Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Camp starts in Eleven days-What are you looking forward too


Wentzszn
 Share

Recommended Posts

I can’t believe it. What are you guys looking forward to the most.

 

I am so glad fans are back. I love the threads we make for each day with fan and media tweets. The fun is about to start again.

 

Ballard is set to talk to the media on the 27th. One day before camp.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to Wentz. Also looking forward too Eason and Patmon since we didn’t see anything from them last season. Strachan and Granson are going to be very interesting to watch. I think Granson and Paye are going to contribute in big ways as rookies. They just have a vibe about them.

 

Watching to see how Fisher is recovering.  We should know more by camp.

 

Hoping Mack looks like his old self too. How does Turay look.

 

One of the most exciting camps we have had in awhile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I can’t believe it. What are you guys looking forward to the most.

 

I am so glad fans are back. I love the threads we make for each day with fan and media tweets. The fun is about to start again.

 

Ballard is set to talk to the media on the 27th. One day before camp.

Looking forward to see how Mack, Fisher, and Dayo recover from their Achilles injuries.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Looking forward to see how Mack, Fisher, and Dayo recover from their Achilles injuries.


I’ll be surprised if any of them do anything in camp, contact wise.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When camp was at Rose Hullman , and I could go watch a few times I always enjoyed watching the UDFA;s we picked up and trying to figure out which if any had a chance to earn a roster spot. Terrance Wilkens comes to mind. He definitely  shined when given the opportunity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Parris

Wentz

Mack

Pinter

Granson

Strachen

 

in that order............

In that order?

 

That would make Pinter 4th on your most curious to see list?    Really?

 

I love the kid, but I doubt he’d be 24th on my list?!     To each their own….. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:


I’ll be surprised if any of them do anything in camp, contact wise.  

Marlin is expected to be full go at camp. He participated in OTA. He said he was 80% back in March. There isn’t that much contact on camp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Way too many compelling story lines.    I’m not sure I’ve ever looked more forward to a camp as I do this years.   And yes, that includes the Luck years.

 

Every position group has interesting questions and players that need to prove themselves.   Everywhere you look there are questions that need answers.   Every day there should be interesting things to talk about!

 

Looking forward to it!   Can’t start soon enough!     :thmup:

 

:colts:

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

In that order?

 

That would make Pinter 4th on your most curious to see list?    Really?

 

I love the kid, but I doubt he’d be 24th on my list?!     To each their own….. 

I just have a hunch about that kid. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Way too many compelling story lines.    I’m not sure I’ve ever looked more forward to a camp as I do this years.   And yes, that includes the Luck years.

 

Every position group has interesting questions and players that need to prove themselves.   Everywhere you look there are questions that need answers.   Every day there should be interesting things to talk about!

 

Looking forward to it!   Can’t start soon enough!     :thmup:

 

:colts:

 

Yeah, I've been saying this since the our season ended it can't start soon enough. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

I just have a hunch about that kid. 

 

 He wouldn't be 24th but he might replace Glow or Kelly.

 Gee, the line seems important to some, and there is a good chance he starts games THIS season.

 I feel like i have a decent feel for how 24 players will do so come the first 2 pre-season games i will be anxious about...

  Eason 

  Pinter 

  Speed

  Kwity

  Granger

  Lewis

  I have an order but it would be wrong so.. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 He wouldn't be 24th but he might replace Glow or Kelly.

 Gee, the line seems important to some, and there is a good chance he starts games THIS season.

 I feel like i have a decent feel for how 24 players will do so come the first 2 pre-season games i will be anxious about...

  Eason 

  Pinter 

  Speed

  Kwity

  Granger

  Lewis

  I have an order but it would be wrong so.. 

I think Lewis makes the jump this season. He was coming on last year. I would have added Paye, but I already feel he is going to contribute sooner, if not later. I should have added Speed, but I made the list right off the top of my head. I hope we get to see some telling play out of Eason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. Wentz - easily #1 by a wide margin
  2. Campbell - simply the intrigue around his health. I've already know he plays well when healthy.
  3. Paye - I'm sure we'll hear all the good stuff, but not sure it'll mean a ton from a camp perspective. Preseason will be awesome though.
  4. Strachan vs Patmon
  5. Fisher - hoping we hear a little about how close he is.
  6. Alie-Cox - could be a huge year for him
  7. Lewis, Turay, and Rochell
  8. Okereke and Franklin, and the whole MIKE and SAM situation. Would love to see Speed emerge
  9. RYS and Blackmon taking a big step forward. I've seen a few projected depth charts showing Carrie over RYS, and also one or two with Blackmon moving to SS and Odom at FS. Not sure how much stock I put into either, but interesting nonetheless. 
  10. Banogu - will he make the 53?

