Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 most important plays in Colts history?

15 hours ago, WentzinRome said:

I am 54 and from NYC and was a Colts fan from day 1.  There is a rich history and if you would feel the need to bail on your team for moving, from a city that you only moved to at 17, than that is all I need to know.  Enjoy your evening Sir.

I'm 50.   I would bail on the Colts if they moved because they would have bailed on Indiana.   I'm not loyal to a team no matter what.   If a team I root for does crappy things all the time, I would bail on them.  It's nice that the Colts have a good owner and usually try to stay away from troubled players.  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Reggie Wayne refusing to be denied against 3 defenders to get into the end zone against the Packers. 

Reggie Wayne recovering  a mid air fumble against the Patriots AFCCG is much better play. Higher stakes that play.

13 hours ago, DougDew said:

Its a judgment call of course.

I'm judging great plays by looking at what the situation was before the snap occurred.  While the Luck fumble recovery was a great play, it was a fumble after all, and if that play didn't happen we were on the three yard line about to score anyway with time on the clock.  Without the bomb, we'd still be in our own territory with only 4 minutes left, making that maybe our last possession.

Its like that Nick Harper fumble recovery was a great play (could have been greater), because without that play PIT was on our three yard line about to seal the game.  That play was a game changing play, that we didn't convert.

I get it.. I guess with the Luck fumble recovery, which he converted to a TD, is if he didn't recover it and KC did, we lose the ball and more momentum and the bomb to TY later in the game would never have happened or wouldn't have mattered in terms of completing a comeback.  

15 hours ago, JediXMan said:

This epic game.

When Wayne caught that ball in the endzone it was so deafening loud in LOS that your eyeballs literally shook. 

Drinks, nachos, people, everything was in the air when that happened. EPIC is an understatement! 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm 50.   I would bail on the Colts if they moved because they would have bailed on Indiana.   I'm not loyal to a team no matter what.   If a team I root for does crappy things all the time, I would bail on them.  It's nice that the Colts have a good owner and usually try to stay away from troubled players.  

I understand your pov and I usually agree with your posts, we just have different views on this matter and that is okay:)

• Like 1

Play that changed the NFL (and I hated):  1496672429037915315960001.thumb.jpg.3ca714aaca38434ae2c3d12bb13c1f55.jpgJimmy Orr waving, wide open and Earl Morral ignoring him- throwing an interception.

It forced (at least gave credence to)  the merger of the AFL-NFL, and brought the Colts to the AFC. The Colts dominated that came offensively- but curiously the Morral to exColt Johnny Sample interceptions stopped two drives.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

Play that changed the NFL (and I hated):  1496672429037915315960001.thumb.jpg.3ca714aaca38434ae2c3d12bb13c1f55.jpgJimmy Orr waving, wide open and Earl Morral ignoring him- throwing an interception.

It forced (at least gave credence to)  the merger of the AFL-NFL, and brought the Colts to the AFC. The Colts dominated that came offensively- but curiously the Morral to exColt Johnny Sample interceptions stopped two drives.

Almost looked fixed didn't it?? How does he not see him lol. Hell I could've completed that pass.

• Like 2
On 7/13/2021 at 2:15 PM, Dunk said:

On the negative side, Vanderjagt's shank in the play offs that could have sent the Pitt game into overtime.

That 2005 team was the best in the NFL that year,

Same game, Nick Harper not running to the sideline and letting Rothlisburger tackle him. All Vandy would've needed to do was make a Xp if he does.

Positive

Friday I mean Saturday recovers Rhodes fumble for a touchdown in 2006 AFC champ game

Immediately thought of the '05 playoffs. One other thing to note about that game is the "incomplete" interception by Polamalu. One of the most gut wrenching games of all time no matter which side of that you were on.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, JoeThornburg said:

Immediately thought of the '05 playoffs. One other thing to note about that game is the "incomplete" interception by Polamalu. One of the most gut wrenching games of all time no matter which side of that you were on.

Yeah. That interception overturn was strange to say the least. I remember thinking bad call, but I'll take it.

On 7/14/2021 at 10:20 AM, CurBeatElite said:

I get it.. I guess with the Luck fumble recovery, which he converted to a TD, is if he didn't recover it and KC did, we lose the ball and more momentum and the bomb to TY later in the game would never have happened or wouldn't have mattered in terms of completing a comeback.  

Ok, the second half of that play was great.  The first half of it sucked. :default_20smile:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Ok, the second half of that play was great.  The first half of it sucked. :default_20smile:

One thing I remember is the next year when we signed Andre Johnson and Frank Gore, they were interviewed and said that they were talking to eachother (as former Hurricane teammates) about where to sign and they brought up that play and said they wanted to play with Luck in Indy because they thought he was special and was gonna give them both a ring.

Recently, Gore said the only regret he had signing with INdy was that Luck didn't stay healthy for longer.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Believe blue1306 said:

I know edge didn't win a SB, but wasn't he on the team to start the year and irsay still gave him a ring? He was one of my all time favorites! 

No he left for Arizona in free agency but yes Irsay did give him a Super Bowl ring for what he had done before he left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know he is not a household guy, but for Manning to throw it to a backup TE and trust him on a key 3rd down and 4 from the Patriots 46 yard line, yes, Bryan Fletcher, in that 2007 AFCCG on the game winning drive, that was one of the critical plays in Colts history. 

• Like 1