Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts one of lowest vaccinated rates in the NFL


Dogg63
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IndyEric07 said:

Well if they dont get the vac and get CV, NFL wont let them play! Even though there’s still a 99% survival rate!:panic:

We should be targeting health not just survival. Even 1 case of covid could ruin our season.  

  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s about to turn political in here.... lol

 

But politics aside, people should be able to choose whether they get vaccinated or not. Nobody cares about the flu shot.

 

The shots and the virus both have nasty side effects such as blood clots and enlarged hearts. Colts will be fine.

 

In other news: Indianapolis is the only city not allowing 100% capacity for the NFL season as of now.

 

  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although I believe it’s a personal choice I am really upset at this. Why do players want to keep having all the protocols. Fans have every right to be mad because what happened in that Titans game can happen again. Could cost us the division. Teams need to be 85% vaccinated for protocols in each facility to be lifted.  
 

Darius and his wife have been posting all kinds of anti vaccine stuff on their IG stories These players shoot the selves up with crap all the time and they are worried about a vaccine.

 

This could turn into a competitive advantage. Hopefully this changes once played have to be in the facility everyday getting tested and wearing mask. Not to mention not being able to eat with your teammates if your not vaccinated.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yet based on no official rate. What if that rate is like 49 percent instead of 50....

Yeah I suspect it’s probably close to that 50 percent.  Only three teams are at 70%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only about ten players are vaccinated so far. What the hell are Irsay and Ballard doing. So these plates need more education on the vaccine. If this team doesn’t fix this it’s goinf to cost them. From team chemistry to losing important players.
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Only about ten players are vaccinated so far. What the hell are Irsay and Ballard doing. So these plates need more education on the vaccine. If this team doesn’t fix this it’s goinf to cost them. From team chemistry to losing important players.
 

 

Again, it’s a choice. If they don’t want the vaccine then so be it. Their health is most important to them.

 

If they have to miss a game or two because the NFL says so then so be it if they made that choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Again, it’s a choice. If they don’t want the vaccine then so be it. Their health is most important to them.

 

If they have to miss a game or two because the NFL says so then so be it if they made that choice.

I am all for personal choice. But as a fan it’s upsetting. Covid cost us the division last season. Say it’s DEC and what happened in the Titans game happrns again and it costs us the playoffs. Any player who is exposed will not have to miss a game if they are vaccinated. After waiting all season and finally having our QB it would be really crappy to have the ruined by covid.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, brently76 said:

Whatever happened to my body my choice? This thread is hilarious. 

As a fan yes it makes me mad. I am all for choice but when your looking forward to the season and covid could blow it up it’s upsetting. Especially when their is a vaccination. I bet the Bucs have a high vaccination rate. Or even the Patriots. 

Fans won’t be laughing when it costs us the playoffs. Only ten players is ridiculous. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes but how many 5G towers are near the stadium? During the Ohio House Bill 248 testimony, the concerns of 5G towers combined with vaccinations causing people to become magnetized!

 

note: I'm being sarcastic, but that was part of the actual testimony 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Mr. ForTheColture Insider is really out here trying to say that barely over 10% of our players are vaccinated while other teams are hitting 90? I wouldn’t doubt that we’re below average for whatever reason but I don’t believe him or his “sources” for a second that there’s THAT large of a discrepancy. This dude just throws crap at the wall. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

So Mr. ForTheColture Insider is really out here trying to say that barely over 10% of our players are vaccinated while other teams are hitting 90? I wouldn’t doubt that we’re below average for whatever reason but I don’t believe him or his “sources” for a second that there’s THAT large of a discrepancy. This dude just throws crap at the wall. 

I don’t think he throws stuff out there. But I hope his info is wrong. Holder isn’t giving numbers but his sources are telling him it’s very low and they are prepared to suffer the consequences. I can’t imagine going to the facility everyday and only being able to eat with another vaccinated player or having to keep wearing masks. It even having yo go through all that testing again.

 

Personally I think enough people in this country have been vaccinated or had it all protocols should be lifted and not tied to vaccinations. Numbers are very low in the country now. But it is what it is and the nfl has set rules and it’s goinf to make me very nervous covid is going up ruin this season again.

 

Americans went and got vaccinated and cases are low now so fans are allowed back in stadiums. Players should realize because Americans got vaccinated fans are back. I with thry would do their part.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why is this even a conversation?