 

Honorable mentions (no order)

Deon Jackson (RB) vs Wilkins

Harris vs Dulin

Tevi vs Davenport

Has Vollert taken a step forward?

O'Donnell and Pinter in year 2?

Will Tell make an impact? 

Will Isaiah Rogers be a return stud again, and will he make a case for PT at CB. Calling a PB at returns for him

Will Shawn Davis challenge Willis?

Eason, but I assume he's a clear #2

Mack recovery

Dayo - I just don't expect much this year

Kicker comp

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:
  1. Wentz - easily #1 by a wide margin
  2. Campbell - simply the intrigue around his health. I've already know he plays well when healthy.
  3. Paye - I'm sure we'll hear all the good stuff, but not sure it'll mean a ton from a camp perspective. Preseason will be awesome though.
  4. Strachan vs Patmon
  5. Fisher - hoping we hear a little about how close he is.
  6. Alie-Cox - could be a huge year for him
  7. Lewis, Turay, and Rochell
  8. Okereke and Franklin, and the whole MIKE and SAM situation. Would love to see Speed emerge
  9. RYS and Blackmon taking a big step forward. I've seen a few projected depth charts showing Carrie over RYS, and also one or two with Blackmon moving to SS and Odom at FS. Not sure how much stock I put into either, but interesting nonetheless. 
  10. Banogu - will he make the 53?

 

Honorable mentions (no order)

Deon Jackson (RB) vs Wilkins

Harris vs Dulin

Tevi vs Davenport

Has Vollert taken a step forward?

O'Donnell and Pinter in year 2?

Will Tell make an impact? 

Will Isaiah Rogers be a return stud again, and will he make a case for PT at CB. Calling a PB at returns for him

Will Shawn Davis challenge Willis?

Eason, but I assume he's a clear #2

Mack recovery

Dayo - I just don't expect much this year

Kicker comp

 

so everything? lol 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

so everything? lol 

Pretty much. I'm pumped for this season. 

I think I'm hire on the O than most, and more down on the D than some.

But regardless, there are a TON of storylines.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Pretty much. I'm pumped for this season. 

I think I'm hire on the O than most, and more down on the D than some.

But regardless, there are a TON of storylines.

One thing I was thinking about is the offense has such a higher  ceiling with Wentz. More room for error. Won’t put so much pressure on the defense. The last two years we have been so limited with the QB situation every coaching error or player error was huge. We should have more room for error with Wentz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

One thing I was thinking about is the offense has such a higher  ceiling with Wentz. More room for error. Won’t put so much pressure on the defense. The last two years we have been so limited with the QB situation every coaching error or player error was huge. We should have more room for error with Wentz.

Rivers was was very good last year. The pass D IMO was the biggest thing holding us back. Not having a speedy WR like Campbell at slot also hurt. And just being very conservative on O in general....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Rivers was was very good last year. The pass D IMO was the biggest thing holding us back. Not having a speedy WR like Campbell at slot also hurt. And just being very conservative on O in general....

Yes rivers was good. But he was so limited every play had to be perfect. If a play broke down the play was dead. I was so tired of having QB that last two years where every play had to be perfect.  Wentz ability to get outside the pocket and extend plays should help when a play breaks down. Can’t expect every play to be executed perfect.  It made every play call look like a huge mistake when we were limited. I am so excited to see this offense opened up again. Defenses are going to have to defend every inch of the field.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Yes rivers was good. But he was so limited every play had to be perfect. If a play broke down the play was dead. I was so tired of having QB that last two years where every play had to be perfect.  Wentz ability to get outside the pocket and extend plays should help when a play breaks down. Can’t expect every play to be executed perfect.  It made every play call look like a huge mistake when we were limited. I am so excited to see this offense opened up again. Defenses are going to have to defend every inch of the field.

