Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts one of lowest vaccinated rates in the NFL

Dogg63

On 6/17/2021 at 10:14 AM, JMichael557 said:

Do they have to wear helmets? if they want to get sick their choice but they should not be putting others at risk. If they don't want to get vaccinated then they should not play.

If the NFL or the Colts want to change the rules to mandate vaccines, that’s one thing, but they haven’t, so your point doesn’t hold water.

6 hours ago, craigerb said:

What if the 5 are the O line?

Doesn’t answer the question.

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Does anyone know what’s going to happen if they can’t sell out football stadiums this year. I know they are all back to capacity except except the colts which should be coming soon. But what happens if fans don’t buy the tickets to sell it out. Are we going to be looking at blackouts?

Doubtful 

5 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Does anyone know what’s going to happen if they can’t sell out football stadiums this year. I know they are all back to capacity except except the colts which should be coming soon. But what happens if fans don’t buy the tickets to sell it out. Are we going to be looking at blackouts?

fans will buy tickets for sure. I doubt there will be black outs. 

By the way, even being vaccinated you can still get/pass the virus. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 12:03 AM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Also, I am 23, I was 22 when I caught something in Feb 2020, which the doctors never could diagnose. The symptoms were all consistent with Covid, but they were not testing at that time unless you had traveled internationally.

Same with my friend's daughter who was 29. No one knew what was causing her symptoms but like you, the symptoms were consistent with those of COVID-19. She lost her senses of smell and taste, had difficulty breathing, and had gastrointestinal symptoms. Antibody tests later showed she had had COVID-19.

It has been almost a year and a half since, and I still have trouble breathing, still have chest pain, still have lightheadness.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you get a lot better. 

So for people that point out the death rate, that isn't the only consideration. You can just as easily have longterm side effects.

Exactly. Many people fail to acknowledge that. 

There are college players and MLB who never had an issue that now do (multiple heart issues people). The flu does not cause this extreme.

Exactly.

The vaccine has proven to at least cause the symptoms to be almost non-existent. And for those of you who say the vaccine hasn't been around, yes this specific has not, but the base of it has been, Sars vaccine was the basis the change was some of the DNA. The extreme change isn't there

Well said. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 12:57 AM, EastStreet said:

I was most concerned with a few family members that were old, and some with illnesses. They have all been vaccinated. I'm not all that concerned for myself. I've never got a flu shot. I'm not an anti-vax person or anything, I just don't get the flu often, and when I do, it's over quickly. One of my best friends gets the shot every year and still gets sick just about every year. As most on here know, I follow stats (not just football), and make my decisions based off that and personal experience.

I have never had the flu. So, I never get a flu shot. I figure that if I get the flu, I will be sick for a week or so, but then resume my normal life. That is not the case with COVID-19. After months of thinking about it and talking with many people I respect, I did take this shot because I was concerned about the longterm effects of COVID-19. I was also concerned about the possible longterm effects of this vaccine, but I figured its effects can't be as bad as what getting COVID-19 would do. The great thing about it is that life is now almost back to pre-pandemic times. Streets are packed, businesses are flourishing, and people feel comfortable hugging each other again. 

Yes, it is a personal choice. That was the choice for me.

• Like 2

• Nadine locked this topic