Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

N'Keal Harry requests a trade.

Do you think Ballard would be interested in trading for him? 23 years old, but he hasn't put it together in the NFL yet. I find it odd he had a 38.5 vertical jump at the combine the same as Jimmy Graham and ran a 4.53 but hasn't put it together in the NFL in two seasons. To be fair, he did play with Brady for 1 season and Cam Newton last season. 

2 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

Do you think Ballard would be interested in trading for him? 23 years old, but he hasn't put it together in the NFL yet. I find it odd he had a 38.5 vertical jump at the combine the same as Jimmy Graham and ran a 4.53 but hasn't put it together in the NFL in two seasons. To be fair, he did play with Brady for 1 season and Cam Newton last season. 

IMO, the hardest thing in the NFL is the "putting it together" part. The NFL is littered with talent and athletic freaks of nature, but it's the rare combination of talent, hard work, and the ability to translate it all onto the field, that make it so difficult to succeed.

3 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

Nope...we have enough young promising receivers.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It would depend on two things: 

1.   What did we think of Harry before the draft?

2.   What is the asking price in picks or players?   Harry for Benagu?   Hmmm?  Maybe.   Is there a deal to be made? 

I didn't think the Colts would be interested in Harry because of the likely price, BUT, that scenario is interesting. Shades of the Jacoby for Dorsett trade. 

We have so many bigger  and younger WRs on this roster

Patmon 

Strachan (I think he will be on active roster this year)

Tyler Vaughn (top 10 WR of all time at USC)

Lets see what we have before we trade to get someone else

Though you havent heard it from me in the past 15 mins :)   Id rather have Ertz

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It would depend on two things: 

1.   What did we think of Harry before the draft?

2.   What is the asking price in picks or players?   Harry for Benagu?   Hmmm?  Maybe.   Is there a deal to be made? 

From what I'm hearing, the 49ers have offered a 5th or 6th round pick for him. If the Patriots are asking for more than that for him then its a no for me. 

Harry was a productive player at Arizona State but I didn't think he was a slam dunk 1st round pick. Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, and DK Metcalf were all drafted after him and have been productive players so far in their careers. 

His best bet would be to stay put. Cam and the Pat's had many obstacles last season. I expect a 180 from them especially with Cam in year 2 there and in a better place physically. 

As far as the colts getting involved in acquiring him.......seriously doubt it. Lol

This is a guy that had severe head injuries in college, so bad in fact that he was going to retire. He's one shot away from ending his career. I watched the Pats the last 2 years, he's just a guy, average at best. I wouldn't trade Patmon for him even up.

On 7/7/2021 at 5:32 PM, Zoltan said:

Honestly, I'm not surprised he wants a trade with Cam as the QB. Although I'm curious if part of wanting the trade is from seeing Mac Jones at camp and not having faith in his development.

That has nothing to do with it.

On 7/6/2021 at 4:19 PM, DownHillRunner said:

There were some on this forum that really like Harry, but I wasn't a big fan. He lacked athleticism and was essentially nothing but a contested catch guy, which historically has not translated to the NFL well. Typically these guys weren't able to get separation in college, but could out-jump the competition. In the NFL, they get no separation and don't have the same success with contested catches.

Personally, I'm not a fan of WR's with his limited skillset, so I wouldn't sign him as an UDFA, let alone trade for him. I see him out of the league within a few years at worst and as a JAG at best. 

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I read he could actually be on the bubble at Green Bay I believe. They are loaded at WR.  I would be tempted if our WR room takes a hit or we decide we need another WR.  

Green Bay is “loaded” at wide receiver?   Really?     Try telling that to Aaron Rodgers. 

3 hours ago, Shive said:

For reference, here's 2 draft profiles on him:

NFL - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/n'keal-harry/32004841-5265-4593-d716-d972ec2d4468

TDN - https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/nkeal-harry

They both outline how he was an absolute monster at contested catches, but lacked athleticism and could not create separation at all.

I don’t think the NFL. Com profile helps the argument.   Scroll to the bottom where a scout literally addresses the separation issue. 

On 7/9/2021 at 5:08 PM, Shive said:

For reference, here's 2 draft profiles on him:

NFL - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/n'keal-harry/32004841-5265-4593-d716-d972ec2d4468

TDN - https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/nkeal-harry

They both outline how he was an absolute monster at contested catches, but lacked athleticism and could not create separation at all.

Late second round grade, which is what I thought. They could have had some major talent that went after him.

On 7/9/2021 at 8:40 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think the NFL. Com profile helps the argument.   Scroll to the bottom where a scout literally addresses the separation issue. 

It was a WR coach and I saw it, but that is one position coach's opinion vs a lot of scouts' opinions. Maybe it's overblown, but I'm just not a fan of this type of WR. He's bigger than Pascal, but I honestly don't think you would get anything more out of him than you get from Pascal. I may have been a bit harsh in my initial response on this thread, but I wasn't a fan of him as a prospect and I haven't seen anything that has changed my mind.

3 hours ago, Shive said:

It was a WR coach and I saw it, but that is one position coach's opinion vs a lot of scouts' opinions. Maybe it's overblown, but I'm just not a fan of this type of WR. He's bigger than Pascal, but I honestly don't think you would get anything more out of him than you get from Pascal. I may have been a bit harsh in my initial response on this thread, but I wasn't a fan of him as a prospect and I haven't seen anything that has changed my mind.

I’m not making an argument either way for Harry. 

I’d love to know what we thought of him coming out of college?   How much did we like him, or not?    I liked him, but I don’t think I loved him coming out.  

Harry will likely go to a team that will offer more than we will. 

Making contested catches is all fine and dandy, but eventually having to fight for every catch and not just getting open causes interceptions and incomplete passes. I don’t put much stock into Harry not being a good WR as a lot of WR seem to not work well with Cam throwing the ball. I’d be interested in seeing how he looks with Jones or a better QB than Cam throwing him balls. 

Archived