Regardless of whether or not it upsets you that they aren’t vaccinated, it’s their own personal health choice. You can say it upsets you, but it’s their decision. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone should have freedom of choice. I made the decision not to get vaccinated because I sm on a immune suppressor. Iit scares me when I know people  have not felt well for a day or two. So I sm going to wait. I sm only around vaccinated people so it doesn’t concern me much. So I am all for freedom of choice and totally get it. Just coming from a fans perspective. Hopefully it has subsided enough it won’t be a issue for unvaccinated players. I can almost guarantee Ballard and Reich are dissapointed if it’s really only ten players.

 

I am selfishly looking at it from a fans perspective.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brently76 said:

Whatever happened to my body my choice? This thread is hilarious. 

I agree. Freedom of choice, if someone doesn't want to get the shot than they have the right. The shot does have side affects as well, some people have them worse than others. If you are a person that hasn't even been sick since this has started than that would make anyone more reluctant to get the vaccine. I see both sides of it, so I am good either way and that is how it should be in the USA.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Everyone should have freedom of choice. I made the decision not to get vaccinated because I sm on a immune suppressor. Iit scares me when I know people  have not felt well for a day or two. So I sm going to wait. I sm only around vaccinated people so it doesn’t concern me much. So I am all for freedom of choice and totally get it. Just coming from a fans perspective. Hopefully it has subsided enough it won’t be a issue for unvaccinated players. I can almost guarantee Ballard and Reich are dissapointed if it’s really only ten players.

 

I am selfishly looking at it from a fans perspective.

Things have calmed down now….

 

But it’s highly likely we’re going to have another wave come the winter.   Things are going to get difficult again in November, December and January…. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It has zero to do with character. 

 

And comparing the current vaccines to pain killers and other medications that have been around for 20+ years is a bit twilight zone-ish.... It's not remotely comparable. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It has zero to do with character. 

 

And comparing the current vaccines to pain killers and other medications that have been around for 20+ years is a bit twilight zone-ish.... It's not remotely comparable. 

I agree on all accounts here. I know people that I deal with almost every day or talk to at least twice a week and they haven't got the shot/vaccine but they are high character people. Character has zero to do with any of this. I am sure there are people that have bad character that have got the vaccine.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It has zero to do with character. 

 

And comparing the current vaccines to pain killers and other medications that have been around for 20+ years is a bit twilight zone-ish.... It's not remotely comparable. 

Well we know all those pain killers can kill the liver. So much they have asked players to stop taking it as a preventive.

 

I will say it again I don’t care if they get it. Just looking at it through a fans eyes and how it could ruin a playoff birth if it happens at the wrong time. I am just more surprised players want to deal with all that testing again and all the other protocols.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Things have calmed down now….

 

But it’s highly likely we’re going to have another wave come the winter.   Things are going to get difficult again in November, December and January…. 

Hopefully not. Enough people have been vaccinated or have had it hopefully it won’t. We * even way way down compared to last summer. They think people who have had it have lifetime immunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably shouldn’t even worry about this. Colts barely lost any players to covid last season when it was at its worst. I guess if players still want to put up with the protocols Thats their choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Well we know all those pain killers can kill the liver. So much they have asked players to stop taking it as a preventive.

 

I will say it again I don’t care if they get it. Just looking at it through a fans eyes and how it could ruin a playoff birth if it happens at the wrong time. I am just more surprised players want to deal with all that testing again and all the other protocols.

I think you should consider the following.

 

  • I'm not suggesting the vaccine will have any bad side effects, but there is simply no intermediate or long term data at this point to be adamant either way. Saying we have accurate short term data at this point is even a bit of a stretch. 
  • There is an abundance of data on what pain killers and others do to the body. Player health is also monitored closely, so each player and each team has a lot of data on their own health. And it is their responsibility to ensure they know about their bodies (via their own personal docs), and also be educated on any drug they are putting in their bodies. 
  • Players have a lot of choice in terms of pain meds, and not all have the side effects you mention.
  • Players are not forced to medicate. Most do it because they want the pay check, or a bigger pay check next year. In short, just like the vaccine, it's their choice. But at least they have a ton of data in which to make an educated decision (unlike the vaccine).

 

While I have mixed thoughts on the topic, I think you're pretty silly if you are elderly or have comorbidities, and don't take the vaccine, If however you are in your 20s and the picture of health, the data suggests that Covid is not a serious threat statistically. We've had less than 2500 deaths in the US from the age group of 18-29 (which includes comorbidities), and less than 10,000 if you extend that range to 18-39. In short, the threat is not great for players. If we're being honest, one could easily argue that the cost/risk/benefit equation would suggest that 18-29 year olds should not risk the vaccine lol... If this weren't a political topic, it would be pretty clear. A lot of fans just "feel" a sport is more important than choice.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think you should consider the following.

