of the season with a mysterious illness. Maybe appendix. I wonder how much that hurt him.

Excited to see Rogers. He isn’t big but unlike Rock he has the speed to cover up when he makes a mistake. Rock doesn’t have the speed and has to resort to penalties.

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I was just thinking about Rock the other day. We were harsh on him but then I forgot he missed like3 games right in the middle of the season with a mysterious illness. Maybe appendix. I wonder how much that hurt him.

Excited to see Rogers. He isn’t big but unlike Rock he has the speed to cover up when he makes a mistake. Rock doesn’t have the speed and has to resort to penalties.

Yeah, Rodgers is another one I’m excited to see play. He’s got potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joecolts said:

1.  Seeing K. Paye continue his development and watching him explode onto the NFL scene

2.  Following Dayo's healing progress and then his integration into the Defensive scheme

3.  Fisher's healing process and left side relationship development with Big Q!

4.  P. Campbell's healthy self getting back onto the field and procuding

5.  Watching Carson Wentz put to sleep the naysayers

6.  Praying that politics and opinions stay out of the game and fans can just watch and enjoy what players do best:  Play the Game!

Regarding number 6…. 

The instant players start missing games due to contact or actually coming down with Covid,  all bets are off.    Wish it wasn’t so,  but it’s going to happen. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Regarding number 6…. 

The instant players start missing games due to contact or actually coming down with Covid,  all bets are off.    Wish it wasn’t so,  but it’s going to happen. 

Again, that's my prayer though.  

• Like 1

Interested in seeing how LTs not named Fisher perform.

But as has been mentioned all over this thread - there are so many story lines to follow going into camp.  Should be really interesting.

• Like 4

Just now, gspdx said:

Interested in seeing how LTs not named Fisher perform.

But as has been mentioned all over this thread - there are so many story lines to follow going into camp.  Should be really interesting.

So many stories in the nfl this year. Stafford, Wentz, Goff. Lawrence in Jax. Will Fields play in Chicago. What about Trey Lance. The NFL is the greatest sport ever. 

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

Camp?, I'm not really looking forward to much.   Preseason games I will because I will be watching those.   

For those out of the Indy market the first pre season game will be on nfl network. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

So many stories in the nfl this year. Stafford, Wentz, Goff. Lawrence in Jax. Will Fields play in Chicago. What about Trey Lance. The NFL is the greatest sport ever. 

For those out of the Indy market the first pre season game will be on nfl network. 

I wish the NFLN would stop broadcasting games.  It annoys me to think they expect me to a) get cable or satellite TV or b) subscribe to Hulu or something to watch a game?  

Sorry - I am just not interested in paying more for TV.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I wish the NFLN would stop broadcasting games.  It annoys me to think they expect me to a) get cable or satellite TV or b) subscribe to Hulu or something to watch a game?  

Sorry - I am just not interested in paying more for TV.

It’s only for those outside market. The preseason game will still be free for local markets and usually Indiana markets carry the local feed.

Since I don’t have NFL network I sign up for sling for the one game they play a year. I usually make a different email so I can get a free trial every year. Then cancel it after the game.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s only for those outside market. The preseason game will still be free for local markets and usually Indiana markets carry the local feed.

Since I don’t have NFL network I sign up for sling for the one game they play a year. I usually make a different email so I can get a free trial every year. Then cancel it after the game.

I live in Spokane so a little outside the market.  I will be getting Seahawks preseason games.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I live in Spokane so a little outside the market.  I will be getting Seahawks preseason games.

Like I said if you want to watch the colts preseason game on NFLN sign up for a free sling trial. Then cancel after. It’s very simple. If you have a smart tv with the sling AP you may beable up watch it on your tv. I usually just watch the one Thursday night game on my phone.

45 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Me too. In PDX. I gag on the Seahawks shoved down our throats. 

6 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Me too. In PDX. I gag on the Seahawks shoved down our throats. 

I lived in PDX before here.  Maybe my screen name gave that away...

What part of town do you live in?

On 7/18/2021 at 12:52 PM, stitches said:

1. Wentz! FOR! MVP! But seriously... I can't wait to see Wentz. He's one of the most physically gifted QBs in the league. I hope the injuries haven't robbed him off too much of his athleticism. He's been elite in the past and close to elite for most of his career. I hope Reich can bring him back to it. Also... I want to see Reich actually use Wentz' physical abilities. Don't make him a dink and dunk QB, Frank. Please! 

2. Young DEs... I want to see Paye against NFL level competition. Dayo too, but he might be some time away from returning. 

