Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts/Titans argument for winning AFC South

On 6/10/2021 at 3:04 AM, JoeThornburg said:

Good points all around with your take on the situation as usual man. I just look at this move with Jones and something in my gut just doesn't sit right. It's like they went all in on a 2 year window, particularly with the Dupree and Autry signings. Then they go and do this? I get it because Atlanta ate the dead cap on his contract but a 2nd rounder for a 32-33 year old player not on the interior line is not something I would have done lightly. Then again I'm a Pittsburgher and I have watched the Steelers play catch and release with young guys on the outside for years now, so to me this is like, the opposite of that philosophy.  I will say that it's a smart signing from the perspective of having a veteran presence in the WR room, a Hall of Fame presence for that matter.

IMO, they know they probably have a few more years of Henry playing at a high level, and want to go all in by making the O more well rounded. Jones, if healthy, does that. And he and Brown should be one of the better 1-2 WR punches in the league.

Purely my opinion, but the FO probably finally came to the realization that they can't simply run the wheels off of Henry and expect to win. They've basically wasted their time with him thus far. Always competitive, but never next level. If Tannehill can continue his fantastic efficiency, but take on a bigger role (more attempts), TN's O will be pretty dynamic.

Also, I feel as if the analytics concerning Tennessee's run blocking are a bit skewed because they have the best back of this generation. I could never understand why the guy didn't start earlier. Talk about a horse. Plus, I mean run blocking isn't where a lot of guys up front have issues, it's normally in the pass game.

Not really. I've included a link below on how PFF grades offensive linemen. It's not really about RB performance at all. 

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-how-pff-grades-run-blocking

It's definitely a 2 horse race in the AFC South but TEN also has to go through the same gauntlet that IND does in terms of schedule, and they have KC, at home, but still. 

Titans schedule, at least to me, is harder than Indy's. IIRC their SOS is somewhere on average of about 10 spots higher than Indy's. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean like they do after every draft, every season that ends without a SB, and every time the Colts do not sign the FA they wanted?

To be fair, Tennessee fans have every reason to feel happy and even cocky. They are the defending division champs, they're a year removed from getting to the AFC finals, they are regulars in the playo

I think this Julio Jones trade is bad for both the Titans and Colts honestly. The Titans are just giving themselves a short-term window to try and win now even though they are probably the 5th best te

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now