Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard on w/ Pat McAfee

50 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth and just be clear….

This is NOT. New interview.   It didn’t happen today.     It happened Wednesday.    Dated 7/14/21.   Some here have already seen this.   

Im not complaining.   I’m only making sure people understand.   Nothing more. 

To be fair, the OP did say that this was from the Wednesday 7/14/21 show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let's talk football.... not covid. I love PMI, and follow several of their shows. In that episode my take away was how Ballard talks about respecting the cap and building through the draft, unlike some teams. I'd expect some big signings coming soon. So no juicy click bait will be made but loved the interview nonetheless.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 7:59 AM, NannyMcafee said:

I liked his point about if they spent more in FA like a lot of people wants, those same people would be wanting to know why they cant sign some of their own superstars 2 years later. 

Yes, exactly!

On 7/17/2021 at 7:59 AM, NannyMcafee said:

I liked his point about if they spent more in FA like a lot of people wants, those same people would be wanting to know why they cant sign some of their own superstars 2 years later. 

Exactly Ballard is living on a budget to pay for the guys he feels is the core of his team not because Irsay is trying to save money like some have suggested.  

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 2:42 AM, GoColts8818 said:

Exactly Ballard is living on a budget to pay for the guys he feels is the core of his team not because Irsay is trying to save money like some have suggested.  

Are people really accusing Irsay of that?  

Irsay isn't that kind of owner.  Irsay wants to win just as much as the fans do. . . more even.  

But you are right anyone with an eye towards the future would recognize that we can't spend money now when in a year or 2 we are going to be signing some guys from Ballard's great 2018 draft to big money deals.  Plus paying Carson and Deforest and several others. 

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Irsay isn't that kind of owner.  Irsay wants to win just as much as the fans do. . . more even.  

But you are right anyone with an eye towards the future would recognize that we can't spend money now when in a year or 2 we are going to be signing some guys from Ballard's great 2018 draft to big money deals.  Plus paying Carson and Deforest and several others. 

Yeah there was a long thread about it a couple of weeks ago.  Not worth going back into.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:42 PM, GoColts8818 said:

I hope when you say…. “Like some have suggested” that you’re not talking about me?

Ive never suggested Irsay is trying to trying to save money, or that he’s cheap, or anything else negative toward Irsay. 

I’ve always said I like Irsay and glad he’s our owner.    Me saying the franchise might have cash flow problems is NOT a knock on the owner.  It’s a comment about the limitations of being a small market franchise.  That’s not anyone’s fault.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

No one really needs to suggest the financial short comings of Irsay's and the Colts organization. 

The lack of Talented FA signings and the Hardball they play with players whose contracts have expired says it all. 

As has been explained to death no it doesn’t and Ballard’s interview is once again an example of why what some want to be true isn’t.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

As has been explained to death no it doesn’t and Ballard’s interview is once again an example of why what some want to be true isn’t.

I saw the interview.   What do you think Ballard said to support your view?   What did I miss?   

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No true colt fan or fan of any team wants their team to be at a Disadvantage financially. 

I'm sure all fans wish they had the means  like the Dodgers...lol.

NCF and a few others have accurately covered it in the past and I don't care to take the time to regurgitate what they said.....but I will repeat what I said above  "The lack of Talented FA signings and the Hardball they play with players whose contracts have expired says it all".

If you or others disagree that's fine. :thmup:

On 7/20/2021 at 12:38 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I hope when you say…. “Like some have suggested” that you’re not talking about me?

Ive never suggested Irsay is trying to trying to save money, or that he’s cheap, or anything else negative toward Irsay. 

I’ve always said I like Irsay and glad he’s our owner.    Me saying the franchise might have cash flow problems is NOT a knock on the owner.  It’s a comment about the limitations of being a small market franchise.  That’s not anyone’s fault.  

Regardless of how you put it, do you have anything that says that is a concern or are you repeating a narrative with no backing?

8 minutes ago, wig said:

Regardless of how you put it, do you have anything that says that is a concern or are you repeating a narrative with no backing?

I have stated more than once that I have zero proof.   But I think I have enough hard evidence that says we’re likely among the smallest markets in the NFL and that translate to fewer dollars.   That’s not hard to price together.

What is hard is knowing whether or not this impacts how we do business.   I’m not sure we’ll ever know this?  

It’s a discussion issue for me.   I’m not trying to cry wolf here.   There’s no one to blame and no one is at fault and there’s nothing that can be done about.  If I’m right,  this is just the world we live in. 

On 7/20/2021 at 12:37 PM, Valpo2004 said:

No, it gets conflated into pure ridiculousness and distorted from the original once upon a time thought ... Lol.  No one stated Irsay is trying to save money so won't pay ....