3. Young WRs... it's time. It's either now or we need to seriously consider restocking the cupboards. We cannot wait on the Campbells and Pittmans' of the world if they don't show serious promise this year and TY is on a 1 year deal and getitng old. Pittman, Campbell, Patmon ... Strachan? They have to start staying on the field and producing. 

4. Young DBs... similar to WRs... our best outside CB has a 1 year contract and is aging. We need at least one and maybe two of Rock, Tell, Rodgers to prove they can play. I'm excited to see them play and compete. Interestingly enough - more excited for the last two than Rock. :dunno:

5. Kicking competition? :thinking:

I agree with most of what you wrote except about the WRs ……. and especially, Pittman. I thought he had a stellar rookie year. I don’t worry about him at all. And you really can’t include Strachan in the “hasn’t made an impact” list. He’s a 7th round pick who has yet to take a NFL snap.  But….Campbell, Patmon, Harris….. no question. Time to show up and make it happen.

Very excited to see training camp finally on the horizon!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I agree with most of what you wrote except about the WRs ……. and especially, Pittman. I thought he had a stellar rookie year. I don’t worry about him at all. And you really can’t include Strachan in the “hasn’t made an impact” list. He’s a 7th round pick who has yet to take a NFL snap.  But….Campbell, Patmon, Harris….. no question. Time to show up and make it happen.

Thank you.    Saved me the trouble.   The whole paragraph was a dumpster fire.   Just  complete nonsense.    Campbell is the guy with the issue.  We all know about TYH. 

But Pittman,  Patmon, and Strachan are fine.  Why they got dragged into this is mind blowing!?   

28 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I'm very weird with Pittman. I was quite possibly the one highest on him in the pre-draft. He was something completely different in the NFL compared to his college tape. I expected him to be our X receiver and he was horrible in that role. He couldn't beat anyone one-on-one to save his life, he was having trouble catching in contested catch situations, he had some uncharacteristic drops... on the other hand he did really well from the slot when he had free releases or was helped by getting schemed up open... and the biggest positive surprise was his exceptional YAC ability and it was something he didn't show in college.

So I'm very much in the camp of "I don't know what the hell I should think about Pittman". I really don't know and I don't think his rookie year was stellar by any means. It was OK and it was OK thanks to things I didn't expect him to be good at. In some sense I guess this is good for his prospects because it's possible he figures out the things he used to be good in college on the NFL level and with his newfound YAC ability it propels him to even higher place than I thought he could go. But on the other hands... if he doesn't figure it out on the outside and regresses in some areas that might not be sustainable, then his prospects in the league are not great. 

I guess we will see in due time. But to answer the question - for me Pittman is very much still a question mark. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thank you.    Saved me the trouble.   The whole paragraph was a dumpster fire.   Just  complete nonsense.    Campbell is the guy with the issue.  We all know about TYH. 

But Pittman,  Patmon, and Strachan are fine.  Why they got dragged into this is mind blowing!?   

They are not getting dragged into anything. But they still have not shown they can be legit NFL receivers. It's not their fault. Patmon was rookie buried in the depth chart, Pittman had a weird season, Strachan is just entering the league. It still doesn't mean we have a good WR corps. We still need one or very likely two of them to pan out for us to have any sort of optimism for the position long-term. This was my point. It's a response in a thread about what I'm excited to watch. So yeah... this is one of the things I'm excited to watch - how the whole young WR room develops. Including Strachan in that group is a sign of my optimism for him potentially producing, if anything... usually I don't expect that from 7th rounders... and I don't really expect it from him either, but I have a sneaky hope he would... there's just something about him that excites me. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

They are not getting dragged into anything. But they still have not shown they can be legit NFL receivers. It's not their fault. Patmon was rookie buried in the depth chart, Pittman had a weird season, Strachan is just entering the league. It still doesn't mean we have a good WR corps. We still need one or very likely two of them to pan out for us to have any sort of optimism for the position long-term. This was my point. It's a response in a thread about what I'm excited to watch. So yeah... this is one of the things I'm excited to watch - how the whole young WR room develops. Including Strachan in that group is a sign of my optimism for him potentially producing, if anything... usually I don't expect that from 7th rounders... and I don't really expect it from him either, but I have a sneaky hope he would... there's just something about him that excites me. 

You’ve softened your language in this post. 

But you’re still way off base about Pittman.   I don’t know why you’re so confused about Pittman, but you are.

And Patmon and Strachan shouldn’t be lumped in with the topic.  They haven’t had a chance to show anything and you stated that if they don’t show this year then we have to move on.   Nonsense. 

The patience needed for the young receivers here is the same patience needed for our young DE group.    Turay and Lewis, Year 4.  Benagu, Year 3.   Muhammed and Rochelle Tear 3 or 4.    Young players need time and opportunity to develop.  Our WR’s will get more this year.