 

  • I'm not suggesting the vaccine will have any bad side effects, but there is simply no intermediate or long term data at this point to be adamant either way. Saying we have accurate short term data at this point is even a bit of a stretch. 
  • There is an abundance of data on what pain killers and others do to the body. Player health is also monitored closely, so each player and each team has a lot of data on their own health. And it is their responsibility to ensure they know about their bodies (via their own personal docs), and also be educated on any drug they are putting in their bodies. 
  • Players have a lot of choice in terms of pain meds, and not all have the side effects you mention.
  • Players are not forced to medicate. Most do it because they want the pay check, or a bigger pay check next year. In short, just like the vaccine, it's their choice. But at least they have a ton of data in which to make an educated decision (unlike the vaccine).

 

While I have mixed thoughts on the topic, I think you're pretty silly if you are elderly or have comorbidities, and don't take the vaccine, If however you are in your 20s and the picture of health, the data suggests that Covid is not a serious threat statistically. We've had less than 2500 deaths in the US from the age group of 18-29 (which includes comorbidities), and less than 10,000 if you extend that range to 18-39. In short, the threat is not great for players. If we're being honest, one could easily argue that the cost/risk/benefit equation would suggest that 18-29 year olds should not risk the vaccine lol... If this weren't a political topic, it would be pretty clear. A lot of fans just "feel" a sport is more important than choice.

I agree with what you said here. 100% I don’t think protocols should be tied to vaccines. protocols need to end for everyone in the facility

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Players shoot themselves up with all kinds of pain killers we know are bad for them but won’t take a vaccination.

There is almost no equivalency here, except for a needle........ you know this,

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Nadine locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That's where the Eagles are.  They are going to trade a number of 1st rd picks most likely to move up in the draft and get a QB they have no idea will pan out.  In a poor QB class no less.  Hurts is way down the list on current QB play after five weeks.  They are going to regret trading Wentz.  I'm sure they are already.  Looks like another good trade by Ballard.  Here's hoping he does it again this off season. 
    • As the title says, per NFL dot com.   TY will play against Houston.   
    • I thought that I was pretty clear when I stated that I thought that we should wait to put any stock into the numbers.   My last post was really in regards to the personal attacks on Wilson. Some acted like people were indicated that his opinion carries weight because at one time he wrote for Stampede Blue. Who cares if he wrote for a blog? It is ok to disagree with someone without making it personal.    And it's interesting that people take issue with Wilson using stats to push a narrative that Wentz is average but yet some people have used stats to put a positive spin on Wentz and that's ok. Just seems hypocritical.   Look, I agree that there is context that should be considered but that context goes both ways. I'm not going to dismiss Wentz based on how he played at the start with such limited practice but i'm also not going to crown him based on his play vs a crappy Dolphins team or having 400 yards agains the Ravens. It's great that he did that but it seems unreasonable to expect that out of him on a regular basis.
    • Even if Kyrie doesn't play, Durant and Harden are too much. They had the Bucks beat last year with an injured Harden playing and no Kyrie. If Durant only had a shoe that was an half inch shorter  . Durant is so special of a player I am have him officially in my top 16 ever - he is that great. I call it my Sweet 16:   16. Kevin Durant 15. Karl Malone 14. Moses Malone 13. Jerry West 12. Hakeem Olajuwon 11. Tim Duncan 10. Oscar Robertson 9. Bill Russell 8. Shaq O'Neal 7. Larry Bird 6. Wilt Chamberlain 5. Kobe Bryant 4. LeBron James 3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 2. Magic 1. Michael Jordan 45 years of watching and studying the whole game from stats, Accomplishments, Talent, Eye test, Leadership - making players around them better, Clutchness, etc..
    • which at least theoretically would've freed Ballard up to use the "Campbell pick" on someone else as well
  • Members

    • Wentzszn

      Wentzszn 14,941

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 3,197

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • csmopar

      csmopar 8,243

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ClaytonC

      ClaytonC 39

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IinD

      IinD 2,293

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BlackTiger

      BlackTiger 267

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • K-148

      K-148 68

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WentzinRome

      WentzinRome 306

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • poilucelt

      poilucelt 193

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Smonroe

      Smonroe 3,226

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...