Not sure where you're getting this "had to be perfect" stuff. Rivers isn't mobile, but he's elite in reading Ds and timing. He was top 10ish in most stats categories. Wentz might be more mobile, but he's got a lot to learn before he gets to the cerebral level of Rivers. Both have different pros and cons, but a Rivers O doesn't require everything to be perfect. The only thing we needed was the OL to do well, and they did. Wentz didn't do well when his OL broke down, as most QBs don't. And while Wentz is more mobile, it's not like he's a true dual threat. Nor do we want him running a lot with his injury history. The OL should do the same this year. AC missed about 30% of snaps last year, and most expect Fisher to miss similar. 

 

Play calling is a whole different topic. Most of the bad calls, were just simply bad calls. Not sure having Wentz changes any of that as most of the questionable calls were in the running and kicking game. The only beef I had with pass play calling was not enough deep attempts, and too many first read calls to TY.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to so much, but mostly:

 

1) The WR competition.  Particularly excited to see Campbell, Pittman, and Strachan.  Really hopeful for their development.

 

2) Pass rusher development - Paye, Turay, Banagu.

 

3) Granson.  Those who rated draft classes unanimously listed him as the Colts’ worst or best pick.  I loved that pick!  Exact skill set I wanted in a move TE, with great intelligence and character too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure where you're getting this "had to be perfect" stuff. Rivers isn't mobile, but he's elite in reading Ds and timing. He was top 10ish in most stats categories. Wentz might be more mobile, but he's got a lot to learn before he gets to the cerebral level of Rivers. Both have different pros and cons, but a Rivers O doesn't require everything to be perfect. The only thing we needed was the OL to do well, and they did. Wentz didn't do well when his OL broke down, as most QBs don't. And while Wentz is more mobile, it's not like he's a true dual threat. Nor do we want him running a lot with his injury history. The OL should do the same this year. AC missed about 30% of snaps last year, and most expect Fisher to miss similar. 

 

Play calling is a whole different topic. Most of the bad calls, were just simply bad calls. Not sure having Wentz changes any of that as most of the questionable calls were in the running and kicking game. The only beef I had with pass play calling was not enough deep attempts, and too many first read calls to TY.

It’s not that hard to understand. Not every play is going to be executed perfect.  Rivers was limited when a play broke down.  When you have a QB that can extend plays when something doesn’t go right it is a huge advantage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Wentz! FOR! MVP! But seriously... I can't wait to see Wentz. He's one of the most physically gifted QBs in the league. I hope the injuries haven't robbed him off too much of his athleticism. He's been elite in the past and close to elite for most of his career. I hope Reich can bring him back to it. Also... I want to see Reich actually use Wentz' physical abilities. Don't make him a dink and dunk QB, Frank. Please! 

 

2. Young DEs... I want to see Paye against NFL level competition. Dayo too, but he might be some time away from returning. 

 

3. Young WRs... it's time. It's either now or we need to seriously consider restocking the cupboards. We cannot wait on the Campbells and Pittmans' of the world if they don't show serious promise this year and TY is on a 1 year deal and getitng old. Pittman, Campbell, Patmon ... Strachan? They have to start staying on the field and producing. 

 

4. Young DBs... similar to WRs... our best outside CB has a 1 year contract and is aging. We need at least one and maybe two of Rock, Tell, Rodgers to prove they can play. I'm excited to see them play and compete. Interestingly enough - more excited for the last two than Rock. :dunno:

 

5. Kicking competition? :thinking:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am very excited about camp starting, thanks for the reminder :)

 

I am looking forward to seeing Wentz and Eason, I feel Wentz will shake off last year's ills and Eason will show why he was the top rated QB  coming out of High School.

 

I am looking for Lewis to step up big time and hopefully a healthy Turay and a committed Ben B.  Not too mention Kwity and eventually Dayo.

 

I am anticipating a healthy Campbell and a big step forward from Pittman Jr.

 

I am looking forward to actually having a true "H-Back" in Granson, as it is an important position in the West Coast offense.

 

I am looking for Rock to get it together and show CB 2 qualities.

 

And finally, I am looking forward to football again and I am so glad I finally joined so I can speak with you all about our team :)

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...