Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat Angerer Ranks At 26Th Best Ilb According To B/r

OllyDawes

oh well, that i didn't know. But then again it is BR, also nobody really talked about Angerer this season.

id take him over some of the guys ranked well ahead of him, namely london fletcher and takeo spikes

Not his fault that was he was instructed to do.

A tackle is a tackle.

a tackle is a tackle yes, but getting "free" tackles doesn't prove your good.. just that your scheme is faulty and get it exploited..

I do think Pat is our best LB and a very good one, but a lot of those tackles where 15 yard drop back, witch isn't worth anything.

I think Angerer is going to thrive under Pagano. He has a nose for the football and attacks the run and with a DT eating up double teams now in a 3-4 he could be a monster run stopper. The one draw back to Angerer is that is not that great in pass coverage. he struggles with it but all players have some kinda flaw. I am sure Pat will work at it and that area of struggle is NOT an attempt to rip Angerer just being honest about him.

how many tackles did he get dropping 15 yard back, and giving up 1st downs... just saying

Blame that on Tampa 2 not the players. Tampa 2 is based on speed, and it often leaves huge holes all over the field. Angerer IMO is better than Brackett and is primed to be one of the best ILB in the league.

I think Angerer is going to thrive under Pagano. He has a nose for the football and attacks the run and with a DT eating up double teams now in a 3-4 he could be a monster run stopper. The one draw back to Angerer is that is not that great in pass coverage. he struggles with it but all players have some kinda flaw. I am sure Pat will work at it and that area of struggle is NOT an attempt to rip Angerer just being honest about him.

100% Agreed

Blame that on Tampa 2 not the players. Tampa 2 is based on speed, and it often leaves huge holes all over the field. Angerer IMO is better than Brackett and is primed to be one of the best ILB in the league.

If i shall blame it on tampa 2 how can you use it for the reason that he is good, the reason he got that many tackles was because of our scheme... you cant take the one without the other...

again. I'm still not bashing him, but alot of those tackles where because he drop 15 yards off and I know he got told to do it but still its the reason for that many tackles